HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Anchor Town

vCash: 500
Daniel Larsson and AIK beat Jarnkrok's Brynas 5-1

Old
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He is no longer Wings property, at least I am pretty sure he isn't.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index...._wings_35.html

oh ok cool, didn't know that.

Old
10-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Adam Schnepp
Hockey's Future Staff

Dang, I missed the stream. How did Jarnkrok look tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Daniel Larsson and AIK beat Jarnkrok's Brynas 5-1

10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Matt on Greece Lightning:

Quote:
Athanasiou told the London Free Press he requested a trade because “it was time.”

“He wasn’t happy with his ice [time],” London general manager Mark Hunter told the London Free Press after acquiring three high draft picks for Athanasiou. “He’s a talented player with a lot of potential and you’re sorry to see it go that way, but if you have someone who isn’t happy … then you look at trying to give him what he wants and move on.”

Red Wings director of amateur scouting Joe McDonnell said at the draft there was “no question” Athanasiou would play in the NHL “because of his skating.”

“It’s just a matter of what he’s going to be,” McDonnell said. “Is he going to be a checker or is he going to be a top-two line guy?”

Old
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
A nice little interview (in Slovak) with Tomáš Jurčo about the start of his first pro season with the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Quote:
The player is great if you get the opportunity to play with such teammates, who will prefer hockey.
Indeed.

Quote:
"I do not like throwing style, breaking up and the like. Together we put there more reason, recordings, and soon it was better. Although we played with more taste, you know, that's teammate in the corner of nonrandom only. That's not my style, "he told us on the first collaboration of these two exceptional young Slovak prospectuses that.
Slovak players really speak their mind when you interview them in their native language. Using google translate, of course.

Old
10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
WesNichols14

Frk with an assist. -1
Ouellet with nothing and a fight.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:54 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Schnepp View Post
Dang, I missed the stream. How did Jarnkrok look tonight?
So-so. His team didn't look ready to play after coming home from Finland and his line looked equally sluggish. A few looks on the PP and not a whole lot more. The score's misleading though, they weren't outplayed but very ineffective. Larsson had one of his rare great performances these days.

It looks like there's some new SEL streamer around. All three game yesterday were, and looks like all three games today are too.
Stream list here: http://www.lshunter.tv/hockey-live-streaming-video.html. Fingers crossed this is something permanent.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:29 AM
ChadS

Ouellet fight:

Nedomlel fight:

Old
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Not much to that Ouellet fight. The hit looked pretty clean. Nice check by Nedomlel though, he pretty much held his own in that tussle.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
The Yzerman
1983 WJHC

If ever the Red Wings need undrafted gem, they could sign Zach O'Brien from the Acadie Bathurst Titan in the Q. He can rack up the points (101pts in 63 games last year). Saw him play yesterday and although he lacks a little speed, his hockey sense is great.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
If ever the Red Wings need undrafted gem, they could sign Zach O'Brien from the Acadie Bathurst Titan in the Q. He can rack up the points (101pts in 63 games last year). Saw him play yesterday and although he lacks a little speed, his hockey sense is great.
That's a real long shot. At 5'9 he has to score to contribute to the team. He would have to be a top 2 line player and you say he's slow. It would be better to pick up a guy who's 6'2, 200lbs with a quarter of the points.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

It's early still but I'm really hoping one of Frk or Tvrdon can catch fire and have a big year. Athanasiou is having a great season so far, I think him and Backman are probably the biggest risers so far.

Also Nedomlel has the best +/- on his team so far this year, which is good to see.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
It's early still but I'm really hoping one of Frk or Tvrdon can catch fire and have a big year. Athanasiou is having a great season so far, I think him and Backman are probably the biggest risers so far.

Also Nedomlel has the best +/- on his team so far this year, which is good to see.
Agree, from what one poster said after seeing him play is that he plays in critical situations. So the fact he's getting that type of IT and has a good +/- is a very good sign.

Old
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
I hope they (Van Giants) would trade Tvrdon, their team seems to be terrible. Frk needs to play with Drouin, apparently he's chemistry doesn't mash well with MacTankOn.

From biased Wing view.

Old
10-18-2012, 03:39 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Not much to that Ouellet fight. The hit looked pretty clean. Nice check by Nedomlel though, he pretty much held his own in that tussle.
I can see why Ouellet thought it was something he should step in for. It does look like he left his feet if you are looking over from where he is seeing the play from. Love the way he stepped in and part of the reason it wasn't much of a fight is he pretty much floors the kid. He is so much stonger than I think a lot of people realise it is part of the reason even with his size he doesn't lose a whole lot of board battles. He is like a meaner Vlasic, really think the world of this kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I hope they (Van Giants) would trade Tvrdon, their team seems to be terrible. Frk needs to play with Drouin, apparently he's chemistry doesn't mash well with MacTankOn.

From biased Wing view.
I brought this up a little bit ago. Vancouver looks to be going nowhere. I would hope Tvrdon gets moved, of course it could be to another bad team. But quite frankly Saskatoon needs to make some moves, they look like they could be an embarrassing Memorial Cup host if they don't go get some help. I would think that is a potential landing spot for Tvrdon. They aren't a whole lot better than Vancouver really although I would expect more than one move, but we would get him in the Memorial Cup that way. I hope he is moved at some point this season as well and that is just an idea I would throw out there as a potential landing spot.

I think both Frk and MacKinnon need the puck a bit much, agree they don't always seem to be on the same page. Although interesting to see today that Button has put Jones ahead of MacKinnon now in his rankings. Depending on who lands with that number one pick it might not be MacKinnon at all. I know if they did lockout and the Wings hit the unlikely homerun of number 1 pick, I want Seth Jones in that event.

Button's article and list

article: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407559

List: http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

Surprised to see Monahan all the way down at six. But look who is all the way up to #5, the much talked about Lindholm in these parts.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 10-18-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: links
Old
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
ChadS

Bäckman with no points tonight but a +2 and a team high 20:51 icetime. They won 4-0.

Old
10-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Bäckman with no points tonight but a +2 and a team high 20:51 icetime. They won 4-0.
Awesome.

Old
10-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Anchor Town

I can definitely see why Ouellet fought in that instance, he left his teammate out to dry with that pass and felt bad for him so he made amends by fighting the guy who threw the questionable hit

Old
10-18-2012, 10:32 PM
WesNichols14

Andreas Athanasiou had an assist tonight.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Adam Schnepp
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Andreas Athanasiou had an assist tonight.
Wow, he's absolutely on fire right now. Looks like a change of scenery may have been exactly what he needed.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:24 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Wow, he's absolutely on fire right now. Looks like a change of scenery may have been exactly what he needed.
overall yeah he's playing great, tonight though he only had an assist while other 3 players out up 4 or more points, in a runaway win.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Ricky
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
watch 3 games with Big E on webb-tv.he will play 3 games for his hometown team vita hästen(white horse). 17/10 19/10 24/10
information in english at: www.vitahasten.se

Vita Hästen (white horse) was founded 1967 in the eastcoast town of norrkoping.
the assitant trainer for the team is Jonathans father Sven Ericsson.also keep a eye on #10 jesper samuelsson a former Redwing draft.
this whole town is redwing fans.
best regards
Rick, sweden
4-2 win for the white horse.Ericsson did a solid first game, totally without mistakes.
the fans went nuts when he entered the ice..
dont miss the game today at 19.00(about 13.00 Detroit time).
Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagehandlerfghjkl.jpg‎ (31.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg imagehandleräölkjhg.jpg‎ (19.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg imagehandleräää.jpg‎ (24.1 KB, 10 views)

Old
10-19-2012, 02:00 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
On fire is right. He has at least a point in his last nine games. Tied for the longest streak in the OHL right now (tied with Connor McDavid, the FIFTEEN year old, but that's another story)

It's clear that getting out of London has really helped his game.

Old
10-19-2012, 02:58 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Not a lot of PP's for his team but he played a good full minute on the second unit at one occasion.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:14 AM
FissionFire

Nedomlel is showing promise, but to all those saying he is a lock or near lock for a contract......well let me just drag up two similar names from the past who were seemingly locks for contracts in the minds of the HF fanboys as well:

Jeff May and Bretton Stammler

Remember the hype over their increased offensive numbers which made them "locks" to get signed since they were also big bodies? I rarely agree with CB, but I have to echo his sentiment that Nedomlel is on the outside looking in at getting a contract at this point. He's got a LOT of work to do to get into the conversation really. Just too much D depth in the system now to hand out contracts to everyone with a pulse on the blueline anymore.

Closed Thread