HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michigan Sports Talk Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 01:35 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
LaRon Landry or Glover Quin and the Lions are solid.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Please please get Quin

Old
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I'm not sure what to think about this Reggie Bush signing. Lions fans gave me the impression that Joique Bell was pretty darn good. So was this necessary?

Old
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

Lions signed Quin! Oh man, this is the most complete this team has been since I can remember.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Syckle78

It really wasn't. It's more of a luxury move than a need move. Running backs were fine with Bell and leshoure. It's a splash move that will help, but the team had more pressing needs. Would rather they devoted the Capspace to oline /secondary /wide receiver/line backer.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
cjm502
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I'm not sure what to think about this Reggie Bush signing. Lions fans gave me the impression that Joique Bell was pretty darn good. So was this necessary?
Bell had his moments where he was okay, I think he was more looked at as a success because expectations for him were so low and he managed to do alright. Really, Bell is still nowhere close to Bush's level, and Bush will take a lot more pressure off of Stafford and Megatron.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Suddenly the Lions start to look a little more scary...

Old
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
It really wasn't. It's more of a luxury move than a need move. Running backs were fine with Bell and leshoure. It's a splash move that will help, but the team had more pressing needs. Would rather they devoted the Capspace to oline /secondary /wide receiver/line backer.
Disagree. The loins rbs were alright last year but they ran against the least men in the box in the entire NFL. With Best as good as done, Bush gives them a threat that can go 90 yards on any play. He had more 20+ yard runs then the entire lions team combined last year and he was on a garbage team.

Bush can catch the ball and will stop teams from being able to double Calvin all the time. If theyre dropping safeties 25 yards deep and bush gets the ball in that open field the offense will be come much better. There is no one worth paying on the O line in free agency, Bush was pretty cheap and they did address their secondary. An explosive threat in the back field to take pressure off the receivers was definitely needed for the offense the lions run

Apparently they may still get Delmas back too. And youve gotta remember, all those needs you talked about they still have the 5th overall pick

Old
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

4years 16million is great value for Bush

Btw, is Best done/finished?

Old
03-13-2013, 03:24 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
4years 16million is great value for Bush

Btw, is Best done/finished?
He has to be. For his own sake, he has to be.

Bush definitely adds the quick strike element that Detroit's RBs lacked since the loss of Best.

BTW, Detroit signed Quin as well. They got their two main targets. Need a good draft now that can get at least one immediate impact player.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Syckle78

Yea Best is done.

Yea, Newfy. I know it's going to help, there's no question about that. He brings what Best brought. Plus when I wrote that I didn't know about the Quin signing.

Still though they need to address the secondary beyond Quin and Houston. They need one more safety and another legit corner. They also gotta replace Durant at outside lb. A linebacker that can cover would take a bunch of pressure off the secondary on short passing plays.

Lets nor forget the losses on dline. April, kvb, hill are gone we need to address the DE spots if we don't get pressure from them our defensive backfield is going to get chewed up every week.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Syckle78

Btw I think the Delmas thing was an error. Sounds like he is going to the rams. That's fine though, guy can't stay on the field so whatever.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Th3 HoMeR 96

Reggie Bush signs with lions!!!!!

I know off topic but that's a great thing for us Detroit fans!

Old
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
TatarTangle

It'll be so nice to watch an actual running game. The Lions' offense has a chance to be as good as what would be the Detroit Tigers' offense.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Signing Bush does nothing. Might get some extra merchandise money, but that's about it.

The Lions will continue to be a massive joke until Martin Mayhew is fired and the Fords sell the team.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Adam Schefter said they made the biggest splash today. Hopefully this is the year, if it is, we're doing it with offense.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:49 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Signing Bush does nothing. Might get some extra merchandise money, but that's about it.

The Lions will continue to be a massive joke until Martin Mayhew is fired and the Fords sell the team.
I don't like him either. He's a terrible drafter. That being said he's done a nice job this off-season (so far) and Bush will help this team a lot IMO.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:01 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Yea Best is done.

Yea, Newfy. I know it's going to help, there's no question about that. He brings what Best brought. Plus when I wrote that I didn't know about the Quin signing.

Still though they need to address the secondary beyond Quin and Houston. They need one more safety and another legit corner. They also gotta replace Durant at outside lb. A linebacker that can cover would take a bunch of pressure off the secondary on short passing plays.

Lets nor forget the losses on dline. April, kvb, hill are gone we need to address the DE spots if we don't get pressure from them our defensive backfield is going to get chewed up every week.
I kinda figured you didnt know about Quin at the time after I hit reply. They could definitely use another safety but this draft is an awesome one for safetises and a starting calibre guy will be there at their pick in round 2.

I wouldnt actually mind seeing them draft Jarvis Jones out of Georgia this year. Hes an awesome outside linebacker but he also brings high end pass rush ability. It would help kill 2 birds with one stone if they cant get a DE and outside linebacker. I think theyre fine at corner with Bentley behind Houston but they should draft another safety or bring back Delmas if possible.

I just disagree with people thinking Bush is just a luxury signing, hes a guy tailor made for the Lions offense and an improvement over Best

Old
03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Reality Check

Best is done in Detroit, if not the NFL. If this were five years ago, they probably would let him play. But not now.

Delmas is close to being done unless he can prove he can stay healthy. Liked him but Detroit had to move on and they did. Adding Quin helps a lot..mainly because he can stay on the field.

I'm on the fence with Bush. But his contract his really good, we need RB help and he fits this team. Bell is a good depth player but that's about it.

Bringing back Houston is a key. He isn't a #1 CB but is easily the best guy we have and is a solid #2. Seeing as Milliner will probaby be gone by #5, it was a no brainer. They could still possibly trade up or hope he falls, but they're still high on Bentley after he missed most of last year.

This could mean they'll go DE, OL or trade down. I'm leaning towards trading down myself.

It's going to be a year-to-year thing with potential cap hell. Not because of anything Mayhew has done though. That revolves around the old rookie scale. Which means if this team has multiple key injuries, we're ****ed.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Best is done in Detroit, if not the NFL. If this were five years ago, they probably would let him play. But not now.

Delmas is close to being done unless he can prove he can stay healthy. Liked him but Detroit had to move on and they did. Adding Quin helps a lot..mainly because he can stay on the field.

I'm on the fence with Bush. But his contract his really good, we need RB help and he fits this team. Bell is a good depth player but that's about it.

Bringing back Houston is a key. He isn't a #1 CB but is easily the best guy we have and is a solid #2. Seeing as Milliner will probaby be gone by #5, it was a no brainer. They could still possibly trade up or hope he falls, but they're still high on Bentley after he missed most of last year.

This could mean they'll go DE, OL or trade down. I'm leaning towards trading down myself.

It's going to be a year-to-year thing with potential cap hell. Not because of anything Mayhew has done though. That revolves around the old rookie scale. Which means if this team has multiple key injuries, we're ****ed.
I actually think Houston is a legitimate #1 CB in the NFL. I don't trust Bentley at all though.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Syckle78

He's only a terrible drafter if he doesn't learn from the mistakes. You guys gotta remember the situation he inherited. Worse ever record, he had immense pressure to turn it around fast and he did. This team has come aloooooong way since 0-16. Even considering last year's set back.

Yea he made mistakes but I'm hoping it was a result of being aggressive and going for the home run. If he sticks to best player available plus need minus injury history and character flaws now that there is talent in place he will be fine. Hopefully Titus and others was a lesson learned. I'm not ready to give up on this front office. Not after the putridness that was Millen and the previous decade.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:32 PM
sarcastro

Well, they only have one guy that has any business starting in an NFL secondary, they have maybe one NFL caliber linebacker, they have no defensive ends, they have no right tackle, they have no long snapper, punter, kicker, punt returner, kick returner, or 3rd-5th WR.

But they finally got another running back!

Fellas are so full of holes, they whistle when they walk...

I apologize for my bellicosity. I've had a hernia operation...

Old
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Well, they only have one guy that has any business starting in an NFL secondary, they have maybe one NFL caliber linebacker, they have no defensive ends, they have no right tackle, they have no long snapper, punter, kicker, punt returner, kick returner, or 3rd-5th WR.

But they finally got another running back!

Fellas are so full of holes, they whistle when they walk...

I apologize for my bellicosity. I've had a hernia operation...

Wait is Hanson done? Please god no! He's a beast!

Old
03-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Wait is Hanson done? Please god no! He's a beast!
I thought I saw on the Lions Facebook that Hanson is returning or WANTS to.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:51 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
I thought I saw on the Lions Facebook that Hanson is returning or WANTS to.
He hasn't signed yet. Last I heard he was interested in coming back if the money is right. ??

Closed Thread