HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Old
04-07-2015, 04:21 PM
XX
One More

vCash: 500
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

Full trailer soon, preview above

Arm weapons!

Quote:
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc

Last edited by XX: 04-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.
XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 04:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Yes yes ye syesuseyfvouiasevhaseiouvhase

YES!

Seriously can't ****ing wait. DX HR is still my favorite shooter of the past 5 years, next to Wolfenstein.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 04:43 PM
XX
One More

Most importantly, Michael McCann is back to do the soundtrack:

Old
04-07-2015, 04:52 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
It's Jensen again? That can't be, I choose D!!

I really hope they improve the level design because that was the only real problem with Human Revolution

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 04:55 PM
parabola
BOlieve dat

I did ask for this. HR was probably my favorite game last gen (that or RDR).

All I want different from this one is better boss battles. I want to be able to play the *whole* game without killing anyone.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Unholy
kesbae

Yes yes yes yes. LOVED HR. So excited for this.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Girls Generation
Inaba Rising

Human Revolution was straight money, definitely one of the most open ended FPS's I ever played, and I'm hyped as hell. I'm guessing Elias Toufexis is getting Jensen again?

Girls Generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 05:01 PM
XX
One More

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
All I want different from this one is better boss battles. I want to be able to play the *whole* game without killing anyone.
Square Enix outsourced the boss battles (and forced them into the game) to a no name studio that had no familiarity with shooters or DX. I hope they learned their lesson.

Old
04-07-2015, 05:02 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

I see they didn't turn down the yellow

:S

WinterEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 05:04 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Golden Rolo Nominee

Which ending will be canonical?

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 05:04 PM
parabola
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Square Enix outsourced the boss battles (and forced them into the game) to a no name studio that had no familiarity with shooters or DX. I hope they learned their lesson.
Yeah i'm aware of what happened. Given that was basically the one major complaint everyone had, they had better learned their lesson.

Old
04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
XX
One More

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
None of them, really, although Darrow's looks the closest.

Old
04-07-2015, 05:17 PM
parabola
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Quote:
Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations.
I'm guessing the Darrow ending but the Taggart ending is plausible maybe.

EDIT: apparently none of the endings are canon but the Darrow one seems close

Old
04-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personas View Post
Human Revolution was straight money, definitely one of the most open ended FPS's I ever played, and I'm hyped as hell. I'm guessing Elias Toufexis is getting Jensen again?
How could he not?

Old
04-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Frankie Spankie

Can't wait for this one to come out!! I'm actually excited for gaming over the next couple years with Witcher 3, MGS 5, and now new Deus Ex... I'm curious when it'll come out, my guess is sometime middle of next year.

Also, for the people mentioning the boss battles. I'm pretty sure they openly admitted it was a mistake to outsource the boss battles, especially to a team that didn't know what they were really doing. I believe they were also saying they will not be making that mistake again and focus on boss battles themselves.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Didn't they try to fix the boss battles in the Director's Cut?

Old
04-07-2015, 05:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I think they did fix the boss battles.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 05:56 PM
parabola
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
Didn't they try to fix the boss battles in the Director's Cut?
Yeah somewhat. There are some hacking/stealth options.

Old
04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Stories
Science!

Yes. Yes. Yes!!!

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Human Revolution was one of my favourite breakthrough games of last gen. They did an awesome job, literally the only thing I didn't like was the stupid boss fights.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 06:30 PM
XX
One More

From Shinobi:
Quote:
-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
  • Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
  • Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
  • C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
  • PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc

Last edited by XX: 04-07-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old
04-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Commander Clueless
Fear the Leaf

That looks pretty darn cool.

I thought Human Revolution looked cool, so I picked it up when it was on Humble Bundle (I think). Haven't played it yet.

Now I really want to.

Commander Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

That all sounds sweet! Thanks XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmatic Dan View Post
That looks pretty darn cool.

I thought Human Revolution looked cool, so I picked it up when it was on Humble Bundle (I think). Haven't played it yet.

Now I really want to.
It's a great game, well worth your time

Old
04-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Girls Generation
Inaba Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
How could he not?
Well, it happened with Snake in MGS V...

Girls Generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Awesome that you can approach the bosses instead of taking a straight up fight. Kinda kills your stealth playthrough to have a big explosive battle.