Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Oh I agree but he's more durable than we give him credit for. It's just an observation; the things that Buck brings to the game are things I don't see the other two ever bringing. How much longer do we have pierce for?
??? Contracts are not released in CFL, even if they were they are non-guaranteed so they can be released at any time and nobody is trying to take Pierce from us. Pierce couldn't find a contract last time he was an UFA until very late when WPG signed him to an incentive laden contract. Since then he has only started 50% of his games, and only managed to finish 50% of those. Nobody wants a guy who as an uncontested starter can only finish 25% of his games...I wouldn't worry about keeping Pierce if we want him, I don't think we should want him anymore.

Old
10-20-2012, 12:16 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Oh I agree but he's more durable than we give him credit for. It's just an observation; the things that Buck brings to the game are things I don't see the other two ever bringing. How much longer do we have pierce for?
I thought i heard tsn say he is under contract next year

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Gord Miller makes me barf
You got that right, can't stand his useless stats. Get rid of him for hockey and bring back Romaniuk.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Anybody watching this Calgary game? Can't see the field, it's a huge snowstorm in CGY , hope that doesn't hit here!

Old
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

I'm watching it. Looks like it would be fun to play in!

Old
10-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Glenn sure isn't liking the snow...7 turnovers for CGY(including 4 INT's) already today and they are still winning right now

Old
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
I'm watching it. Looks like it would be fun to play in!
It is alot of fun to play in. It just sucks when you're not on the field.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Wow, Hamilton comes up with the onside kick ith 52 seconds left down 2pts, how often does that happen? CGY has nobody to blame but themselves if they lose this, should have it in the bag even with 7 turnovers.

And now Hamilton is in field goal range already, this is crazy what a game.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
This game is nuts. I love it.

10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

And Fantuz screws up the hold. Insane. Calgary did EVERYTHING in their power to give that game to HAM, can't believe HAM couldn't win that. WPG is no longer in last

Old
10-20-2012, 09:19 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Winterpeg needs to win out and deadmonton needs to lose out and we are in

Last edited by King Woodballs: 10-20-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Derp
Old
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
It would be nothing short of hilarious if we made the playoffs this season.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Winterpeg needs to win out and deadmonton needs to lose out abd we are in
This is not out of the realm of possibility. Winnipeg plays HAM next week, loser is out. Edmonton is in MTL. Hard place to win, but since MTL has nothing to play for (already locked up East), that's a toss up. MacPherson might even play that game, but he is solid and will present a huge challenge for EDM to adjust to. I can easily see that week going our way.

But if WPG wins and EDM losses, WPG is at home against the same MTL team that has nothing to play for enters in WPG. We have a decent chance at home against them. Meanwhile CGY is in EDM in week 19, CGY is in a dogfight with SSK for home field advantage, so they will not be letting up. That might even break our way.

Once in playoffs, TOR is not very good. That is a nothing team. MTL will have been on cruise control for a while, and with the bye week they will be super rusty.

Amazing as it sounds, the GC Final is NOT out of the realm of possibility. Of course, nobody is challenging BC for the GC. They already have it, IMO. MAYBE if Tate had played all year CGY would have had a chance, but as it stands, the rest of the league is just playing for show IMO Of course the same could have been said of WPG in 01...

Old
10-21-2012, 03:54 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
This is not out of the realm of possibility. Winnipeg plays HAM next week, loser is out. Edmonton is in MTL. Hard place to win, but since MTL has nothing to play for (already locked up East), that's a toss up. MacPherson might even play that game, but he is solid and will present a huge challenge for EDM to adjust to. I can easily see that week going our way.

But if WPG wins and EDM losses, WPG is at home against the same MTL team that has nothing to play for enters in WPG. We have a decent chance at home against them. Meanwhile CGY is in EDM in week 19, CGY is in a dogfight with SSK for home field advantage, so they will not be letting up. That might even break our way.

Once in playoffs, TOR is not very good. That is a nothing team. MTL will have been on cruise control for a while, and with the bye week they will be super rusty.

Amazing as it sounds, the GC Final is NOT out of the realm of possibility. Of course, nobody is challenging BC for the GC. They already have it, IMO. MAYBE if Tate had played all year CGY would have had a chance, but as it stands, the rest of the league is just playing for show IMO Of course the same could have been said of WPG in 01...
Funny thing was, if Hamilton had won that game, lost to us, and won their last game while...Winnipeg wins their final two and...Toronto loses their final two..Winnipeg would have finished in second and hosted a playoff game!

AS it is, Calgary has clinched second in their division and have nothing to play for the rest of the season so unfortunately for us, may rest several of their starters for part of, or all of, the final game of the season.

IMO Montreal will probably play Calvillo for 2 or 3 quarters next week in Montreal and 1 or 2 quarters in Winnipeg 2 weeks from now. I'm sure Trestman doesn't want him to be too cold for the playoffs.

Just a hunch, but I think we go 1-1 down the stretch, can't decide which game we win though.

I think Burke will keep his job as head coach (3 wins and 2 losses in his last 5 games), but the big question will be can Mack keeps his?

Old
10-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Funny thing was, if Hamilton had won that game, lost to us, and won their last game while...Winnipeg wins their final two and...Toronto loses their final two..Winnipeg would have finished in second and hosted a playoff game!

AS it is, Calgary has clinched second in their division and have nothing to play for the rest of the season so unfortunately for us, may rest several of their starters for part of, or all of, the final game of the season.

IMO Montreal will probably play Calvillo for 2 or 3 quarters next week in Montreal and 1 or 2 quarters in Winnipeg 2 weeks from now. I'm sure Trestman doesn't want him to be too cold for the playoffs.

Just a hunch, but I think we go 1-1 down the stretch, can't decide which game we win though.

I think Burke will keep his job as head coach (3 wins and 2 losses in his last 5 games), but the big question will be can Mack keeps his?
I like your analysis and I think you're on Que. Good call.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Very interested to see how Tate does tonight. Wonder how they will split up the time.

Would like to see Cornish break Kwong's Canadian rushing record tonight.

TSN Panel just said WPG is interested in Mike Reilly. I'd be down with that. He's still pretty young, good size, moves well. I'd be happy with Reilly - Pierce - Elliott depth chart next year, I like Reilly and BC (and Buono) is a QB factory.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

This game is a mess. Reilly is ******** the bed, 2 fumbles already, including one for a TD and should have had one picked. Glenn throws a TD early. Tate throws a pick in his first pass, but BC fumbles it right back on the same play. Now Tate throws a TD on his second pass. 24-0 for CGY just 9 minutes in.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
This game is a mess. Reilly is ******** the bed, 2 fumbles already, including one for a TD and should have had one picked. Glenn throws a TD early. Tate throws a pick in his first pass, but BC fumbles it right back on the same play. Now Tate throws a TD on his second pass. 24-0 for CGY just 9 minutes in.
Hahaha! Sounds like a CFL game. Truthfully, that's one of the reasons I love the CFL - never know what you're going to get.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Win or your out. It's that simple. WPG has the advantage in the run game, it's POURING rain so that should help. Even though it is unlikely that WPG makes playoffs, even with a win, a win here would be a huge show of character of the team, IMO.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

What a joke, not even close to PI...

Which leads directly to a TD...thanks refs screwing us already

Old
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Lol, Pierce is hurt.

There's no way you can call that a fumble, his arm was coming forward...

Refs 14, Winnipeg 0.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Lol, Pierce is hurt.

There's no way you can call that a fumble, his arm was coming forward...
Pierce needs to quit

I'm going as Piece for Halloween, I got a jersey and I'll put a large band aid on my head and a brace on my leg

Old
10-27-2012, 12:34 PM
SensibleGuy

hmm, Buck hurt? Who'da seen that comin? lol...

This could go one of two ways - terrible blow-out against the Bombers, or miraculous 4th Q comeback for the Bombers with Elliot at the helm. I'm calling the former...

Old
10-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Buck's back.

Ok refs, GTFO and let the best team win, I know you want to "honor" Ivor Wynn or whatever, but seriously **** off.

Hamilton 0, Refs 14, Winnipeg 0 is the score as I read it.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Buck's back.

Ok refs, GTFO and let the best team win, I know you want to "honor" Ivor Wynn or whatever, but seriously **** off.

Hamilton 0, Refs 14, Winnipeg 0 is the score as I read it.
The first TD was the D allowing the same screen pass 3 plays in a row

Closed Thread