2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 01:04 PM
TroubaFan1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Yeah he hasn't been stellar, I don't think either Brink or Elliott are the answer long term. To play QB in the CFL you need to be able to move out of the pocket and run (Calvillo excluded). Time for the Bombers to start bringing in some CFL prototype QB's!
Brink is second on our team in rushing with 131 yards rushing on 25 carries for a 5.2 yard avg. Where do you get he can't get out of the pocket?

Last edited by TroubaFan1: 09-12-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
Brink is second on our team in rushing with 131 yards rushing on 25 carries for a 5.2 yard avg. Where do you get he can get out of the pocket?
That average is lowered quite a bit cause he is the 3rd down/goalline QB sneak guy as well. Brink can run, there's no denying that.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
TroubaFan1

I beleive both Joey and Brink are keepers. Buck is not a long term solution for obvious reasons, and I think the differences between Brink and Elliott complement eachother very well. Brink is more mobile and able to make things happen with his feet. Where as Joey has a better arm and is more of a pocket passer. I think in a perfect world they could become the Tommy and Huff duo we had in the 80's.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
I beleive both Joey and Brink are keepers. Buck is not a long term solution for obvious reasons, and I think the differences between Brink and Elliott complement eachother very well. Brink is more mobile and able to make things happen with his feet. Where as Joey has a better arm and is more of a pocket passer. I think in a perfect world they could become the Tommy and Huff duo we had in the 80's.
In a perfect world we could genetically combine them to have one really good QB

Old
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Agreed so so so dumb the season is lost give him a chance to learn on the job and IMO he honestly wasn't terrible last game. There were a few times he didn't get the ball out quick enough or got a little bit lost in the pocket but for the most part it was encouraging. In the second half if memory serves correctly he was starting to show much better pocket awareness and he was getting the ball out much quicker. Wish he was more mobile because there was plenty of opportunities to get some yards with his feet but what can you do?

Oh god. A must win situation for the coaching staff and front office to have any chance of keeping their jobs at seasons end sure. We know Buck is not the answer (too bad because I genuinely like the guy) let Elliott play and learn in game situations. He has had plenty of time to learn through video and practice, there is only so much a guy is going to get from that. He needs to play to continue to develop and he needs to play so the Bombers can see if he is capable of of becoming a starting QB and if not they better start looking for someone else. Also his confidence seemed to increase as the game went on to me. He didn't just hang on to the ball and look shell shocked, he seemed to improve avoiding the rush as the game went on and began finding his guys quicker. Hard to tell if he was staring the receiver down some times, it did seem that way from the stands but looking guys off etc. is something that he is going to improve upon by playing. In saying all that it really doesn't matter because Buck will out again before long anyways.
I do see what your saying, but I disagree. I think if you have the chance to go with your starter...you do it. This team needs a win, and while Hamilton is closest to us In The standings and has been terrible for years, the timing is perfect.

I get that Buck isn't the answer...but apparently neither is Elliott. Like it or not Buck is the superior player, and that's who you have to go with in these situations.

I'm not saying the kid sucks or anything, in fact I think he'll have a few good seasons, but the team needs a win. In three starts...Elliott has won none. Maybe that's the change that's needed.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:50 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I do see what your saying, but I disagree. I think if you have the chance to go with your starter...you do it. This team needs a win, and while Hamilton is closest to us In The standings and has been terrible for years, the timing is perfect.

I get that Buck isn't the answer...but apparently neither is Elliott. Like it or not Buck is the superior player, and that's who you have to go with in these situations.

I'm not saying the kid sucks or anything, in fact I think he'll have a few good seasons, but the team needs a win. In three starts...Elliott has won none. Maybe that's the change that's needed.
I like Buck too, but I would keep going with Elliott. Bombers need to find out if he is the future. Besides based on Buck's history how long to you think it will be before Elliott is back in anyways...a game or 2, maybe 3. Might as well give him the reps and see what he can do.

Old
09-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
Training at the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bomber stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. Initially the CFL team thought it was a prank! *
Training was immediately suspended, while police and RCMP security officials were called to investigate. *
After a complete analysis, Winnipeg police forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact, the goal line. *
Practice will resume this afternoon after Police and RCMP security decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again

Old
09-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Training at the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bomber stadium was delayed nearly two hours this morning, after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground. Initially the CFL team thought it was a prank! *
Training was immediately suspended, while police and RCMP security officials were called to investigate. *
After a complete analysis, Winnipeg police forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most of the players, was in fact, the goal line. *
Practice will resume this afternoon after Police and RCMP security decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again

Old
09-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Lol come on. Everyone needs some morning humor

Old
09-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Lol come on. Everyone needs some morning humor
Well, I actually believed it when I first read it.t

I'm quite gullible when I haven't been up for 5 miniuites.

Old
09-13-2012, 09:19 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Any Bomber fans in Calgary going to the game tomorrow? I decided against it haha

Will grab some Thi Thi and watch from home with some company

Old
09-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Any Bomber fans in Calgary going to the game tomorrow? I decided against it haha

Will have to get some hard stuff for tomorrow, probably better to not remember it

Old
09-13-2012, 09:33 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I am going to the game next week against Hamilton..... But not tomorrows in calgary

Old
09-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post

I'm driving down from Edmonton to go to the game. It'll be my first live CFL games in several years (when you used to live in Yukon the CFL was a bit far to go...)

I suspect I'll be doing some heavy drinking afterwards to numb the pain.

Old
09-14-2012, 01:09 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

Buck is the better player now, no doubt but we still don't know what we have in Elliott he may be a good starter. Still to early to say IMO but what's not to early to say IMO is the season is over. Let's build towards the future and figure out what we have on our roster instead of playing a bunch of stopgap mediocre players like Buck so we can chase some snowballs chance in hell this team is making the playoffs.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

The only reason buck is going to start is so Mack can try and save his ass

Old
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
The only reason buck is going to start is so Mack can try and save his ass
Yupp

Old
09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Illegal Procuedure: Power Rankings for Week 11. Well the Bombers have a long way to go but at least they cannot fall any farther in the rankings.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Bring back Jeff Reinebold!

I kid I kid....

Kinda..

Old
09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Dear God. Why are we ALWAYS ****ed on fakes. Over the past 3-4 years we are BY FAR, BY MILES the worst at handling fakes...

Can't even catch a ******* punt! Man this is so hard to watch...like watching my bro play CJFL...

Old
09-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Gangnam style...nice dance...I don't even care anymore, I know we can't block...CGY is prob my favourite team out BB, might as well start cheering for them now...

Old
09-14-2012, 08:23 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Oh bombers you are so awesome
Smfh

Old
09-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Diatidialga

Can't wait to see the fans heckle this pathetic team next week, it's just what they need.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:30 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Can't wait to see the fans heckle this pathetic team next week, it's just what they need.
I know I will

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
09-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I know I will
The Goldeye's are leading 5-1 in the Bottom of the 4th, atleast we have one good team.

EDIT: 5-3 now, 3 straight hit's FML

Closed Thread