Notices

ReBuild FUN!

Old
09-04-2012, 01:03 AM
bWo

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No even with his contract that is a good trade for Washington and I would be disappointed that is all we can get.
also we have $10 million and still need to sign carlson. also put that offer on the trade forum.

bWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 06:01 AM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
Since Iginla is a rental, I could see us getting Forsberg and a 2nd/3rd tops. No one is going to overpay for a 35 year old rental, even if he is an All-Star.

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:35 AM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Iginla for Forsberg and 1st

Baertschi Teravainen Forsberg
Setoguchi Backlund Gaudreau
Bennett Denauld Nino
Martin Reinhart Bouma

Gormley Morrow
Leddy Brodie
De haan Ramage

Irving
Brossoit
Teravainen shouldn't be a #1 centre on the Heat let alone the Flames. The guy is a project and a long shot to ever be a top line centre.
Brossoit over Ramo, Ortio, Karlsson this year... -.-

Giordano for Gormley (to a lesser extent than the other 2)
Tanguay and Cammy for Morrow and Bennett
Hudler and Cervenka for Setoguchi

are awful for the Flames

Bouwmeester and Kipper for Teravainen, Denault and Leddy
Stempniak, Smith, Glencross and Butler for De Haan and Nino
Comeau, Jones and Babchuk for Matt Martin
Sarich for Frk

make no sense for the teams we're dealing with

The Iginla trade the caps would need to get an extention done before hand before they do it. And Iginla needs to waive before we do.

I don't understand buying out Stajan after trading away $20M in salary...

This team couldn't win 30 games if Irving stood on his head there is no chance we would retain more than 2/3rds of these guys so we'd be relying on using 4 straight top 3 picks to fill holes. 6 years for playoffs we'll be a joke of an organization longer than the Oilers.

To me this looks like an EA Be a GM team where you play enough games to keep your job and after 4 years you can relax...

with that I guess I'll put up a couple proposals though so others can trash them

Calgary: G. Nemisz
Toronto: J Blacker

Puts a skilled d-man into our prospect pool while Toronto gets a local 1st round pick to step into their bottom 6. We're pretty stacked with 2-3 wingers (which Nemo can hopefully grow into) while Toronto is full of young defense men.

I'd kick the tires in philly to see what price they are willing to pay for Bouwmeester or Giordano but I'm not sure they are ready yet to give up one of their younger players to fill a 25+ minute hole on their blueline; but it would be difficult to do without getting one of their young NHL centres or Scott Laughton +++

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:04 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Teravainen shouldn't be a #1 centre on the Heat let alone the Flames. The guy is a project and a long shot to ever be a top line centre.
Brossoit over Ramo, Ortio, Karlsson this year... -.-

Giordano for Gormley (to a lesser extent than the other 2)
Tanguay and Cammy for Morrow and Bennett
Hudler and Cervenka for Setoguchi

are awful for the Flames

Bouwmeester and Kipper for Teravainen, Denault and Leddy
Stempniak, Smith, Glencross and Butler for De Haan and Nino
Comeau, Jones and Babchuk for Matt Martin
Sarich for Frk

make no sense for the teams we're dealing with

The Iginla trade the caps would need to get an extention done before hand before they do it. And Iginla needs to waive before we do.

I don't understand buying out Stajan after trading away $20M in salary...

This team couldn't win 30 games if Irving stood on his head there is no chance we would retain more than 2/3rds of these guys so we'd be relying on using 4 straight top 3 picks to fill holes. 6 years for playoffs we'll be a joke of an organization longer than the Oilers.

To me this looks like an EA Be a GM team where you play enough games to keep your job and after 4 years you can relax...

with that I guess I'll put up a couple proposals though so others can trash them

Calgary: G. Nemisz
Toronto: J Blacker

Puts a skilled d-man into our prospect pool while Toronto gets a local 1st round pick to step into their bottom 6. We're pretty stacked with 2-3 wingers (which Nemo can hopefully grow into) while Toronto is full of young defense men.

I'd kick the tires in philly to see what price they are willing to pay for Bouwmeester or Giordano but I'm not sure they are ready yet to give up one of their younger players to fill a 25+ minute hole on their blueline; but it would be difficult to do without getting one of their young NHL centres or Scott Laughton +++
Bolded makes sense.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote