HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XI

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 10:42 AM
duplo

vCash: 500
Whoops

Gaunce sidelined three to six weeks.

Quote:
Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Tuesday that team captain Brendan Gaunce will be sidelined for the next three to six weeks with a second degree shoulder separation suffered late in the third period in Friday's 3-2 loss to the Sudbury Wolves.

Gaunce, who has played an integral role in the leadership and chemistry of the team early on this season, will undergo treatment and rehabilitation in the coming weeks in the hopes of making a safe and smooth return to the Bulls lineup.

With four goals and five assists through his first eleven games, Gaunce has also played a large role in the early season success of the Bulls penalty kill that ranks first in the OHL with a 91.4% efficiency rate. The club's penalty kill has been so effective, that it is five percentage points ahead of the second placed Saginaw Spirit.

The unfortunate news comes just after Gaunce was named to Team OHL for the upcoming Subway Super Series being held in Guelph and Sarnia on November 8th and 12th.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Jevo

AIK is up fora tough one against HV71 this morning. But Jensen seems to have been bumped up to the 1st line with Esa Pirnes and Broc Little. A really talented line, I'll be looking forward to seeing what that line can do, if I have time to watch the game today.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplo View Post
son of a....

Old
10-23-2012, 12:07 PM
lush
@jasonlush

bummer about Gaunce

Old
10-23-2012, 12:23 PM
synobyte
Canucks Cultist

Jensen scored 6 mins in

Old
10-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
jensen scored his 8th of the year cleaning up the garbage.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Go Jensen, Go!

And crappy news about Gaunce.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Go Jensen, Go!

And crappy news about Gaunce.
Ya, as far as shoulder injuries go though, I think it's pretty minor.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:42 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Jensen is tearing it up. Any of you guys that have been watching him closely think he can make the team if there is only a short training camp?

Now that I think about it I don't remember if he has said whether not he would leave the SEL for a training camp...

Old
10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
Jensen scored 6 mins in
Lovin' it.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Jensen is tearing it up. Any of you guys that have been watching him closely think he can make the team if there is only a short training camp?

Now that I think about it I don't remember if he has said whether not he would leave the SEL for a training camp...
Jensen himself has said nothing. But when he was released from the Canucks and was allowed to play for AIK just before September, there was conflicting reports. AIK reported that he would be playing for the team the whole season, while Jensens agent reported that Jensen would still go to training camp if there was one. The agreement between AIK and the Canucks will determine if Jensen comes to camp. I would imagine that the agreement is that once he's in Sweden, he stays in Sweden the entire season. Remember that Jensens contract is different from other lockout contracts, since it was signed in the summer and probably doesn't have an out-clause in case the lockout ends.

Could he make the team? I think he could, he is good enough offensively, but the question is can he make the top 6, and is he a good fit for Kesler. I don't think he's good enough defensively to be a part of an AV style 3rd line, especially if Schroeder takes that spot, if that happens I would expect AV to play Hansen and Higgins on his wings, two experienced two-way players. I don't think Jensen is a good fit for Kesler, at least not the Kesler we have seen the last two seasons, they are just too similar. You can't have two players that want the puck and their stick and shot a lot. Especially when you don't have playmaker on the line. That is one of the reasons why I don't think the 2nd line worked out last season, we had two north-south players with limited vision on the wings, and one trigger happy center, there was simply no one to pass the puck. And there still wouldn't be, even if you replaced Booth or Raymond with Jensen. Jensen probably could compliment the Sedins well, his hockey IQ and shot are good enough to at least give it a shot. But I doubt he will beat Burrows to the spot.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:07 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Jensen himself has said nothing. But when he was released from the Canucks and was allowed to play for AIK just before September, there was conflicting reports. AIK reported that he would be playing for the team the whole season, while Jensens agent reported that Jensen would still go to training camp if there was one. The agreement between AIK and the Canucks will determine if Jensen comes to camp. I would imagine that the agreement is that once he's in Sweden, he stays in Sweden the entire season. Remember that Jensens contract is different from other lockout contracts, since it was signed in the summer and probably doesn't have an out-clause in case the lockout ends.

Could he make the team? I think he could, he is good enough offensively, but the question is can he make the top 6, and is he a good fit for Kesler. I don't think he's good enough defensively to be a part of an AV style 3rd line, especially if Schroeder takes that spot, if that happens I would expect AV to play Hansen and Higgins on his wings, two experienced two-way players. I don't think Jensen is a good fit for Kesler, at least not the Kesler we have seen the last two seasons, they are just too similar. You can't have two players that want the puck and their stick and shot a lot. Especially when you don't have playmaker on the line. That is one of the reasons why I don't think the 2nd line worked out last season, we had two north-south players with limited vision on the wings, and one trigger happy center, there was simply no one to pass the puck. And there still wouldn't be, even if you replaced Booth or Raymond with Jensen. Jensen probably could compliment the Sedins well, his hockey IQ and shot are good enough to at least give it a shot. But I doubt he will beat Burrows to the spot.
How is Jensen on the forecheck? As that is where Burrows shines with the Sedins.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Jevo

Great going to the net by Jensen on the PP. He gets knocked down, or falls, and gets up just in time to tip it towards goal, sadly no goal. On his goal he also went to the net and scored on a more or less loose puck in front of the net.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
How is Jensen on the forecheck? As that is where Burrows shines with the Sedins.
His forechecking is definitely not on a Burrows level. But I haven't paid much attention to him on the forecheck, so I can't really give a good description on how good he is.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Tiranis

It's pretty amazing that Jensen, 15 games into the season, is still the #2 goal scorer in the league.

Old
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's pretty amazing that Jensen, 15 games into the season, is still the #2 goal scorer in the league.
Incredible, he must be hacking the system or something ..

Old
10-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
His forechecking is definitely not on a Burrows level. But I haven't paid much attention to him on the forecheck, so I can't really give a good description on how good he is.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but forechecking isn't something teams over there do a lot of, is it? The big ice makes it a lot less effective.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Jensen,Perhaps trying to show he can indeed play with Ryan Kesler, just picked up a primary assist.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Hammman

From what I gather from the SEL site, with his two points today Jensen is first in the SEL for rookie scoring.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammman View Post
From what I gather from the SEL site, with his two points today Jensen is first in the SEL for rookie scoring.
They call it Junior but I guess it's more or less the same:
http://stats.swehockey.se/Players/St...orLeaders/2892

Old
10-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Robin Hood

BTW Jensen is awesome! He'll be a star!

Old
10-23-2012, 02:59 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
#53...the future

Jeez, keep it up kid. Didn't expect this at all...he's doing better than both Sedins at the same age, to put it in perspective.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:17 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He also only needs 5 goals in his last 40 or so games to become the 2nd highest goal scoring under 20 player in the last decade (Hornqvist got 23 goals in 06-07).

Other than Hornqvist, the last junior age player to hit that level was a 19 year old Daniel Sedin who put up 15 goals.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Askel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Jeez, keep it up kid. Didn't expect this at all...he's doing better than both Sedins at the same age, to put it in perspective.
Sedins were in NHL at same age as Jensen is now. Daniel scored 19goas/45ptsin 50 gamesthe season after he was drafted Henrik scored 9 goals/47pts in 50 games.

Jensen is doing fine but hes not at a Sedin level, they had 15pts more than thier closest team mate in 99/00.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Askel

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
He also only needs 5 goals in his last 40 or so games to become the 2nd highest goal scoring under 20 player in the last decade (Hornqvist got 23 goals in 06-07).

Other than Hornqvist, the last junior age player to hit that level was a 19 year old Daniel Sedin who put up 15 goals.
Daniel scored 21 goals in 98/99 and 19 in 99/00.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=34004

Closed Thread