HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Oskar Osala

Old
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
urho

vCash: 695
Oskar Osala

Is he still in our system? Just watched Finland's EHT-game and he was a beast! He's a big (6 '4, 227), heavy hitting player that has the ability to score goals too. When I watched him play, I couldn't help but think he's something we'd need in our team...

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Yes he's still in our system. Before he left we qualified him, thereby making him our property. He could certainly be a useful player if his skating has improved at all. Somewhat shocked he has stuck in the KHL on the bigger ice.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
urho

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
He could certainly be a useful player if his skating has improved at all.
He's not fast but didn't look slow either. He played against some good NHLers (Krejci, Plekanec, Frolik, etc...) and didn't look out of place at all.

Here are the highlights of the game. After just 10 seconds into the video, Osala absolutely crushes Frolik. Right after that you can see his goal. In 1:25 he assists Pihström's SH goal after delivering 2 good hits (which aren't included in the video ) in the offensive zone.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:09 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

I was ecstatic when we got this guy for Corvo

I still think he'll be able to find a niche as a bottom 6er in the NHL if ever comes back over. I'd be more comfortable giving one of those slots to him rather than the disappointments in Welsh and Riley Nash, who look like career journeymen AHLers at this point.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
I'd be more comfortable giving one of those slots to him rather than the disappointments in Welsh and Riley Nash, who look like career journeymen AHLers at this point.
I really have seen so little of Welsh, but for those that have, is it fair to categorize him as a career journeyman AHLer after ~25 professional games? Not disputing that statement, I just haven't seen him at all to know so I am curious.

I wasn't overly impressed with him during the small sample I did see so I can understand the sentiment, but it was a very small sample.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
I'd be more comfortable giving one of those slots to him rather than the disappointments in Welsh and Riley Nash, who look like career journeymen AHLers at this point.
So Welsh just turned pro and he's a disappointment and a career journeyman AHLer at this point?

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

I remember a quote from JR at the end of the 2011 (2010?) season that was, paraphrased, "He would be in the NHL right now if he hit people."

Since he seems to have added that part of his game, I am sure he will get an invite to training camp 2012-2013.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote