General OT Thread #21: Buying Out Drinks Like We're Mark Parrish

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
This is normally where I would argue that we should lower the drinking age so kids can learn to enjoy responsibly before they start drinking for fun, but with stories of stupidity like that, it's just got me dumbfounded how stupid kids are these days.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Did you give her a phenomenal tip?
It was his treat but he gave her a 45% tip.

Old
09-24-2012, 11:38 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Yup. Why can't we go back to the good old days when autoerotic asphyxiation was the only thing we needed to worry about with America's youth?

Jesus Christ, I laughed so hard at that.

Old
09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Stories like that make me think just how prophetic Idiocracy was and will be.

Old
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Stories like that make me think just how prophetic Idiocracy was and will be.
Pretty much. Seems like anyone with an ounce of brains in this day and age is avoiding having kids like the plague.

Old
09-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404

Old
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
I know a popular method is to soak tampons in vodka. Then stuff it up your ass. Bypasses the liver and ****s you up hard. It is actually becoming a problem for high schoolers. Tons of kids getting alcohol poisoning from "butt chugging"

Old
09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Hey I got a promotion today, virtual drinks on me!

Old
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Congrats!

Old
09-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Congratulations.

I found 2,35€ worth of empty bottles from the house. Bought some cookies and noodles.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:53 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Congratulations.

I found 2,35€ worth of empty bottles from the house. Bought some cookies and noodles.
Silly Puhis, you could have bought a plane ticket to Duluth for that.

Old
09-25-2012, 06:15 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i gotta read Cloud Atlas.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:53 PM
FUBAR McDangles

I don't understand how this stuff isn't getting more play right now. I had to go through half a dozen pages to find anything about it on CNN, and I couldn't find it anywhere on Fox News, MSNBC, or ABCNews.

The citizens of Spain are protesting against the federal government.

Link

Website the protesters are using

CNN Article

Seriously, American news sites? Top news stories are the Monday Night Football game and some silly tax reports? And NOTHING about this? How does that make any sense?

IBTimes news article on it

I am just...wow. Way to cover the news, guys.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

Control the media; control the people.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
So, it was about 2:40 pm today and work was over, but since it was a long day some of us were still around. I'm putting some pallets of seed on a forklift into the pull barn where the original point of red is, which is at the top of the diagram, furthest away from the green line, as my travels was the red line. I heard a loud noise and I looked behind me, saw a glimpse of something, didn't know what it was. People started talking a little louder and then I knew it was true. I started running and told my co-worker to call 911. I run across two fairways and to the side of the river and confirm what I saw. What I saw out of the corner of my eye was the wheel of a truck following the truck as it went from going southbound, crossed traffic, went about 25 feet down into the ditch and cart path went 20 yards and then flew about 60 feet to the other side of the river. The front end of the truck was on the bank and the bed was in the water. People playing golf were just standing around, a few of them even kept putting. Anyways, I go to the embankment, shimmy down about 12 feet to a rock ledge, then I jumped another 7 into the water. Swam the distance across and proceeded to assess the situation (While doing so 2 carts of 2 ladies each kept driving and were waving at me until I started yelling at them to stop and help, ).

The guy was shaking like a Parkinson's patient on a washing machine. He was bleeding on his left arm. Had glass on him. All in all, wasn't in that bad of shape for the trip he just took. Honestly, I fully expected him to be dead. I yelled at the aforementioned ladies long enough to get them to throw down a towel to me, I held his arm at the pressure point to try and get him to stop bleeding. (boss told me not to touch him for liability purposes, but I'm not going to stand by and let the guy die). It wasn't a gushing bleed, but it was about a 7/10 on the bleeding scale. Talked to him trying to keep him calm and see what happened. Said he was passing a slow car. Guys on the freeway that stopped said they passed him and he was going about 30 (45 mph zone) and then he passed them going about 90, I'll backwards exaggerate it down to 70 for them, maybe even 60 since they were doing just that, exaggerating. Emergency personal actually got there REALLY fast. It was only a 4-5 minute wait. I was surprised. Told (medics) them the situation, how hes acting and where he is hurt. I climb back up to the shore and then walk back to my original point to dry off and go home. Cops are taking down the statements from golfers and I'm sitting there wondering, there was 20-25 people watch me help the guy down there. None of them bothered to help. And the cops are taking statements from people that heard what happened? Wtf.

Green: Car Red: Me

Afterwards, I had a spiritual drum session for 3 hours.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
So, it was about 2:40 pm today and work was over, but since it was a long day some of us were still around. I'm putting some pallets of seed on a forklift into the pull barn where the original point of red is, which is at the top of the diagram, furthest away from the green line, as my travels was the red line. I heard a loud noise and I looked behind me, saw a glimpse of something, didn't know what it was. People started talking a little louder and then I knew it was true. I started running and told my co-worker to call 911. I run across two fairways and to the side of the river and confirm what I saw. What I saw out of the corner of my eye was the wheel of a truck following the truck as it went from going southbound, crossed traffic, went about 25 feet down into the ditch and cart path went 20 yards and then flew about 60 feet to the other side of the river. The front end of the truck was on the bank and the bed was in the water. People playing golf were just standing around, a few of them even kept putting. Anyways, I go to the embankment, shimmy down about 12 feet to a rock ledge, then I jumped another 7 into the water. Swam the distance across and proceeded to assess the situation (While doing so 2 carts of 2 ladies each kept driving and were waving at me until I started yelling at them to stop and help, ).

The guy was shaking like a Parkinson's patient on a washing machine. He was bleeding on his left arm. Had glass on him. All in all, wasn't in that bad of shape for the trip he just took. Honestly, I fully expected him to be dead. I yelled at the aforementioned ladies long enough to get them to throw down a towel to me, I held his arm at the pressure point to try and get him to stop bleeding. (boss told me not to touch him for liability purposes, but I'm not going to stand by and let the guy die). It wasn't a gushing bleed, but it was about a 7/10 on the bleeding scale. Talked to him trying to keep him calm and see what happened. Said he was passing a slow car. Guys on the freeway that stopped said they passed him and he was going about 30 (45 mph zone) and then he passed them going about 90, I'll backwards exaggerate it down to 70 for them, maybe even 60 since they were doing just that, exaggerating. Emergency personal actually got there REALLY fast. It was only a 4-5 minute wait. I was surprised. Told (medics) them the situation, how hes acting and where he is hurt. I climb back up to the shore and then walk back to my original point to dry off and go home. Cops are taking down the statements from golfers and I'm sitting there wondering, there was 20-25 people watch me help the guy down there. None of them bothered to help. And the cops are taking statements from people that heard what happened? Wtf.

Congratulations dude, you might have just saved his life.

And people are usually either too shocked to help or they just assume someone else will do it. I've seen cases like this where people stand there in a group and they just expect someone else to go. Sitting there thinking "Wow, you people should go help that person." That's fine and all with one person, but a lot of people think that way. It's sad.

As for my day, I got moved to another part of the office to a new desk for the week. My company is flying people in from all over the country and we're having some big advertisement party thing, and my desk is pretty much in the middle of where they want the thing to be, so I got kicked out until Monday. Not terrible, I guess, but now instead of being on the fringe/outside of everyone who takes calls, I'm right in the middle and I'll just hear people on phones talking all day. Oh well, I can't complain, I guess.

And I got the immense pleasure of talking(listening) to my girlfriend cry for ~30 minutes today. She got to see her siblings for the first time in almost two months and cried on the phone to me afterwards, saying she'll never see them again(long story, but it is a possibility, which sucks) and anything I said just pissed her off. I tried to tell her "Oh I'm sure you'll see them again", but I really don't know and she doesn't either and she would scream at me not to say that. Not sure what else to do in that situation.

Old
09-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Victorious FTW.

LOL @ liability purposes. "Better to just let him bleed out. Don't wanna get sued."

Old
09-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I always stop if I see a car by the side of the road with it's emergency lights on. Same if I see a traffic accident or an unbalanced fight. Never (voluntarily) saved a life before though. Congratulations, dude.

Old
09-25-2012, 09:53 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post

That was very heroic of you, man. Wow. A shame the rich yuppies (yes, I'm generalizing) playing golf didn't do more to help.

Did any of your drum session sound like this?

Old
09-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Congratulations dude, you might have just saved his life.

And people are usually either too shocked to help or they just assume someone else will do it. I've seen cases like this where people stand there in a group and they just expect someone else to go. Sitting there thinking "Wow, you people should go help that person." That's fine and all with one person, but a lot of people think that way. It's sad.

As for my day, I got moved to another part of the office to a new desk for the week. My company is flying people in from all over the country and we're having some big advertisement party thing, and my desk is pretty much in the middle of where they want the thing to be, so I got kicked out until Monday. Not terrible, I guess, but now instead of being on the fringe/outside of everyone who takes calls, I'm right in the middle and I'll just hear people on phones talking all day. Oh well, I can't complain, I guess.

And I got the immense pleasure of talking(listening) to my girlfriend cry for ~30 minutes today. She got to see her siblings for the first time in almost two months and cried on the phone to me afterwards, saying she'll never see them again(long story, but it is a possibility, which sucks) and anything I said just pissed her off. I tried to tell her "Oh I'm sure you'll see them again", but I really don't know and she doesn't either and she would scream at me not to say that. Not sure what else to do in that situation.
Honestly, I never thought I'd see my sibling again. I never claimed her. I never wanted to see her. I still don't care that much for her. She did so much wrong. I don't think I saw her for 4 years. Things change. Mostly because I have a niece, and since that niece is basically the only thing I have related to me, I tolerate her.

Walmart had a stock holders party for the 50th anniversary this summer. They had Aerosmith play at the football stadium. Free for stockholders. It was busy. We're having a 'thanks for working and keeping the golf courses in good enough shape to even have an article written by Golf Digest but you guys still get paid minimum wage' lunch later this week. Thrown by the old people. Yea, I live in a retirement community. No joke. Its nicknamed God's waiting room.

Quote:
Victorious FTW.

LOL @ liability purposes. "Better to just let him bleed out. Don't wanna get sued."
I told him F that, I'm helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
I always stop if I see a car by the side of the road with it's emergency lights on. Same if I see a traffic accident or an unbalanced fight. Never (voluntarily) saved a life before though. Congratulations, dude.
If I stopped for every car with emergency lights on down here I don't think I'd find time to do anything. I see AT LEAST 5-7 driving the 30 miles to school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
That was very heroic of you, man. Wow. A shame the rich yuppies (yes, I'm generalizing) playing golf didn't do more to help.

Did any of your drum session sound like this?

I wish I sounded like that, but no.

And yes, they were rich yuppies. Headquarters of the largest company in the world is in the town (Other than oil monopolies). We also have the home of Tyson chicken and J.B. Hunt. Combine that with Walmart and you have some rich folk down here.

I'm just glad I didn't get bit by anything when I was in the water. We have water moccasins and copperheads. I've only see a couple copperheads when I weed eat ponds, but they are around. I would have pissed my pants, I hate snakes soooo much. With a passion. Seen a few brown recluses and black widows, too. Those don't scare me as much, but they should. By the way, if you golf in a really hot place, don't put your hands in the cups to get your ball. Those spiders do live in there. Often.

I'll get a picture of the truck tomorrow so you guys can see it.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Tonight's episode of Sons of Anarchy:

Crazy. Won't spoil for those who haven't seen. Can't wait for next week.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

Does it involve motorcycles and anarchy?

Old
09-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Dee Oh Cee

And Sons.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Does it involve motorcycles and anarchy?
And sons.

Also, just read tyra's comment about the media not covering Spain's protests. Minnesota is right. Not in their best interest to do so. Still, pretty admirable that people of other countries can get motivated to get out of their cocoons of comfort and do something when they're p*ssed off.

"But the iPhone 5 is coming out this week.. I will protest next Thursday. Meet at Starbucks?"

Old
09-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

I ****in' love Starbucks.

Closed Thread