HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

World Of Warcraft: MoP edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2013, 05:55 PM
  #301
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
we finally downed the last boss in Throne of Thunder 10m! Our server is so bad that we have the 3rd best progress in raiding. pathetic stormrage the top 20 guilds have something like 2/3rds cleared heroic or higher. our server 2 guilds have downed even 1 boss in heroic
Damn, here on Area 52 the average pug goes nearly full clear, and I see pugs every now and then who manage to get some heroics.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 05:59 PM
  #302
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 15,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Damn, here on Area 52 the average pug goes nearly full clear, and I see pugs every now and then who manage to get some heroics.
goes to show you why people serious about raiding transfer to those packed servers like area 52, tichondrious, stormrage, etc. that being said a lot of servers are far behind those

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 12:23 PM
  #303
Use the Schwartz*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Anyone have any experience running a Draenei Shaman? Only level 21, still pretty much a noob so any advice would be appreciated!

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 01:00 PM
  #304
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Anyone have any experience running a Draenei Shaman? Only level 21, still pretty much a noob so any advice would be appreciated!
Elemental and Enhance are both really strong right now. Elemental is a lot easier to play though (and more noob friendly), so I'd suggest that as your leveling spec.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 01:23 PM
  #305
Ozamataz Buckshank
Registered User
 
Ozamataz Buckshank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Elemental and Enhance are both really strong right now. Elemental is a lot easier to play though (and more noob friendly), so I'd suggest that as your leveling spec.
not really. in terms of dps enhancement is one of the top specs in the game and elemental is below average. For leveling though it doesn't really matter much, except enhance aoe is absolutely awful for those times in pandaria where you have like 5-6 little mobs that have 40k hp. it's impossible to set up your fire nova without killing them, whereas ele can just chain lightning everything into oblivion.

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
  #306
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselForSelke View Post
not really. in terms of dps enhancement is one of the top specs in the game and elemental is below average. For leveling though it doesn't really matter much, except enhance aoe is absolutely awful for those times in pandaria where you have like 5-6 little mobs that have 40k hp. it's impossible to set up your fire nova without killing them, whereas ele can just chain lightning everything into oblivion.
In sims maybe but in real world data ele is stronger on most fights and one of the top specs in 10 man. Both are a bit worse in 25 though.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 08:01 PM
  #307
Finlandia WOAT
Sturgeon's Law
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 14,620
vCash: 500
I'm curious: where are destruction Warlocks ranked in dps?

__________________
"You sensed that you should be following a different path, a more ambitious one, you felt that you were destined for other things but you had no idea how to achieve them and in your misery you began to hate everything around you."
Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  #308
AKL
Registered User
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Nauru
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 50
RE: Elemental vs. Enhancement, Enhancement is for sure the better leveling spec. Much better survivability.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 10:37 PM
  #309
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
I'm curious: where are destruction Warlocks ranked in dps?
Near the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL View Post
RE: Elemental vs. Enhancement, Enhancement is for sure the better leveling spec. Much better survivability.
"Much better" is an overstatement. For a new player I'd still recommend ele. It's a lot simpler to play and the fact that it uses the same gear as resto is a big plus for dungeons.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 07:49 PM
  #310
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
Got my 10th Skyshard today. Pulled Alani on top of a hill, fell off, died, Alani despawned and now I have 0 Skyshards ;_;

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 01:27 AM
  #311
1994and2011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Elemental is not all that strong either 10 or 25. They've got good aoe cleave from CL spam but that's about it. Enhance is quite a bit harder so you might still be better off going Elemental anyway because of it being more forgiving. Shaman are usually more valuable for their utility than their damage. Elemental AoE is, for sure, a lot more fun than Enhance AoE.

Destruction is better than Demonology and Affliction at lower gear levels and it has really good aoe and add cleaving (not multidot) but it doesn't scale for crap and the single target damage is awful. Aff/Demo really outscale Destro once you're in ToT gear, particularly select trinkets. Destro is pretty easy to pick up though and has some huge crits.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...14/60/default/

You can look through 10 and 25, both normal and heroic. Avoid looking at Top 100 parses because of the sample size. Looking at specific fights will give you the best idea of how the specs play out, assuming you know why the mechanics affect the specs differently. The data can be skewed a little bit from guilds jumping through hoops to get their top DPS to rank on World of Logs, especially this late in a tier, but there's still a lot of data to counteract that behavior. Serious raiders can tend to flock to specs that sim even slightly higher than another and can skew the data a bit as well.

Also the next raid patch should be out within the next two months which means a lot of changes and probably a lot of hotfix nerfs/buffs, so expect things to change. Fire Mages are probably going to scale out of control like they always do at the end of an expansion.


Last edited by 1994and2011: 08-12-2013 at 02:35 AM.
1994and2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 02:00 AM
  #312
Use the Schwartz*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Quick question, and yes, i'm a newb

Just started a Troll Hunter, level 12. I did the whole thing at the beginning, shows a few cool conversations between Vol'Jin and Garrosh/Thrall. I know that VJ leads a rebellion against Garrosh and all that, but when do I get to experience more of the stuff leading up to that?? A friend of mine mentioned after 60, "Vanilla" ends. Is it then?

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 02:09 AM
  #313
1994and2011
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Quick question, and yes, i'm a newb

Just started a Troll Hunter, level 12. I did the whole thing at the beginning, shows a few cool conversations between Vol'Jin and Garrosh/Thrall. I know that VJ leads a rebellion against Garrosh and all that, but when do I get to experience more of the stuff leading up to that?? A friend of mine mentioned after 60, "Vanilla" ends. Is it then?
You'll be questing in Outland for levels roughly 60-70, Northrend roughly 70-80, and various old world zones added for 80-85. These were each the main setting for their respective expansions and because of that are kind of anachronistic to where the current story is.

Content up to level 60 was re-vamped in the last expansion so it reflects slightly outdated storylines for the most part. They might have recently re-done some aspects of Barrens/Durotar leveling for low level Hordies since Mists launched, but I don't know that for sure. The two zones play a small part again at 90 as one of the current quest hubs.

There are some seeds planted earlier, but the anti-Garrosh rebellion arc starts getting explored once you get into Pandalanda content at 85, with a greater emphasis on it when you reach 90 and certain quest lines and instances become available. When the next patch hits is when the Orgrimmar invasion starts for real.

You aren't likely going to experience a lot of the Warchief turmoil until you level cap. Maybe bits here and there.

You'll probably blow through it, but I would try to enjoy the Burning Crusade and especially the Lich King zones as there are some great environments and lore, particularly Northrend. Veteran players are often sick of them though if they've dragged a lot of alts through there.


Last edited by 1994and2011: 08-12-2013 at 02:40 AM.
1994and2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 12:16 PM
  #314
kingsholygrail
Member berries!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 58,727
vCash: 500
Official teaser for 5.4 is out. Pretty high quality and a likely glimpse of future model quality for the core races when they do the model update.


kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM
  #315
Mike Emrick
Moderator
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240,301
vCash: 500
GTA in a month. Should resub, after all a month goes by so fast when you play WoW

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 02:10 PM
  #316
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
I resubscribed a couple months ago for like a week. I ran a couple of dungeons and did a few quests in Pandaria but didn't even hit level 86 before cancelling my subscription again.

As one of the few hardcore players who actually knew and understood the lore, I'm pitching a tent after seeing that trailer. It makes me want to come back and play really badly -- I can't even say I've really wanted to play period since the release of Lich King, so to now actually want to go on and play is an odd (but familiar) feeling.

I guess the education system is getting back at me for completely ignoring it for four years in favor of World of Warcraft by means of my semester starting up in less than two weeks.

Why the hell couldn't they have made raids like this in Wrath or Cataclysm?

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  #317
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
I resubscribed a couple months ago for like a week. I ran a couple of dungeons and did a few quests in Pandaria but didn't even hit level 86 before cancelling my subscription again.

As one of the few hardcore players who actually knew and understood the lore, I'm pitching a tent after seeing that trailer. It makes me want to come back and play really badly -- I can't even say I've really wanted to play period since the release of Lich King, so to now actually want to go on and play is an odd (but familiar) feeling.

I guess the education system is getting back at me for completely ignoring it for four years in favor of World of Warcraft by means of my semester starting up in less than two weeks.

Why the hell couldn't they have made raids like this in Wrath or Cataclysm?
I get the itch to play once every year or so. I come back for a month and I get sick of it again. Then I tell myself that it will be the last time I ever play it again. 1 year later, I'm back again and it just keeps repeating lol

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
  #318
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Clown Fiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I get the itch to play once every year or so. I come back for a month and I get sick of it again. Then I tell myself that it will be the last time I ever play it again. 1 year later, I'm back again and it just keeps repeating lol
This.

So that being said anyone got game time laying around? I saw a return for 7 days free deal and my friend just went back so I was going to do that but it must have expired lol. I'd rather trade for some game time than sub right now.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:01 PM
  #319
karnige
Real Life FTL
 
karnige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 15,288
vCash: 500
subs still at 7.5 million. this game is def not going anywhere anytime soon. can't wait for warlords. sick of pandaland

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
  #320
Mike Emrick
Moderator
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240,301
vCash: 500
Didn't really play much during last sub, but that wasn't because of the game. Just no time.

Still fun to level up , but once you've leveled up, there really isn't much to do.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
  #321
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
New expansion sounds awful. I'll probably try it out but after what was announced yesterday I don't expect I'll enjoy it much.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
  #322
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Scotland
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 50
just about the only interesting thing about the new expansion is the AV-style PVP zone. rest sounds bleh. No new race, no new class.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
  #323
Benny Lava
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim
Country: Marshall Islands
Posts: 8,044
vCash: 500
Lol the stuff they've announced today is even worse. I can easily see these ******** changes driving a lot of people away.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 02:58 PM
  #324
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Clown Fiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Lol the stuff they've announced today is even worse. I can easily see these ******** changes driving a lot of people away.
Kind of what I've expected from a lot of the changes over time. Still keep people playing tough, and as soon as numbers dip they'll probably just go F2P and milk a bunch more time out of it.

The most fun I've ever had in wow was BWL 40 man, all down hill since then. That grind to 60 in vanilla was absolutely brutal. But you felt like the **** when you finally got it. The community used to be quite a bit better as well as the events. Like the gates of AQ thing.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
  #325
Mike Emrick
Moderator
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 240,301
vCash: 500
It is what it is. Come back for a month, take care of leveling, and then go off on another break. You can't play consistently anymore. Not enough to do once you hit the cap.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.