HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders bold predictions 2012-13 season

Old
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Tavaresfan91

vCash: 500
Islanders bold predictions 2012-13 season

For me it's Tavares breaking 90 points and islanders finishing with the top 5 powerplay in the league and fight for a playoff spot. I'm optimistic

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:27 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
For me it's Tavares breaking 90 points and islanders finishing with the top 5 powerplay in the league and fight for a playoff spot. I'm optimistic
First one is possible...the others? Hey we can dream right?

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
First one is possible...the others? Hey we can dream right?
Haha our power play will be pretty solid but last ones a stretch lol

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:58 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
Haha our power play will be pretty solid but last ones a stretch lol
Oh I agree it will be solid, I think top-5 is a bit of a stretch, but def. improved from before.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:31 AM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

The powerplay was tied for 7th best in the league last year. Adding Vis, a top 5 powerplay really isn't a stretch at all.

If there even is a season this year.

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:15 AM
OlTimeHockey

I predict a trade of Viz by the second month of play (hopefully in November!) for a second rounder and we'll have five AHL'ers alternate in his spot between injuries, while our offense carries the team with weaker numbers.

And Rick might undisclose himself after six games somehow.

Moulson hits 40 goals is my bold prediction. (a more reliable but less lethal scoring threat on the opposing wing allows for better set ups)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Degeneration Rex

Travis Hamonic gets at least 35 points.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

They don't lose 4 out of 5 games in Dec/Jan like they always do, putting themselves in a hole after getting out of the gate quite hot, and then forcing themselves to try to climb back into the playoffs come Feb/March/April.

(Here's the realistic part: Oh wait, they have Cappy as coach.)

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:57 AM
StrongIslanders90

dont know if it counts as bold because he scored 24 last year but I say Okposto if healthy hits 30 goals finally...

Also Matt Martin will score more and fight less

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

Two really bold predictions:

Isles finish fourth in the Atlantic
They go the entire season using less then four goalies

I don't know which one is bolder?

Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Zanny

Bailey is placed on Tavares' wing and scores over 60 points.

Zanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:12 AM
19NYSports91

If the Islanders finish ahead of the Devils they will make the playoffs.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

BOLD PREDICTION:

Dipi plays 55 games (25-20-5)

Islanders have to win the last game of the season to make the playoffs....they lose 8-2.

9th place finish

CaptDenisPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

There's a hockey season

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 12:48 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

We improve

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 01:57 PM
original islander

These are my bold predictions for 2012-2013 season and beyond:

2012-2013:
a) frustrated with the ownership situation PW Junior decides to take matters into his own hands and buys a single Powerball ticket and wins 337 million. PW goes all in and gets Pat Lafontaine and other investors to join him and buys the Isles from Wang.
b) Boyes disappoints in camp and Strome replaces him on the Tavares line and is chosen as NHL Rookie of the Year. Tavares and Strome are called the new Trottier-Bossy.
c) Nabakov is injured early on and Poulin and Nillson form a Resch-Smith style duo and lead the Isles into the playoffs.
d) Similar to 1974-1975 the Isles fall behind Pittsburgh 3-0 only to win the next 4 games to advance to the semi-finals only to fall behind the eventual Stanley Cup winner Flyers 3-0 and lose in the deciding 7th game after another comeback.

2013-2014
a) frustrated with the arena situation PW Junior duplicates his success and buys one Mega Millions ticket and wins $410 Million and puts up an arena overnight in Nassau County and announces the team will begin play there in 2015-2016.
b) Isle youngsters place too much pressure on themselves and are upset by the underdog Rangers in the playoffs.

2014-2015
a) wanting to reward the fans PW buys a single NY Lotto ticket and wins 76 million. Based on the advice of senior advisor Rick Dipietro, PW buys a hot dog and a small soda for any HF poster who shows up for the final regular season game at NVMC.
b) realizing that he needs to get a veteran to help ease the pressure on Tavares, Garth Snow trades long time loyal Islanders Billy Harris and Dave Lewis to Los Angeles for Butch Goring. I'm sorry I mean Kyle Okposo and Andrew MacDonald for Mike Richards. The locker room becomes more relaxed with the care-free Richards.
c) Capuano decides to break up the Resch-Smith combo in the playoffs and go exclusively with Smith; I mean Poulin.
d)In their final season at NVMC Isles win the Stanley Cup in Game 6 on an OT goal by OT hero Matt Martin.

Beyond 2015
a) While Harris, Lewis and Resch watch broken hearted. I'm sorry KO, Amac and Nillson watch wondering what they did wrong and how cruel fate can be the Isles go on to win 4 straight cups.
b) 15 years from now KO and Amac watch as Mike Richards join an 75 year old Howie Rose and studio host Rick Dipietro to form the Isles broadcast team.

Prediction for myself- I will run naked through the streets of New Jersey this year during a blizzard yelling Islanders rule and will be placed in a facility in a straight jacket under heavy medication. Or we could have a season long lockout.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:08 PM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride of Chuckie View Post
There's a hockey season
Wayyyyy too bold there champ

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:17 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post

2012-2013:
a) frustrated with the ownership situation PW Junior decides to take matters into his own hands and buys a single Powerball ticket and wins 337 million. PW goes all in and gets Pat Lafontaine and other investors to join him and buys the Isles from Wang.
b) Boyes disappoints in camp and Strome replaces him on the Tavares line and is chosen as NHL Rookie of the Year. Tavares and Strome are called the new Trottier-Bossy.
c) Nabakov is injured early on and Poulin and Nillson form a Resch-Smith style duo and lead the Isles into the playoffs.
d) Similar to 1974-1975 the Isles fall behind Pittsburgh 3-0 only to win the next 4 games to advance to the semi-finals only to fall behind the eventual Stanley Cup winner Flyers 3-0 and lose in the deciding 7th game after another comeback.

2013-2014
a) frustrated with the arena situation PW Junior duplicates his success and buys one Mega Millions ticket and wins $410 Million and puts up an arena overnight in Nassau County and announces the team will begin play there in 2015-2016.
b) Isle youngsters place too much pressure on themselves and are upset by the underdog Rangers in the playoffs.

2014-2015
a) wanting to reward the fans PW buys a single NY Lotto ticket and wins 76 million. Based on the advice of senior advisor Rick Dipietro, PW buys a hot dog and a small soda for any HF poster who shows up for the final regular season game at NVMC.
b) realizing that he needs to get a veteran to help ease the pressure on Tavares, Garth Snow trades long time loyal Islanders Billy Harris and Dave Lewis to Los Angeles for Butch Goring. I'm sorry I mean Kyle Okposo and Andrew MacDonald for Mike Richards. The locker room becomes more relaxed with the care-free Richards.
c) Capuano decides to break up the Resch-Smith combo in the playoffs and go exclusively with Smith; I mean Poulin.
d)In their final season at NVMC Isles win the Stanley Cup in Game 6 on an OT goal by OT hero Matt Martin.

Beyond 2015
a) While Harris, Lewis and Resch watch broken hearted. I'm sorry KO, Amac and Nillson watch wondering what they did wrong and how cruel fate can be the Isles go on to win 4 straight cups.
b) 15 years from now KO and Amac watch as Mike Richards join an 75 year old Howie Rose and studio host Rick Dipietro to form the Isles broadcast team.

Prediction for myself- I will run naked through the streets of New Jersey this year during a blizzard yelling Islanders rule and will be placed in a facility in a straight jacket under heavy medication. Or we could have a season long lockout.
Haha, how did I get involved in all of this? I do like the part of winning the lottery... multiple times.

Please be psychic, please be psychic!

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, how did I get involved in all of this? I do like the part of winning the lottery... multiple times.

Please be psychic, please be psychic!
I included you because you seem to have a good natured sense of humor-hope you don't mind. I wouldn't give up my day job if I were you based on my psychic predictions.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 02:54 PM
majormet

Not much to predict boldness why, I think we will finish out of the playoffs.

Jesse Joenssuu will pickup 15 goals.... I think Moulson will get 40 goals. I think Bailey will not get 30 points.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 03:42 PM
islesfan3991

vCash: 50
Quote:

2012-2013:

2013-2014

2014-2015

Beyond 2015

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
That I can go more than one week of watching Islanders hockey with out smashing something or throwing the remote

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Pnut

Quote:
2012-2013:
Holy ****!

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:14 PM
JKP

Isles finish 5th in the East, go the Conference finals.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2012, 08:20 PM
KyleBailey12

1) Goal song is moved from crowd chant to a new unpopular song and then gets changed again

2) Reasoner scores a goal.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote