Notices

General OT Thread #21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Well then, now we've both got problems with our hands.

Old
09-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i noticed there are a lot of barbers around. this is just rumor, but the one on the corner of cleveland and randolph is frequented by low profile or retired mobsters. But it's a great, friendly neighborhood. I looked at the Tommies as more of an amusement than an irritation...plus i knew a few of them. The highland pool is pretty close by you too for summertime fun with the kid. golf course and driving range too if you just want to wake up and smack a few balls around.
I've heard that rumor about Mancini's too. St Paul was pretty mob heavy in the 20's. Doubt there's much organized crime going on anymore outside of the politicians

I am going to hit up Highland golf course today! Well, the driving range. I picked up a couple Harvey Penick books and got some ideas to rattle around. Maybe I can hit up the exec this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Yep, conspiracy.

Thanks, I just spit/laughed on my computer.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 400
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post54097705 (Long read)

That's all. Still shocked about what happened last night. RIP to the victim.

Nobody expected that. Nobody.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What's creepier in this picture?

Both having the same number of posts or both posting their 5,504th post at the same time?

And there's even more.

Both number 5,405 posts posted at 05:05. WILDhockeyfan got 500 vCash and Victorious got 400. Hmmm... only numbers 0, 4 and 5. What does that mean..? talk about numerology...

Both have joined HFboards July 2011....

Finally posts are #166 and #167 in that thread. 166+167= 333 that's excactly half the number of the beast.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:49 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post54097705 (Long read)

That's all. Still shocked about what happened last night. RIP to the victim.

Nobody expected that. Nobody.
omg. That is terrible and so unnecessary.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just had four interviews with seven people. I'll know the verdict by Friday.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Just had four interviews with seven people. I'll know the verdict by Friday.
Makes me think of Office Space for some reason.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Okay why didn't anyone tell me about what ladies wear while golfing??? Tiny shorts with barely anything underneath? Yes I will practice pitching for an hour.

Reading through Penick's Little Red Book, he suggested that those of us with slices take a strong grip with the "V" of the top hand facing the opposite shoulder. Well that pretty much did it. That not only helped the slice but it also helped fix the inconsistency of my divots. My arm length is consistent, the wrist break is more consistent, and I'm squaring the club face.

Interesting that he said most people suffer from slices because they would emulate Hogan's grip, which he used to correct his natural hook.

I also narrowed my feet which helped with my hip turn, which helped the slicing and power.

And I changed my ball position to be centered with the wedge up to in line with the front foot.

I also didn't know the difference between chipping and pitching. I found that anywhere around the green I was much better with my 9 iron than my wedge, which had too much loft and way too much backspin. So I'm going to put the P back in the bag and work on that next time.

Also I found for some strange reason if I open up my putter and slice across the ball while aiming off from the hole (basically purposefully spinning it) my putts were much, much better. That doesn't seem right...

Old
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
MNman

Don't know if anyone on here can help, but I'm going to ask anyways.

We are trying to get by just using antenna for TV right now. So I'm looking for a device that can do these things:

1. record TV shows and play them back on the TV
2. Record at least two shows at once (this one is not critical, but would like to have if possible)
3. Is able to be connected to the home network (preferably wirelessly) so that I can get things like Netflix and NHL Game Center through it.
4. Plugs in through HDMI

The best option out there is probably TiVo.....but I don't wanna pay the monthly charge. Anyone know of a different option for meeting those criteria I listed?

Old
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i haven't looked into doing it for a couple years but homemade dvr would be your only option. just build a cheap media pc with a big hard drive.

edit: there should be a ******** of youtube tutorials

Old
09-05-2012, 09:03 PM
MNman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i haven't looked into doing it for a couple years but homemade dvr would be your only option. just build a cheap media pc with a big hard drive.

edit: there should be a ******** of youtube tutorials
Yeah, I just found an article that goes through the basics of building your own PVR using a computer.

It's a possibility, just have to make sure the software needed doesn't get out of control....can most of these recordings play over Windows Media Player?

Old
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNman View Post
Yeah, I just found an article that goes through the basics of building your own PVR using a computer.

It's a possibility, just have to make sure the software needed doesn't get out of control....can most of these recordings play over Windows Media Player?
never went through with it, man. I would imagine with the right software you can convert just about anything but probably most will be compatible with windows products right out of the box. not sure about quality of one tuner card vs another but a lot of them come with DVR software.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Okay why didn't anyone tell me about what ladies wear while golfing??? Tiny shorts with barely anything underneath? Yes I will practice pitching for an hour.
Was at a local golf course a couple months ago using their driving range. I was hitting my last couple balls when the women's college golf team arrives to practice their drives. Their uniforms included tiny white skirts. Needless to say, I bought another bucket.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Sigh.

Burned too many bridges again, and now I lost loads of money on booze and stuff. Lost my keys as well. Slept last night on the floor because of that.

And I probably said things I shouldn't have said. A lot of them.

Old
09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You're in college, right? I did that a lot. I think somewhere in the mid to late 20's you hit an age where you and your friends all mellow out some.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Sigh.

Burned too many bridges again, and now I lost loads of money on booze and stuff. Lost my keys as well. Slept last night on the floor because of that.

And I probably said things I shouldn't have said. A lot of them.
Welcome to the real world

Old
09-06-2012, 10:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I just had the worst day of the year....

I hate my ****ing life...

So tired of all this politics ********...

Old
09-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 400
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Wait, your worst day of the year actually happened tonight?

Old
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Dammit... yesterday at work I had a coughing fit that ended up pressurizing my right ear. Time and time again I've tried to "pop" it and it's been completely unsuccessful. Today on the way to work, I came close a few times to getting it popped... but ultimately still failed.

Still here now a full day later and my right ear feels clogged up and I can't get the damn thing to pop! So fricking annoying!

Old
09-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Dammit... yesterday at work I had a coughing fit that ended up pressurizing my right ear. Time and time again I've tried to "pop" it and it's been completely unsuccessful. Today on the way to work, I came close a few times to getting it popped... but ultimately still failed.

Still here now a full day later and my right ear feels clogged up and I can't get the damn thing to pop! So fricking annoying!
That happened to me once. Is there any pain? If so I would go see a doctor, it might not be just pressure. If it's just pressure... you'll get used to it, and then eventually it will pop on its own.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:06 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

No pain... just pressure. Like I said... came close to getting it to pop today, but no cigar.

When I mean close... I mean I had the pressure so close to release that my hearing out of the ear was close to normal again, but it just wouldn't get that last bit before the effort just came crashing back to the same pressure feeling before the attempt to pop it.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Wait, your worst day of the year actually happened tonight?
It was just a day where everything went wrong...

I'm gunna go sleep, my sleep meds are kicking in, I'll explain tomorrow.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
No pain... just pressure. Like I said... came close to getting it to pop today, but no cigar.
Well don't try to force it. If you've been trying for days the only thing you could possibly do at this point is pressurize it more, and that would probably be painful. My advice is to get used to it, and if you sleep on your side, try sleeping on the side opposite the side thats pressured. You may wake up and find that it popped overnight.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:13 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Well don't try to force it. If you've been trying for days the only thing you could possibly do at this point is pressurize it more, and that would probably be painful. My advice is to get used to it, and if you sleep on your side, try sleeping on the side opposite the side thats pressured. You may wake up and find that it popped overnight.
One day... not several... lol.

Someone here at work just suggested some ear drops I can get at Walgreens... will have to stop by on the way home and give that a try.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!

Quote:

A suggestion for clearing the ears.

Closed Thread