Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Hawker14

vCash: 500
Sometimes my eyes make me think the Bombers aren't very good, but then I remember Joe's press conferences and interviews ... and realize the errors of my ways.

In Mack We Trust.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post
Sometimes my eyes make me think the Bombers aren't very good, but then I remember Joe's press conferences and interviews ... and realize the errors of my ways.

In Mack We Trust.
Indeed. We might have lost 44-3, but look at it this way. 44-3 is 41, and 4-1 is 3. So really, it was a tie. And Coach LaPolice's fault.

Old
09-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

I can't help that notice that all the people who defended Mack this off-season while I attacked him for his lack of retaining talent and failure to bring in talent are absent...sorry nobody likes to be wrong, but I was accused of not understanding the CFL...I feel I have a pretty damn good grasp of the CFL and I feel a little bit justified. This whole thing is Mack's fault, as I have said all along. He completely ****ed up the off-season, and much as Hefney commented in off-season on Twitter, he is ****ing this team, making the true players we have (Hefney, Johnson, Edwards, etc) look like fools since he destroyed the rest of the team.

Seriously, can anyone honestly still tell me that this is worth it for the long term? That our future is still so very very bright like the claims? That our NI talent is the best in 20 years, our IMP talent is the best in 10 years? WTF. I am sorry for being the pessimist, and trust me I wish more than anyone I was completely wrong, but apparently I was even more right than even I thought I would be...what a complete and utter joke this team is...

Old
09-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Seriously, can anyone honestly still tell me that this is worth it for the long term? That our future is still so very very bright like the claims? That our NI talent is the best in 20 years, our IMP talent is the best in 10 years? WTF. I am sorry for being the pessimist, and trust me I wish more than anyone I was completely wrong, but apparently I was even more right than even I thought I would be...what a complete and utter joke this team is...
At least next year we'll have a nice new stadium to sit in to watch the Bombers lose in.

If you're gonna watch your team lose, do it in style!

Old
09-15-2012, 02:42 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
I can't help that notice that all the people who defended Mack this off-season while I attacked him for his lack of retaining talent and failure to bring in talent are absent...sorry nobody likes to be wrong, but I was accused of not understanding the CFL...I feel I have a pretty damn good grasp of the CFL and I feel a little bit justified. This whole thing is Mack's fault, as I have said all along. He completely ****ed up the off-season, and much as Hefney commented in off-season on Twitter, he is ****ing this team, making the true players we have (Hefney, Johnson, Edwards, etc) look like fools since he destroyed the rest of the team.

I got nothing.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
The players laughing in the sideline need to be cut.
Its bad enough this team is a laughing stock of the league... Now the players think it funny to be embarassed like this.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:10 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Outscored 96-3 in the last 2 road games. Zoinks.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:21 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Man, season over by the 1/3rd mark... in an eight team league. Easy to see it was LaPo's fault. Makes complete sense.

Was yesterday Mail It In Friday? If it was I'm pissed because I actually put in a full day when I could have been f.t.d.ing it.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:42 AM
puck stoppa

Quote:

Change one position on this team though (Ricky Ray to Toronto for instance) and that would make all the difference in the world. We need a QB and thats the problem. The defense is fine (minus MLB) if they had an offense that could ever give them a lead. Our receivers and RB are fine but we have no QB. The Oline is bad but they were bad last year as well.
I still say put any of the starting QB's from the league on this team (minus Jyles) and we would be over .500.

Old
09-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Diatidialga

So, is Mack going to give us our milk and cookies today?

Old
09-15-2012, 08:46 AM
puck stoppa

Oh, and I forgot to mention it, but for then 100th time, FIRE WALTERS already!

Old
09-15-2012, 08:46 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
So, is Mack going to give us our milk and cookies today?
Only milk. You guys aren't showing enough love to get the cookies too.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
I got nothing.
I was harsh last night. Sorry. It is not a crime to believe in the team and I really do cheer for the Bombers every chance I get. I watch every game, go to every game I can. It's just that certain people told me I didn't understand how the game worked when I voiced my frusteration (not you that I can recall ) in the off-season about the moves made which I did not like, which I did not like, but trust me I would have much rather I looked stupid then this to happen. Opposing opinions are what make forums interesting, telling me I don't understand the game since I have a differing opinion is not a good forum of discussion. I do want them to succeed. I am probably a bigger Bombers fan than a Jets fan (although much bigger NHL fan than CFL fan, if that makes any sense). But Mack has clearly led us down this path and I gotta say "I told you so". He stripped the team to this, it's not LaPo's or Burke's fault, there is simply a lack of talent on this team.

But this is just so frustrating for everybody. This feels worse than the Mike Kelly era somehow. It just feels like a perpetual joke, it is driving me nuts. There just seems to be no positives right now.

Honestly, here is my depth chart for next year that is assured spots....

QB -
RB -
REC - Watson (NI), Poblah (NI), Matthews
OL -
DL - Turner
LB -
DB - Logan (NI), Johnson, Hefney
ST - Muamba

The rest of everybody might as well be rookies it's up for grabs. I expect RB Simpson/RB Garrett, OL Douglas, REC Edwards, DE Hall, LB Bowman, HB Suber, CB Stewart to be back as starters (also hoping Tim Burke is back as DC), but the rest? Meh, take it or leave it. They team needs a complete overhaul.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-15-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old
09-15-2012, 09:28 AM
KingSalamon

I haven't watched all the games this season but I do get a few minutes of games in here and there. What I've noticed is Johnson was getting burned constantly, yet he runs his mouth about being the best defensive player etc etc. now he may be good but I still find it interesting that week after week he's getting torched for huge plays.

I hope there isn't a give away promotion this week at the stadium, could be a huge mess to clean up after the fans litter the field with it. Mind you... I wonder how many people will show up. Someone said the players played at 75%.. Perhaps the stadium will be 75% full.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Part of the problem with this team in developing QBS is they have no patience in developing QBs.

Take a look at Danny McManus first 3 years as a Bomber. More INTs than TDs, pass completion % less than 50% and QB rating of 70 (one season in the 50s). He turned out to be a pretty good QB.

Elliott has had some bad games, but you should not give up that easily on him. Guy has started 6 games in his career, hardly an adequate sample size to determine if he has the goods or not.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind if they started Buck next game. Doesn't necessarily hurt for Elliott to watch from the sidelines for a bit.
I absolutely agree. They also have a problem finding QBs. It irritated me during the game when they let Jeff Garcia ramble on for what seemed like forever while the play was going on, but when he said at one point the Stamps had him, Dave Dickenson, and Henry Burris all in the system at the same time it made me realize wow: we suck.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
He was the only bright spot of the game.
Yeah he had a couple of 3 yard completions that were dandy.

Old
09-15-2012, 09:55 AM
ducky

The effort, the attitude and the execution were horrible. It is getting worse each game. Players have obviously given up. MAJOR shakeup is needed.

The Bombers need to bring in a veteran team of coaches next year. It appears our current crop have no clue. Not sure with every team but it seems successful CFL teams generally have experienced CFL Qbs as their O coordinator. Crowton?

The pitiful offense has destroyed the defense. The D has lost hope.

It is really sad.

In a way I hope the stadium is half empty next game. fans need to send a message that 20+ years is too much. Build a ****** winner already.

Old
09-15-2012, 10:18 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I wouldnt be surprised to see one or even both of johnson and hefney gone next season

Old
09-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I was at the game last night to support my Bombers.

Seeing Bombers laughing when they are losing by 35 points made me angry.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:20 AM
blues10

Thoughts to ponder

Kyle Walters - previous CFL experience 1 year in 2003. It shows

Gary Crowton - CFL experince zero and to my understanding had never seen a game of CFL football before being hired. It shows.

Joe Mack - out of football since 2001 and last in the CFL in 1987. It shows.

Tim Burke - to my knowledge no head coaching experience. Last coached a football game from the sideline in the mid-90's. It shows.

Old
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM
puck stoppa

Some people deal with tough times with humour, but ya when the score is that bad and you see a smile on their face its sure looks bad.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:13 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:

Pump your own tires much? I totally agree with you though.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I wouldnt be surprised to see one or even both of johnson and hefney gone next season
I'm inclined to agree. They're talented players, but the amount of jaw jacking they've done combined with the drop-off in their play has really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm not going to speculated what kind of dynamic they bring to the locker room. However, I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind that there are huge chemistry issues on this team. There's nothing that suggests to me that they're playing for one another.

Old
09-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:

Honestly, here is my depth chart for next year that is assured spots....

QB -
RB -
REC - Watson (NI), Poblah (NI), Matthews
OL -
DL - Turner
LB -
DB - Logan (NI), Johnson, Hefney
ST - Muamba

The rest of everybody might as well be rookies it's up for grabs. I expect RB Simpson/RB Garrett, OL Douglas, REC Edwards, DE Hall, LB Bowman, HB Suber, CB Stewart to be back as starters (also hoping Tim Burke is back as DC), but the rest? Meh, take it or leave it. They team needs a complete overhaul.
I don't disagree, but AFAIC the blank on the O-Line and at QB tells the story. The Bombers really don't have **** in those spots, there's some developmental potential, but that's about it. Without a QB that can consistently move the chains and an offensive line that can consistently protect the QB, you really don't have a team.

The thing about the Bombers last year is that they were somewhat average at both QB and OL, but the defense was just so damn good, plus they had a little bit of luck go their way. I really consider that Bomber team from last year to be a 9-9 team that overachieved in a huge way. Take away some key pieces on the OL and on defense, and then factor in the injuries and overall drop-off at QB from last year, and then sprinkle in some pretty obvious dissent and fracture in the locker room, and this is what you get.

Old
09-15-2012, 03:51 PM
sully1410

Hamilton looks good today. Making me nervous about Friday.

Closed Thread