Old
10-27-2012, 03:13 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You know what, this whole ****** game was worth it for that hit alone
That hit was massive. Best part of the game (and probably the season).

Old
10-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Diatidialga

Well, fall preseason game next week, let's see what Goltz can do

Old
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

The grey cup half time show looks brutal
Justin Beiber, Carly Rae Jepsen, Marianas Trench & Gordon Lightfoot

Old
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Apart from CRJ, yes it looks brutal.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
I'm sure all the middle-aged men will love the beibs

I'd take Nickleback back over that garbage

Old
10-27-2012, 05:43 PM
TroubaFan1

vCash: 500
People may think im crazy, but I still do think Brink has shown me something this season. He's got 8 tds to 7 picks, he's thrown for over 1200 yards, he's completion is 55%, and he's mobile. I know he has a slow release, but his stats are not that bad.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:28 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

As well, for those who may not know. Burton Cummings is singing the anthem too

Old
10-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
People may think im crazy, but I still do think Brink has shown me something this season. He's got 8 tds to 7 picks, he's thrown for over 1200 yards, he's completion is 55%, and he's mobile. I know he has a slow release, but his stats are not that bad.
I think it really depends on how the coachs/GM play out over the off-season. If we enter next season with the GM/Coach's intact (Mack, Burke, Crowton), he is done in WPG, IMO. He does not fit the system Crowton wants to implement, the quick hit/screens/running/pocket passer type system. Brink needs a more open system that gets him moving and taking chances down field.

I do think Brink is/can be solid backup QB, ala Jarious Jackson. I think really that Jackson is the perfect comparaison, a solid option to keep around, plenty of mobility and arm strength, works well in the right system. That being said, probably not the guy you want running your offense every week. But in the right system, a valuable player to have. WPG is not the right system for him right now. I hope he moves on has success if WPG continues with the current offense.

That being said, there's nothing really wrong with the type of offense that WPG wants to implement. It has worked for a long time in MTL, for example. But they need to find the right QB to lead it. Right now, quick release, game managing QB's are not exactly littered around the CFL. Most of the realistic options for WPG to look to at QB next year are in the big, mobile, strong arm QB mold (Mike Reilly, Quinton Porter).

Realistically, Buck Pierce and Joey Elliott are two of the better options for this type of offense moving forward (depending on Elliott developing and Buck's health obviously). The best option realistically potentially available (and I know this might kill people) is probably Kevin Glenn. He makes smart decisions, has a great release and appears much healthier than he was back in his later days in WPG. If WPG wants to continue with this type of offense, he might be the right player for it. Only other option we have is maybe Drew Willy out of Sask. He is more of a mobile, strong arm type QB as well, but he might be able to adapt enough to suit WPG's purposes.

If we switch offense types (ie new o coordinator), though, all bets are off.

Only other two names that might be available that would be worth anything are Tomas DeMarco out of BC and Bo Levi Mitchell out of CGY. Both are VERY VERY young for CFL QB's, potentially have huge upsides, but very unproven. I haven't seen much from either (obviously, since they are 3rd stringers) but both have scouting reports that state the have quick releases, smart and mobile QB's. Exactly what we are looking for. Apparently Winnipeg had workouts with DeMarco last off-season and did not ask him to camp though.

I would be happy if we open camp next year, no matter what, with Pierce, Brink/Elliott, Reilly/Willy/Porter in an even race for the starting spot, with the "/" in the later two positions depending on what happens with coordinators/coachs going forward.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 10-27-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Was really surprised they put Elliot in when Pierce went down, though maybe Brink had earned another try. Elliot didn't show much once again.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:21 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

So the new stadium has obstructed view seating
What a debacle this things has become

Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
So the new stadium has obstructed view seating
What a debacle this things has become
Handrails? C'mon, that's nothing at all. Hell most seats in MTS have handrails that affect your ability to see at times as well, nobody is calling those "obstructed". IDK, but I really think this is a complete non-issue.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:27 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Handrails? C'mon, that's nothing at all. Hell most seats in MTS have handrails that affect your ability to see at times as well, nobody is calling those "obstructed". IDK, but I really think this is a complete non-issue.
People are just ticked off this has taken so long and that the Bombers kept changing things. Not being honest, destroying the D that took us to the Grey Cup last year.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
If you read the Winnipeg Sun you would think all the seats have obstructed views, FACT is only 157 of the 33, 500 will have an obstructed view. Non-story.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
If you read the Winnipeg Sun you would think all the seats have obstructed views, FACT is only 157 of the 33, 500 will have an obstructed view. Non-story.
Thank you. People are making a mountain out of a molehill. The Bombers have also offered %50 off ticket price for those seats. Fair deal. I wonder how many stadiums and arenas in the world have zero obstructed view seats. I would suggest its a small number.

I can't wait for the Sun to fold. It just irritates me to no end.

10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Thank you. People are making a mountain out of a molehill. The Bombers have also offered %50 off ticket price for those seats. Fair deal. I wonder how many stadiums and arenas in the world have zero obstructed view seats. I would suggest its a small number.

But then where would the far right-wingers get their tabloid information from? I always liked how the Sun has stories of claiming family values etc...(especially around election time) and allows ads for XXX Bingo and crap like that. I'd rather get my news from the free Metro than the Sun.

Old
10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Exactly. Stories like this just get printed because there's a demand by "hate-everything-good-for-Winnipeg" crowd.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:29 PM
dhfromkw

If anybody's on the fence about hitting up CanadInns Stadium one last time this Saturday, my tickets are for sale as I can't make it.

Section J, row 4, aisle seats. $30 for the pair.

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread to post this.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

The upside is perhaps this HUGE BREAKING STORY will bump the other big news of the past month out of the spotlight about how people that don't like change are handling the transition to the new garbage pickup system?? Thank god we have new material for the chronic complainers.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Here's an interesting thing I have not seen before, sorry if this has been reported already but included in the story about Brink starting next week (Goltz will back up I guess since apparently Elliott and Pierce are out) is this nugget...

http://www.cfl.ca/article/irving-one...for-alex-brink

Quote:
And now, Brink will be rewarded with a start in the final game of the season and a chance to show Tim Burke, who will be the head coach next season, that he deserves consideration when the Bombers sort through their quarterback options during the off-season.
I really do want to see what Brink does with this opportunity, I have thought since 10 that he is a solid, if unspectacular, CFL QB and I do think he can find a place to succeed in this league. Hope he has a good showing this weekend.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:08 AM
WaveRaven

Everybody ready for the Buck Pirece gong show in 2013.

Buchko tells players Mack will be 'the GM in Winnipeg for years to come'

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...176781111.html

Another season wasted

Old
11-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
Everybody ready for the Buck Pirece gong show in 2013.

Buchko tells players Mack will be 'the GM in Winnipeg for years to come'

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...176781111.html

Another season wasted
The end of quite a few players in wpg, IMO. Many players were quite pissed off last season with how the offseason was handled, and after this season justified their concerns doubt many guys want to go through that again...urgh

Old
11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

So Buchko dropped the ball on the Stadium opening date (still not ready from what I can see)...........they have a brutal off season.........terrible season.........and retain Mack??????

definition of insanity

Old
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I am a bit unpest that Mack was retained, but not shocked.

Being a community owned team that clearly only worries about the bottom dollar, and with the near 500K owed to Mack for the next two seasons, I am not surprised he was kept.

No point paying him his 500k and someone else probably something similar to that.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
I am a bit unpest that Mack was retained, but not shocked.

Being a community owned team that clearly only worries about the bottom dollar, and with the near 500K owed to Mack for the next two seasons, I am not surprised he was kept.

No point paying him his 500k and someone else probably something similar to that.
Despite not bringing in players for the O-line or a reliable starting QB most of Mack's moves have been pretty good.

Chad Simpson one of the best backs in the league brought in by Mack.

Chris Matthews Blue Bombers top rookie, and will probably be top rookie in CFL brought in by Mack.

Blue Bombers top defensive player Alex Hall brought in by Mack.....

Closed Thread