HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Overall quality of KHL,will it improve?

Old
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
ViD

vCash: 500
Is there a place online to track current attendance leaders ? I can't find this on KHL site

ViD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Since the last year.
I think it's the matter of time.
this. NHL needed how many decades to do that?

Atas2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 03:10 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
this. NHL needed how many decades to do that?
You forget that NHL does not have teams from Czech or Slovakia. They had a French version for Sens and Habs fans forever

Old
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Anyone else feels that KHL is not treating the fans from outside of the former soviet union fair? I mean they made all of the non Russian clubs to have a Russian version of their websites to accommodate Russian fans, but the KHL website does not have Czech or Slovak version. Heck, even NHL has that..
First of all this is what Lev and Slovan did on their own accord and that's good. There was no obligation to do that as for the league though. Give the league some time. The NHL didn't make it on their 5th anniversary either. And the just look athe story of Poprad. They basicaly left the league after 1 year. It looks good now with Lev and Slovan. If it works out well and they stay put there definitely will be a czech and slovak version on the website.

And in general no truth to the rumour the league would treat the fans differently.

P.S. I appreciate the russian announcements in Prague, but I would understand the czech ones too and I wouldn't consider it a problem or a failure in fan treatment if there wasn't an anouncement in russian. It's Prague, it's their language. It's good with me.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
You forget that NHL does not have teams from Czech or Slovakia. They had a French version for Sens and Habs fans forever
Only the team sites made by the teams themselves, not the NHL site. This fact was discussed on this board by unhappy francophones who coudn't understand why the NHL would launch all the language versions, but not a french one for the Quebeqois.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Is there a place online to track current attendance leaders ? I can't find this on KHL site
Current counts would be hard to find. Here are some from last year:

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/m...kh/285308.html

Dinamo Minks and SKA leading in total numers, but it also depends on the arenas. Ufa and Khabarovsk were sold out throughout the season.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Only the team sites made by the teams themselves, not the NHL site. This fact was discussed on this board by unhappy francophones who coudn't understand why the NHL would launch all the language versions, but not a french one for the Quebeqois.
What are you talking about? NHL had French version of the website a long time before they introduced other languages

Old
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
What are you talking about? NHL had French version of the website a long time before they introduced other languages
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ar.../t-998807.html

That's what I'm talking about.

Old
09-21-2012, 07:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

KHL in talks with american, canadian, english (GB) etc broadcasters. Most interested teams are Magnitka (Malkin, Gonchar, Kulyomin), CSKA (Datsyuk, Bryzgalov), SKA (Kovy, Bobrovsky), Dynamo (Ovie)
Original link in russian

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Chippewa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
KHL in talks with american, canadian, english (GB) etc broadcasters. Most interested teams are Magnitka (Malkin, Gonchar, Kulyomin), CSKA (Datsyuk, Bryzgalov), SKA (Kovy, Bobrovsky), Dynamo (Ovie)
Original link in russian
Any idea what networks?

Chippewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:33 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Sportitalia goes on to broadcast KHL in Italy per Sport Express

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Talking to British broadcasters is very smart sure there isn't a big popularity of hockey here but there are many people from Russia, Latvia, Slovakia etc etc to tap into

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Side Stache

vCash: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
It's Russia. You think people will pay 50$ to watch games online? When they can watch them for free?

KHL-TV costs 50 rubles monthly. Sport 1 HD that sometimes is broadcasting KHL games in HD costs 60 rubles ($2). I guess half of that is the providers share. It's not that big of revenue compared to the costs of equipment and arenas. Tickets are also cheap. And there is nothing KHL can do about it. Right now KHL is in stage of huge investments in everything without any hope for revenue. And they do invest a lot.
You know, you can watch NHL, NBA, NFL and w/e else for free on the internet as well?
It's the quality and additional features. If KHL figures out how to present it - it might work out. Sorta.

Side Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Acallabeth
2 good 4 RS

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Oh look!
http://www.shop.ska.ru/

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:49 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
2 simple marketing related issues that will go along way to improve the credibility and appeal to the league are 1) Turn up the lighting in all of the rinks. Yes the camera quality isn't the greatest in every rink but ramping up the lighting so that every rink is as bright as Slovan's will go a long way toward making the game look better. At least make it consistant through all arenas. Make it a new KHL arena standard.
2) Package the highlights better. No one has 5 to 9 minuted to watch highlights of each game, 4 replays of every goal. Quickly compile all of the goals, some hits/saves and show them only once unless the play was exceptional. It should be less than 2 minutes a video. TSN shows KHL highlights in 30 to 40 seconds (a little short).

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:14 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
You're talking nonsense. And your point about Ufa arena is ********. If you think KHL didn't improve over 4 years you need a reality check. And I don't even want to waste time to point out obvious things.
I gotta agree that if they had games on in NA with English commentators a lot of Americans/Canadians, including me, would tune in.

Last edited by PhilaFlyers: 09-28-2012 at 01:26 AM.
PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:02 AM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
2 simple marketing related issues that will go along way to improve the credibility and appeal to the league are 1) Turn up the lighting in all of the rinks. Yes the camera quality isn't the greatest in every rink but ramping up the lighting so that every rink is as bright as Slovan's will go a long way toward making the game look better. At least make it consistant through all arenas. Make it a new KHL arena standard.
2) Package the highlights better. No one has 5 to 9 minuted to watch highlights of each game, 4 replays of every goal. Quickly compile all of the goals, some hits/saves and show them only once unless the play was exceptional. It should be less than 2 minutes a video. TSN shows KHL highlights in 30 to 40 seconds (a little short).
I love the length of KHL highlights. I always thought the nhl ones were too short.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 01:48 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
I love the length of KHL highlights. I always thought the nhl ones were too short.
me too. 2 minutes just isn't enough to get an idea about the game.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:02 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
I agree that lenght is ok, but the editing should be improved and standartized. I don't think we should be listening anthems in these videos

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 11:18 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Guys can you be serious? Many goals are crappy point shot tip ins etc., and they show the replay 3 times - so unneccesary. If you want to watch all of the highlights from all of the games it will take more than an hour.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 02:20 PM
ViD

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Guys can you be serious? Many goals are crappy point shot tip ins etc., and they show the replay 3 times - so unneccesary. If you want to watch all of the highlights from all of the games it will take more than an hour.
I think they have the links to all the goals in the highlight descriptions, if you click them it will go directly to the goal highlight time allowing you to skip unwanted stuff

Old
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Vicente

About what kinds of highlighst do we talk here? KHL highlights that are uploaded to the official youtube channel? Or is there anything else?

If there is only a youtube channel: I'd like to have something like NHL has where you can chose if you want to see complete highlighst or certain goals, hits, saves etc. !

I like the long highlights but I am not interested in every single game so I would like to see just the short version of the goals of some games.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:14 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Maria Titova about KHL TV, news, problems and plans of KHL TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAX21RarGxM&feature=plcp

a few information
- launched KHL TV HD, now not 100%
- KHL TV has new studio, new employees,
- KHL TV will launch analytics show - something like Hockey Night in Canada?
- KHL TV will test new way of broadcasting via internet - dont understand it
Soooo,what happened with this analytics show? When will it be starting up?

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
LSnow

I am really starting to get frustrated with the incompetence in Finnish cable broadcasting..

They buy each others rights for sports every year, you have no idea who will broadcast what and when.. Viasat made huge investments for KHL, SEL , FEL , NHL hockey channel, and now year later NHL is in lockout, KHL is no longer shown, and they have rights for 1 game per month in FEL.. I can watch more games for free from Veikkaus (State owned betting company ) .. Its truly ridiculous.. And it takes forever that politicians get the law passed that you can buy every channel from every cable operator..

So does anyone have better understanding about the Viasat KHL agreement and why did they stop airing the games? Because that Viasat hockey package was awesome..

LSnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
You can buy monthly access to the live streams on khl website now. As well as highlights, interviews, and other stuff.
http://webcaster.pro/khl or http://www.khl.ru/video/live.php
49 rub - for 1 game.
79 rub - 1 day full access to all live streams of the day.
295 rub - to watch recordings of games for 1 month.
995 rub - full access to everything for 1 month.

32 rub = $1

They do accept visas. Maybe they'll make an eng version.
english version of site?

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote