HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Checkers game is on!

Old
11-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Caniac125330

vCash: 500
Checkers game is on!

For those in the Carolinas anyway, the checkers game is on time warner cable 520.

Caniac125330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:28 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Dalpe had an amazing game and Welsh is much improved from the beginning of the season. Welsh can really skate and handle the puck well.

Bowman does not have sort of offensive skillset besides a shot. That combined with the Checkers lack of a playmaking C better than Riley Nash really limits the number of quality scoring chances he gets. He's been very, very fortunate to score as many goals as he has already and I bet he winds up with around 25 or so if he spends the whole year in the AHL.

Boychuk's talent level is so beyond any other forward on the team. Nobody creates as many scoring chances out of nothing. I wonder how many points he would have this season if Tim Wallace had been even slightly useful offensively up to this point.

Peters still looks uncomfortable and scrambly (which is not a word) in net. It's his 7th pro season and he's still barely hovering over a .900sv%, so I think it's fair to ask when does the Justin Peters era end? Am I the only one who thinks that he's a weak goalie even at the AHL level?

But the loss wasn't the Peters fault. It's to be expected when your match-up against Hall-Nugent-Hopkins-Eberle is Terry-Sutter-Samson and Bellemore-Faulk. lulz

The Checkers PP really misses Gragnani. The Faulk-Dalpe point duo is a mess.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Dalpe was very good as were Boychuk and Faulk. Does Boychuk have enough mass to make it at the next level? He took a few good licks including one from Toni Rajala who is a pretty small guy himself. To his credit he was very resilient and didn't shy away from it. Dalpe would look good as our 2C IMO

11-25-2012, 01:54 AM
franfrey*

Dalpe was excellent tonight! You've got a keeper there for sure!

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
KibGrinder

vCash: 328
I believe that the rest of the televised games are as follows. Sorry stuff doesn't line up but I'm too lazy to do anything other than copy and paste:

"The following Checkers home games will be televised throughout the Carolinas on Time Warner Cable special events channel 520:
Day Date Time Opponent
Saturday Dec. 1 7 p.m. Rockford (this game only on channel 522)
Saturday Dec. 15 12 p.m. Houston
Friday Dec. 21 7 p.m. Peoria
Friday Jan. 25 7 p.m. Abbotsford
Saturday Jan. 26 12 p.m. Abbotsford
Saturday Feb. 9 7 p.m. San Antonio
Saturday March 9 7 p.m. Houston
Friday March 15 7 p.m. Texas
Saturday April 6 7:30 p.m. Milwaukee
Friday April 12 7 p.m. Texas"

Source -> http://gocheckers.com/schedule/broadcast/

KibGrinder is offline   Reply With Quote