HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lockout Signings (Part I)

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I wouldn't it's one of the most expensive places in Europe, and maybe the most but I can't remember
shhh!

im looking for dumpsters and bicycles to rent over there

Old
09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP View Post

Datsyuk to CSKA. Done deal.
But....but...I thought he was confirmed for AK Bars??????

Old
09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
kaiser matias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
Niklas Backstrom to Dynamo Minsk is confirmed.
There are reports that he got injured before joining the team, and may not be able to actually play. However the coach of Minsk is saying that Backstrom may still join the team and help them in other ways.

NHL Lockout: Backstrom's Move to Minsk Under Threat

Old
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
ElTailR

Agreed with Sweden being more expensive.

Little Recap for Switzerland :
Ambri : The GM said that no one will come and they'll stay with their roster
Bern : Streit (NYI), Maybe Josi (NSH)
Biel : Probably no one (low budget)
Davos : Thornton (SJS), Nash (NYR)
Fribourg : Actually i don't know, i guess no one will come but we have low information
Geneve : Y. Weber (MTL), Couture (SJS)
Kloten : They're happy to be in the league. NHL players are a dream
Langnau : Rumour of Backes (STL)
Lugano : Sbisa (ANA)
Rapperswil : Spezza (OTT)
Zug : Brunner (DET), Diaz (MTL). A 3rd NHLer will probably come (Forward probably)
Zurich : They wanted Streit, Sbisa and Weber but all of them chose other teams. NHLers will come

Old
09-19-2012, 01:13 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
The best European option for Canadian guys was honestly Sweden in terms of least cultural shock and being able to get by easily on just English. Too bad the SEL made that rule.

There is practically no difference between Sweden and Finland culturally, one reason might be being the same country for over 600yrs..

Speaking of the game and the rinks, Finland has the easiest league in Europe for NA players to come and play.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:27 PM
WeberStreit

Rick Nash and Mark Streit arrived today. I guess they may have got the same flight from NY...

A lot of swiss GMs said, that they never got as much calls in, like as they did when the lockout was made official. I'm still curious if there will be more signings. I doubt it, because most teams don't spend as much money as they did in the previous years. The only two teams, who can afford a big name player are the ZSC Lions (Zurich) and HC Lugano.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:28 PM
russianhockey

Tarasenko -> SKA
http://www.ska.ru/news/ru/7026.html

Old
09-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
So Datsyuk and Bryz are confirmed playing with CSKA right? Any idea who their third and last lockout NHLer might be?

Also, is there a specific website (can't seem to find one) to use for purchasing tickets for the CSKA Ice Palace? With Datsyuk signed on to play for Fedorov's team I'll be looking to take a bit of a vacation to the Mother land this fall.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
However, no one could regret a trip to Switzerland
thats right! haven`t been there for a few years now but with all those signings I plan a trip to Davos already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
There is practically no difference between Sweden and Finland culturally, one reason might be being the same country for over 600yrs..

Speaking of the game and the rinks, Finland has the easiest league in Europe for NA players to come and play.

really? I`ve friends from both of these contries and they are so different I don`t even know where to start a comparison...the only thing that is really equal is the awesomeness of both contries`girls (that might be the final reason for Oshie to go to Sweden)

Old
09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
thats right! haven`t been there for a few years now but with all those signings I plan a trip to Davos already!

really? I`ve friends from both of these contries and they are so different I don`t even know where to start a comparison...the only thing that is really equal is the awesomeness of both contries`girls (that might be the final reason for Oshie to go to Sweden)

Actually finnsih girls ain't that special.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sniper Cele View Post
So Datsyuk and Bryz are confirmed playing with CSKA right? Any idea who their third and last lockout NHLer might be?

Also, is there a specific website (can't seem to find one) to use for purchasing tickets for the CSKA Ice Palace? With Datsyuk signed on to play for Fedorov's team I'll be looking to take a bit of a vacation to the Mother land this fall.
Volchenkov

Quote:
Todd Cordell
New Jersey Devils Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
Yet another New Jersey Devil appears to be heading to Russia to play in the KHL. This time it's defenseman Anton Volchenkov.

Volchenkov is taking his talents to Russia to sign with CSKA Moscow, according to David Pagnotta of TheFourthPeriod. There he will join the likes of fellow Russian NHLers Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Bryzgalov.

As with all of these contracts, Volchenkov will have an out-clause so he can return to the NHL if and when a new collective bargaining agreement is reached.

Volchenkov joins Ilya Kovalchuk and Marek Zidlicky as the only Devils players to sign overseas thus far. That said, the list is expected to grow as the lockout drags on.

Old
09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
But....but...I thought he was confirmed for AK Bars??????
I've never confirmed that!

Old
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
Anze Kopitar will be playing for Mora. Allsvenskan might be fun to watch this season.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15465900.ab
Interesting story regarding Kopitar and his playing for Mora.

The main issue last few days was very expensive insurance cost, which is not easy to solve for team that is not in first league. So they were looking for solutions, fans were collecting money and even one future teammate has part of his paycheck donated for Kopi's insurance...

Old
09-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Krishna

Bryzgalov hasn't gone overseas just yet. He was training here yesterday with a few other flyers players

Old
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Bryzgalov hasn't gone overseas just yet. He was training here yesterday with a few other flyers players
He should be coming to Russia tomorrow.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Anyone hearing anything on the Blues besides Berglund, Sobotka and Tarasenko?

Old
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Anyone hearing anything on the Blues besides Berglund, Sobotka and Tarasenko?
Some of this can be found in previous posts in the thread.

a) Backes rumored to Langnau, Switzerland. The swiss seem to deny it.
b) Steen is here in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden, practising with Modo, hoping that the no-lockout-players-in-SEL-agreement will be called back so he also can play for Modo in SEL.
c) TJ Oshie is rumored to join Berglund in Västerås in SEL-2.
d) Polak is rumored to go to Chomutov/Vitkovice in czech league.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post

I would like to hear actually.

Last time i came from Netherlands by car and after Germany and Denmark, in Sweden you start to feel more like home.

During the boat trip from Stockholm and Helsinki the bars where full as there was WC games running, USA-Fin and Swe-Cze.

There was almost a fight as some Swedes where so drunk and taunting Finns watching the game, sterotypically this should have been the other way.

But it turned out well in the end and we where all sitting in the same table and sad about there not being a Fin-Swe final game this tournament.

They were country boys from Västergötland and i have roots from there also so we had a few drinks for that also.

It could be that Sweden is more a class society than Finland but atleast the rural common folk are very similar.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:51 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Some of this can be found in previous posts in the thread.

a) Backes rumored to Langnau, Switzerland. The swiss seem to deny it.
b) Steen is here in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden, practising with Modo, hoping that the no-lockout-players-in-SEL-agreement will be called back so he also can play for Modo in SEL.
c) TJ Oshie is rumored to join Berglund in Västerås in SEL-2.
d) Polak is rumored to go to Chomutov/Vitkovice in czech league.
Polak is already practicing with Vitkovice, I believe they're just waiting for his transfer card.

Old
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTailR View Post
EV Zug : Brunner (DET), Diaz (MTL). A 3rd NHLer will probably come (Forward probably)
Toews or Gagner maybe?

Old
09-19-2012, 02:57 PM
jonas2244

Spezza plays for free for Rapperswil-Jona. The team only has to pay the insurance.

Old
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
I would like to hear actually.

Last time i came from Netherlands by car and after Germany and Denmark, in Sweden you start to feel more like home.

During the boat trip from Stockholm and Helsinki the bars where full as there was WC games running, USA-Fin and Swe-Cze.

There was almost a fight as some Swedes where so drunk and taunting Finns watching the game, sterotypically this should have been the other way.

But it turned out well in the end and we where all sitting in the same table and sad about there not being a Fin-Swe final game this tournament.

They were country boys from Västergötland and i have roots from there also so we had a few drinks for that also.

It could be that Sweden is more a class society than Finland but atleast the rural common folk are very similar.
People from north of Sthlm is much like Finns. Big forests & lumberjacks drinking moonshine and cursing every second word. People from south of Sthlm are much like the danes, they dont really have a language, they just make sounds as if they always have a half-chewed spettekaka in their mouth, so noone really takes them seriously. Finally, the Sthlm:ers themselves, the guys there spend more time in front of the mirror than the women. I guess this sums it up.

Old
09-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Black Hawk 1926

Send a message via ICQ to Black Hawk 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Toews or Gagner maybe?
I think I'd suffer a heart attack (and die in peace) if that happens.

Old
09-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Lui One Hall

Wow, seems like all the guys are going to Switzerland and Czech Rep.

Old
09-19-2012, 03:44 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Bryz and Pavel in the same locker room, I know one thing if you sent American and Canadian reporters to do stories and cover one team in Russia it should be CSKA. Interview gold mine now.

Was always surprised at the AK Bars Kazan rumors as he lives in the Moscow area in the off-season. Plus he gets to help out Fedorov and hey start mentoring Marchenko, off to a rough start the season, hope he isn't sent to the MHL with this move. If so loan him to Grand Rapids please Sergei.

Closed Thread