HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MMA General News and Discussion Pt. Deux (Lesnar rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 03:00 AM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
^^^^^^
Certainly looked like he was on something. Obviously that isn't enough to convict someone, but this news certainly wouldn't surprise me. That being said, I believe the initial tweet was from FrontRowBrian (who is known for floating rumors that end up not being true) so we will see.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:09 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
He was obviously taking full advantage of his TRT exemption. If he used something on top of that, he is a moron. He looked ripped, too.
Since the card was in Brazil, do we know who did the testing? Or if anyone was tested?

Old
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Peter Griffin

According to Ariel Helwani citing Tatame out of Brazil, Brazil's Athletic Comission shuts down Belfort's doping rumor: "Results aren't back yet". Hopefully Belfort didn't test positive, I don't want Bisping to have any excuses.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
According to Ariel Helwani citing Tatame out of Brazil, Brazil's Athletic Comission shuts down Belfort's doping rumor: "Results aren't back yet". Hopefully Belfort didn't test positive, I don't want Bisping to have any excuses.
More from Ariel Helwani on this:

Quote:
Just spoke to @MarcRatnerUFC about the rumors of a failed drug test at FX 7 in Brazil. He said all 22 fighters on the card gave a urine sample before the fights on Saturday and 6-8 fighters were tested after their respective fights for street drugs. He said an independent lab based in the US, hired by the new Brazilian commission, is overseeing the drug testing and there are still some pending results. He said they hope to find out everything early next week and will make the results public then too. That news, according to Ratner, could very well be no news.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kt9jk8

Old
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
what's up witg gray maynard these days

Old
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

A really nice story of fan/MMA fighter interaction.

http://www.mymmatraining.com/chael-s...you-dont-know/

Old
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
If a Brazilian company is doing the testing, he wont fail.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
If a Brazilian company is doing the testing, he wont fail.
An American company is doing the testing...

Old
02-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Bellator had a press conference to announce their new reality show today. You can read about the details here. They went with a couple of Dana's buddies as coaches, Frank Shamrock and Greg Jackson. Randy Couture and Joe Warren are the other two coaches.

Dana has already been blasting Couture in the media and said he is banned from attending UFC events and from cornering fighters in the UFC. Couture says that's something the commission handles and he doesn't think that's Dana's call. I think the Greg Jackson addition to the show is interesting. The childish tantrum Dana is going to throw (we all know it's coming) should also be interesting.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:18 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Dana acting like a child, no one is shocked.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i know others hate dana for speaking candidly but i love it. dana tells it like he feels and doesnt care who agrees or disagrees or if u mad.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:51 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Hopefully this Bellator thing goes well. Competition is great for this sport.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
BGDDYKWL

Unfortunately the UFC was unable to reach a deal with Barnett.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
The interesting thing was it wasn't the guaranteed money, which to me makes me think that it could maybe be drug testing related? Just speculation on my part.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

That sucks. I read that he declined the UFC's most recent offer but maybe they'll still be able to get a deal done.

I doubt it's drug testing related, the commission handles all of that. Since they mentioned they had no problem with the guaranteed money, maybe the issue was with the PPV cut. Either they're not being offered any PPV bonus or maybe they want a bigger percentage. Who knows. I just want to see him fight in the UFC.

Speaking of drug testing, it turns out Tavares was the one who tested positive at the last Brazil event, not Vitor Belfort. But Vitor did get a TUE exemption for the fight and was allowed to use TRT even though he tested positive for steroids in the past.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:03 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Maybe a deal can't be struck bc Barnett might want to wrestle in Japan every now and then?

Old
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Maybe a deal can't be struck bc Barnett might want to wrestle in Japan every now and then?
Probably why.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:29 AM
BGDDYKWL

Sonnen was on a local radio show the other day (Holmberg's Morning Sickness). For those who've never heard the show I would highly recommend it. Got me through many mornings at work. But anyway, they were asking him about the Super Bowl and he says, "If I have to hear one more thing about Ray Lewis being some sort of tough guy, I'm gonna go smack him around. The guy goes out there in a kevlar suit and runs around for 7 minutes over a 4.5 hour span and they call him a tough guy? Once my skills diminish to the point where I can no longer fight in the UFC I'll go join the NFL."

Old
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Kitten Mittons

Lol love Sonnen.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Looks like there's going to be an impromptu fight between Bloodstainlane and Nick the Tooth.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Cris Cyborg Asks for Release from UFC

Quote:
As relayed via Cyborg's manager, former UFC champion Tito Ortiz, the first (and only) Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Champion is no longer interested in working for the UFC.

To that effect, she has reportedly asked for her early release from the promotion:
Quote:
Right now, we're actually waiting for [the] UFC to release [Cyborg]. We asked for them to release her, so Dana White actually talked to me yesterday. They gave an offer, I went to Cyborg and she said she didn't want to do it—and we just asked for her release.

Since [the UFC] isn't doing a 145-pound weight class, what else can they do? Now, she's going to be released. Maybe we'll go look somewhere else and you can see Cyborg crush another woman's face in.
Quote:
Ortiz noted that the UFC's intent was to offer Cyborg a "huge deal," but she specifically wanted a three-fight deal with a fourth fight against Rousey at a 140-pound catchweight.

However, UFC president Dana White had previously stated that match would only happen at 135 pounds—requiring a weight drop that Ortiz says would permanently harm Cyborg's health.
Quote:
Additionally, Ortiz also drew some fire from White for statements made to The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting) claiming that Rousey "hasn't proven anything" in her fighting career yet.

White's response was especially barbed, telling the press (via MMA Weekly) that Rousey—an undefeated champion, sports superstar and history-making U.S. Olympic medalist—is in another class compared to Ortiz, blowing his career "out of the water" with her relative age and accomplishments.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sey-superfight

Lulz at that last quote.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Johny Hendricks on GSP: 'You're an idiot'

Quote:
"Really?! You're an idiot," said Hendricks on MMAmania's Verbal Submission podcast. "He said that Condit really did beat Nick Diaz, know what I'm saying? He said, 'I'm fighting the true number one contender Carlos Condit,' and now, he's going backtracking and saying, 'Well, I think [Hendricks] lost.' Who cares? You don't get to decide. He's not a judge. He's not a judge. He's a fighter. He's paid to fight and he's paid to fight me.

"The fact that he was able to ask and get this request [to fight Diaz], the only thing this is, is it gives me more drive. It's not like I didn't have enough but what's gonna happen is, whenever I look across the cage, he's not going to see fear. He's not gonna see anything. All I want to do is I want to fight him. I want to look across and see GSP and that might be something he's not used to. I don't know. I don't know why he didn't take the fight but I guess I wouldn't want to fight me as well."
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...oure-an-idiot/

Last edited by End of Line: 02-09-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Cris Cyborg Asks for Release from UFC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sey-superfight
Good. Hopefully she goes away now.

She gets big and builds all this muscle after taking PEDs and now she's crying about not being able to drop another 5-10 lbs? That's what you get for cheating.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
kurt
the last emperor

I still can't keep track of whether people do care or don't care about cheating in this sport.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:27 AM
MeatTornado
I was born ready

Send a message via MSN to MeatTornado
I think Hendricks is learning his lesson, if he talks enough s*** maybe he'll piss GSP enough to get his fight. I think he deserves to get the title shot to be honest, but I'm getting sick of hearing him whine about it.

Closed Thread