Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Bruins Jersey Ever!

Old
05-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

vCash: 500
I'll probably not be able to get an authentic for a while. But I really want one. I'm thinking of buying a Marchand home jersey. I just hope he's still here before I get it

Last edited by Nose Face Killah: 05-10-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
SCBruCrew4

Well to go against my post from a year ago...My first REAL Bruins jersey is my Peverley training camp jersey that he wore in last years training camp. I love it not only cause it's one of a kind, but because it fits me perfectly.

It's pretty cool to 'cause it has it's puck scuffs up around the shoulder area and elbow area, plus a few minor rips from the camp. It's pretty cool to know a player wore it.

SCBruCrew4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBruCrew4 View Post
Well to go against my post from a year ago...My first REAL Bruins jersey is my Peverley training camp jersey that he wore in last years training camp. I love it not only cause it's one of a kind, but because it fits me perfectly.

It's pretty cool to 'cause it has it's puck scuffs up around the shoulder area and elbow area, plus a few minor rips from the camp. It's pretty cool to know a player wore it.
I think that's pretty cool.

Gives it some real character.

My daughter would love a Pooh Bear or Winter Classic (she likes the good), but since I would have to find one on the used market I have no idea what is a real jersey and what is a fake.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
blackngold4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
I'll probably not be able to get an authentic for a while. But I really want one. I'm thinking of buying a Marchand home jersey. I just hope he's still here before I get it
The authentics reebok sells now aren't really "authentic" anyway, they shipped production to Indonesia a few year back and arent made to the on ice specs. I'd wait until they start selling the edge 2.0 Canadian made jerseys to the public, if they ever do. I have an authentic edge 1.0 which they don't sell retail anymore, you may be able to find on ebay but its hard to weed through the fakes. They only wore those jerseys the first year after reebok redid them but they are to the on ice specs for that year.

blackngold4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

For anyone looking for Premier jerseys on Shop.NHL of pre made player jerseys, use the code NHLE when you're at the cart screen waiting to precede to checkout. You get $48.00 taken off from the $159.00 it all ready is from the NHLE code, and you can sign up for 2 day shipping for only $5.99 if you sign up for 30 days of free shipping but they add a $79 annual membership fee after the 30 days but you can just cancel it, and shipping is free from the code also. So you get a $160 jersey for $117.18

Old
05-10-2013, 03:47 PM
blackngold4877

Quote:
For anyone looking for Premier jerseys on Shop.NHL of pre made player jerseys, use the code NHLE when you're at the cart screen waiting to precede to checkout. You get $48.00 taken off from the $159.00 it all ready is from the NHLE code, and you can sign up for 2 day shipping for only $5.99 if you sign up for 30 days of free shipping but they add a $79 annual membership fee after the 30 days but you can just cancel it, and shipping is free from the code also. So you get a $160 jersey for $117.18
That works on the authentics too, marks them down to $255

Old
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold4877 View Post
That works on the authentics too, marks them down to $255
Yeah I know. I really want an authentic. Don't know when I'm gonna get one. When I do I'll probably stop buying jerseys. Thinking of getting a Marchand one, or a Horton customized one if he re signs.

Old
05-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

Has anyone ever bought an authentic from Shop.NHL? Was everything stitched like it's supposed to?

Old
05-11-2013, 09:23 PM
NSBruinFan

When I was a kid I had a Bourque jersey. Also had a Bruins Painter hat. A Habs fan ripped the bill off it the first time I wore it on the school bus!

I have a Bergy jersey now. Picked it up on my one trip to Boston.

NSBruinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

Hopefully gonna take advantage of that discount soon to get a Horton home premier jersey. I've been meaning to get a Horton home jersey for a while. I've decided against authentics. And if Horton gets traded after this season, I'll still wear it. He's a Bruins hero, to me at least.

Old
05-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
I got a Marchand for $99 from pure hockey a while back free shiping as well probly not on sale anymore but it was a good deal.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Why does one need so many jerseys within such a small timeframe..?

Its like buying a new video game every week, you will never even get to use the last one you bought. The Bruins aren't moving anywhere any time soon, save your money (or your poor parents money ) and get a jersey in a year or so haha

I love collecting jerseys too, but I only have one Bruins one. I don't really feel the need to get another yet, at least not for $150 haha.

Maybe its just my personal feelings, but they seem less special when you just buy them all willy nilly. I sort of have a story or a reason behind each of mine

But if you really want to, go ahead. If Horton signs (not traded btw) elsewhere this offseason you can still wear it with pride. You can wear pretty much any Stanley Cup roster jersey (maybe except Kaberle haha) and no one will give you strange looks

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Turk 16

Did Ray Bourque ever wear the "A" with Boston?

On a related note, does anyone know if Ray wore the "A" before the "C" with the Bruins? I'm looking to obtain a pre-Espo-retired #7 Bourque jersey (replica), but the one I'm looking at has an "A" which I don't think is accurate. IIRC there were no official "alternate" captains while Ray wore #7. He shared the captaincy with Middleton starting mid-80s, but I think they swapped the "C" and neither wore the "A." When he went to #77 in 1987 he was still alternating the "C" with Middleton. So he never wore an "A" with the Bruins and this jersey I'm looking at is wrong. Am I right?

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
blackngold4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
On a related note, does anyone know if Ray wore the "A" before the "C" with the Bruins? I'm looking to obtain a pre-Espo-retired #7 Bourque jersey (replica), but the one I'm looking at has an "A" which I don't think is accurate. IIRC there were no official "alternate" captains while Ray wore #7. He shared the captaincy with Middleton starting mid-80s, but I think they swapped the "C" and neither wore the "A." When he went to #77 in 1987 he was still alternating the "C" with Middleton. So he never wore an "A" with the Bruins and this jersey I'm looking at is wrong. Am I right?

Old
05-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Turk 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold4877 View Post
Holy cow, nice grab! You know when that was taken?

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

nvm......

Last edited by Nose Face Killah: 05-15-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
05-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Nose Face Killah
Do Your Job

I don't know whether to get a Rask or Krug jersey....

Old
05-26-2013, 01:15 AM
HarvardBruin

I bought my first one last week at TD Garden, just before Game 1 started versus the Rangers. I bought a Lucic Premier Jersey for $195. For me, it was between Lucic and Marchand, but I ultimately decided to get the former because I figured there were better odds he'd be around longer. Fortunately, they were giving out free autographed pucks that night on purchases $50 or more. Initially, I got a Khudobin puck and asked if I could get a Marchand one instead. The worker responded by saying it was "random," meaning my plea was shot down. However, the register crashed during my purchase, which resulted in me waiting for five minutes or so. I ended up giving the guy a hard time, in a playful way, and he wound up swapping out the Khudobin puck for a Marchand one.

Therefore, I wound up getting two items that each had something to do with my two favorite players. The fact that Marchand went on to score the OT-winner just makes the story that much cooler...

Pretty damn good first game experience, imo.

HarvardBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 02:20 AM
PatBruinCelticSox
Girl Foot Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...744177625.html

PatBruinCelticSox is offline   Reply With Quote