HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MMA General News and Discussion Pt. Deux (Lesnar rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Fanpuck33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
well, once again, Dana lied (about never having women fight in the UFC)

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=411117

female MMA just doesnt do it for me
Hardly new news that the UFC is adding women. It's also quite a stretch to say Dana lied about it. You can't call someone a liar every time they change their mind about something. He used to be totally against it, but then Ronda Rousey happened and things changed.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Chael Sonnen's mother nearly shot Yushin Okami

Quote:
Chael Sonnen is friendly with Yushin Okami to the extent that the Japanese middleweight frequently visits West Lynn, Oregon to train with Sonnen and his team. When he’s in town he stays at Sonnen’s mother’s house and has the run of the place, letting himself in and out via the security keypad on the front door.

Okami’s English isn’t the best though and so when he changed some plans at the last minute, chaos ensued and Sonnen’s mother nearly ended up shooting him. Literally nearly ended up shooting him. Chael Sonnen tells the story of how his Japanese friend ended up standing in the hallway with an alarm going off at 1am gibbering “Yushin Okami, thank you!” while having a shotgun pointed at him….
http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...iddle-of-night

1:33 into video

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Chael Sonnen's mother nearly shot Yushin Okami

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...iddle-of-night

1:33 into video

Old
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Kitten Mittons

Crazy how much bigger Sonnen looks at probably the same weight. Jones is one lean dude.

Sonnen looks more like he did against Silva the first time. I think he didn't re-gain enough the second time, looked straight up anorexic and dehydrated.

Old
12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Crazy how much bigger Sonnen looks at probably the same weight. Jones is one lean dude.

Sonnen looks more like he did against Silva the first time. I think he didn't re-gain enough the second time, looked straight up anorexic and dehydrated.
When he tested positive for high levels on testosterone....

Old
12-07-2012, 04:17 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
When he tested positive for high levels on testosterone....
The same testosterone he is now legally taking through TRT

Old
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

He's been on TRT since '08

Old
12-09-2012, 03:32 AM
Kitten Mittons

He needs all the T he can get if he is to survive against Jones.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Well it seems that a few editors at Wikipedia has decided to remove and ruing all the articles on UFC events again.

Adding all future events starting with UFC 155 to 1 big page with even less information than last time. It seems like a very small group of people are on some kind of crusade to destroy something they dont like for personal reasons.

They were overruled last time and seem to have gone even further last time.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Well it seems that a few editors at Wikipedia has decided to remove and ruing all the articles on UFC events again.

Adding all future events starting with UFC 155 to 1 big page with even less information than last time. It seems like a very small group of people are on some kind of crusade to destroy something they dont like for personal reasons.

I think someone just deleted the page for 155. At least that's what it looks like right now.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Yeah it seems to be fine. I've seen that some time with future events where they don't really have their own page until they get closer to happening.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:17 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Mark Hominick retired.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Four losses in a row. Was probably going to get cut. Saving face/not wanting to hit up the smaller promotions maybe?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I Am Beat You

He wasn't going to get cut. Regardless, he had an exciting career. To be among the 55k in attendance for his fight against Aldo was incredible.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I think someone just deleted the page for 155. At least that's what it looks like right now.
The page for some other future events like 156 link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_156
A couple days ago it was everything after this weekends tuf finals. Things seem to be going back an forth as it seems to be a bit of a battle over how UFC events will be displayed.

On the discussion page the move to change things is being led by the same editor(MTKing) who tried to put all 2012 ufc events on the same page a few months ago.

Pissing of thousands of people who use Wiki for fight info might not be the great idea when you are a website funded by public donations.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Yeah it seems to be fine. I've seen that some time with future events where they don't really have their own page until they get closer to happening.
Read the discussion section for the page. There was a detailed page and it was deleted.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Mark Hominick retired.
Sad to see him go but things haven't been going well for him in the cage for a while now.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Hominick took a real tumble

Old
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Hominick took a real tumble
Obviously hard to say for an outsider, but losing Tompkins as both a close friend and coach seemed to have a huge effect on the way he fought. Never looked the same after the loss to Aldo. Too bad, he seems like a really nice guy and was a good 145er, only 30 years old too..

Old
12-12-2012, 01:57 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatTornado View Post
Obviously hard to say for an outsider, but losing Tompkins as both a close friend and coach seemed to have a huge effect on the way he fought. Never looked the same after the loss to Aldo. Too bad, he seems like a really nice guy and was a good 145er, only 30 years old too..
Agreed. Time to move onto something else. Guy fought with a lot of heart, has a young family, nice to see that he sees the writing on the wall and saves some brain cells for later in life.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:05 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post

It's been down since Forrest pulled out. I'm not sure if its wiki or if the UFC is having people go and delete it, but anytime fights change, the pages come down.

They are even missing pages from previous UFC events, when they previously had pages for UFC events that were a year away from happening.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
that whole camp stinks now. Speaking of a camp that stinks, is it me or are the Blackzilians not winning a lot of big fights.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
that whole camp stinks now. Speaking of a camp that stinks, is it me or are the Blackzilians not winning a lot of big fights.
Rashad and Vitor weren't going to beat Jones no matter what. Those losses aren't surprising and it wouldn't have mattered if they were with a different/better camp. Those are the two "big" fights someone from that camp has lost.

Guys like Mitrione, Guillard, and Torres have lost but they're not that great to begin with. Mitrione losing to Nelson and Guillard losing to Cerrone is what most people expected to happen. Torres is just finished.

You're right though, their top fighters aren't winning too many fights. Overeem and Rashad could change that in February and so can Alvarez when he makes his UFC debut.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
He's a super nice guy, really genuine.

I think you hit the nail on the head, that along with the fact that he just became a father & has another on the way. There has been a lot of change in his life away from the ring & he doesn't have the time to dedicate himself the way he needs to to be a top contender.

I think we will see him back in the ring a few years down the Rd, he'll get that itch. He will still be around the sport, coaching, doing television for sportsnet/UFC Canada, he's been so vital in the legislation of mma across Canada & he'll continue to be.

That's why I get the feeling he'll decide to make one final run down the road, the sport is still going to be around him on a daily basis.

Old
12-24-2012, 06:59 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Merry Christmas

Closed Thread