HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

2012-2013 Heavyweights of the NHL list

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
  #26
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Andy Sutton
Hell no.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
  #27
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Thornton isn't a heavyweight but he fights anyone. Hordichuk isn't a heavyweight, I'd say Eager is a lot tougher and Eager is like 230lbs.
Thornton and Hordichuk are both heavyweights. Eager is just fat, and a worse fighter than both of them obviously [especially Thornton].

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:27 PM
  #28
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Here's a simple heavyweight definition here, others may have different views:

Fights relatively often, at least for however many games they play.
Fighting can't be rare and must almost always be against other heavyweights or coming to the aid of a teammate.
Must be at least 200 pounds [like boxing], and let's say 6'0, and if you're that small must fight above your size. Most guys on this list are 6'4 220+.
History of fighting in juniors and/or minors.
Just because they're 6'6 250 doesn't mean they're a heavyweight, especially if they generally fight smaller guys or hardly fight at all.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  #29
ninetynine*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Behind you...
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
Cam Janssen is probably the smallest heavyweight out there by my definition [which is also the popular one on hockeyfights.com

Which reminds me, I left out Biznasty.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM
  #30
Bruise Bros 2426
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Eager is in no way a heavyweight. He's a horrible fighter and picks his spots. Just because he's fat and fights on occasion doesn't mean he's a heavyweight.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
  #31
kento19
@kento19
 
kento19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,592
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post





Bruins fan I see.
I fail to see your point. As somebody who doesn't like boston, or lucic for that matter, are you trying to say he isn't a heavyweight because he slightly lost a fight against a goon who isn't good enough to play for any team in the league other than Toronto?

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
  #32
BruinsNeedaRussian
Registered User
 
BruinsNeedaRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,810
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post





Bruins fan I see.






Guess Orr isn't either. He has taken a lot more beating than Lucic.

Don't consider Lucic a heavy, but stupid for one fight to mean everything. Especially fighting one of the best heavys at the time. Leaf fans need to let this go, he broke his nose. Started off the fight fine. Get over it, Orr is a goon.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
  #33
BklyNBruiN
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
I fail to see your point. As somebody who doesn't like boston, or lucic for that matter, are you trying to say he isn't a heavyweight because he slightly lost a fight against a goon who isn't good enough to play for any team in the league other than Toronto?
Very well said. He didn't lose that fight by much.

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
  #34
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
Very well said. He didn't lose that fight by much.
Oh common now he hid behind the refs

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
  #35
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
It was brought up because Lucic shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion. Yes Lucic did lose the fight that bad and perhaps Orr has lost more but he's also destroyed actual heavyweights and actually broke a guys face once. Whether or not Orr is a goon is irrelevant... This is a thread for the top heavyweights, what exactly were you expecting to see?

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:24 AM
  #36
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Oh common now he hid behind the refs
yea he lost the fight and after he broke his nose he wanted it to end. he also was doing very well in the fight up to that point and has fought other notable tough guys in the league. orr isn't the be all end all of tough guys by the way, he can't even play on one of the worst teams in the league. just because you lose a fight to him doesn't mean you can't be considered a heavyweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
It was brought up because Lucic shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion. Yes Lucic did lose the fight that bad and perhaps Orr has lost more but he's also destroyed actual heavyweights and actually broke a guys face once. Whether or not Orr is a goon is irrelevant... This is a thread for the top heavyweights, what exactly were you expecting to see?
certainly not ****ing barch, definitely wasn't expecting to see that.

either way though if you think Lucic "shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion" then you have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about and it is you who shouldn't be anywhere near this discussion

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:49 AM
  #37
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
The hatred on looch is always funny to me. The kids a legit heavy hes under 25 and hes one of the most feared players in the league. Hes a heavyweight and yes hes lost a few fights. It happens. He didn't go with laraque 3 or 4 years ago.. so what there has been many young tough fighters who didn't go with other more experienced fighters. Hes easily top 10 in heavyweights in the league. And this from a guy who can get you 25-30 goals and 60-65 points.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:52 AM
  #38
pigpen65
Registered User
 
pigpen65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Boston fans talk out of both sides of their mouths. One thread down Lucic won't fight Scott because Scott can't play hockey and is just a goon. This thread Lucic fought Carkner and is definitely a heavy. Which one is it? If he's a heavy he'll fight Scott.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
  #39
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Boston fans talk out of both sides of their mouths. One thread down Lucic won't fight Scott because Scott can't play hockey and is just a goon. This thread Lucic fought Carkner and is definitely a heavy. Which one is it? If he's a heavy he'll fight Scott.
You do know scott isn't the end all be all of heavyweights right? looch is a heavyweight. He doesn't have to fight scott to prove it. A lot of guys who could be considered heavyweights haven't fought scott. **** even scott didn't go with thornton when thornton asked to go. It happens doesn't mean scott isn't a **** kicker. Most heavies or guys who fight in this league are spot pickers. Its just how it is for the most part.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM
  #40
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
Boston fans talk out of both sides of their mouths. One thread down Lucic won't fight Scott because Scott can't play hockey and is just a goon. This thread Lucic fought Carkner and is definitely a heavy. Which one is it? If he's a heavy he'll fight Scott.
well for ****s sake he was voted the toughest player in the league in an NHL player poll. so the best hockey players in the world who play against the guy and say he's the toughest but a bunch of guys on hfboards who probably haven't played since they were 12 say he shouldn't even be in the conversation...give me a break. bunch of haters on here

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.