HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D lines set

Old
01-16-2013, 08:41 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
D lines set

Trotz said Ellis is in over Blum. The lines are officially set per Trotz.

Weber-Josi
Hannan-Klein
Ellis-Gill

He said expect Hannan/Klein to get lots of minutes and be our shutdown line and Klein to get some PP time. Also to expect Weber/Josi to be a PP combo but will mix in Ellis sometimes for Josi to add more offense and limit Josi's minutes some.

These lines were heavily predicted but this puts to rest whether Blum/Bartley will be really competing for a spot this soon.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I would guess that Blum and Ellis may rotate every 3rd/4th game or so for rest.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
MrJoshua

Interesting. You have to think the short training camp and lack of preseason played into this. Very little opportunity for a younger guy to try to win the coach's confidence over the veteran Hannan. I still hope Blum can turn it around and win a full-time job with the team, but it looks unlikely to happen this season now. I wonder who they'll carry as the seventh defenseman? With the condensed schedule surely they'll want to have someone on-hand for injury replacement instead of having to call someone up.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

vCash: 0
the real test of Blum starts now. Does he keep working hard and wait patiently for his chance like Kline did? Or does he sulk and pout? he has to know with the compressed schedule he'll get a some games.... he just needs to be ready..

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Webersmashpuck

I am just glad we have a defenseman who could be fairly good as our 7th. With the shortened training camp I would not be surprised if Blum had the opportunity at close to 40 games this year.

I also see Josi getting sort of a break this year, because he will be on the first pairing I am sure Trotz will have Klein and Hannan against the other teams first lines as much as possible.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I'm fine with this. Even if we struggle this year, the outlook on the blueline is pretty bright for the next few years. I think Blum will eventually come out of his shell leaving us with one all-star defensemen (Weber), 1 very good defenseman (Josi), and 2-3 very solid blueliners (Ellis, Klein, Blum). If Ekholm continues his upward trajectory, that's even better.

Cashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Nothing Is New

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Trotz said Ellis is in over Blum. The lines are officially set per Trotz.

Weber-Josi
Hannan-Klein
Ellis-Gill

He said expect Hannan/Klein to get lots of minutes and be our shutdown line and Klein to get some PP time. Also to expect Weber/Josi to be a PP combo but will mix in Ellis sometimes for Josi to add more offense and limit Josi's minutes some.

These lines were heavily predicted but this puts to rest whether Blum/Bartley will be really competing for a spot this soon.

Seems like Trotz is saying Hannan - Klein will play almost as much as Weber - Josi.

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Is New View Post
Seems like Trotz is saying Hannan - Klein will play almost as much as Weber - Josi.
Sounds like Trotzy thinks high of Hannan. Good stuff, imo.

PP should be top notch this year. *knocks on wood*

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hannan might give Klein that little bit of security he needs to relax.

If Klein ever puts it all together, he'll be awesome, but I've said the same thing about Legwand for how many years now?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:15 PM
jlsg

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blum rotated into many of the spots during the course of the year. Doing 4 games a week, week after week will wear on a guy. Giving everyone a game off now and then will be a huge benefit.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

expected this, and like it. I do want to see Blum tear it up in the A and get a good look this season.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
expected this, and like it. I do want to see Blum tear it up in the A and get a good look this season.
I doubt Blum goes back down. He should be our #7 and actually will probably play up here quite a bit

Old
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I doubt Blum goes back down. He should be our #7 and actually will probably play up here quite a bit
I honestly wouldn't be opposed, while Boruque is injured, to run 7D. McG/Clune aren't going to get much ice time to begin with. Why not dress a 7th D that can contribute on the PP and help with the transition away from one minute-eating pairing. Of course, that needs to go away as soon as Bourque is back.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I honestly wouldn't be opposed, while Boruque is injured, to run 7D. McG/Clune aren't going to get much ice time to begin with. Why not dress a 7th D that can contribute on the PP and help with the transition away from one minute-eating pairing. Of course, that needs to go away as soon as Bourque is back.
problem is then someone in the top 9 double shifts and with the compressed schedule that will wear them out

Old
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Agreed. 5th/6th defensemen will be rotated frequently with so many games in a tight schedule. Blum could still get plenty of playing time as the 7th D.

Quote:
problem is then someone in the top 9 double shifts and with the compressed schedule that will wear them out
More the reason to have a guy like Mueller/Latta available on the roster.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
When McG played last year, someone was picking up his shifts at least half the time. If you rotate the person who doubles on the 4th line throughout a game, I don't think a minute or two of extra ice is going to kill anyone.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:

I just assumed he was in the A i didnt know he was already up. Good, he will get plenty of chances.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

What do you guys project Josi to end up scoring at? Is he physical? I know nothing about him but seems to be a good sleeper pick up.

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:52 PM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
What do you guys project Josi to end up scoring at? Is he physical? I know nothing about him but seems to be a good sleeper pick up.
hes probably going to score more goals than Suter did, and given that he's with Weber and on the 1st PP unit I think he will put up some decent points. Hes more positional than physical, but he's no cupcake(or should I say Fruit Cup).