HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

World Of Warcraft: MoP edition

Old
01-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Shadowthrone
The Big Fix

vCash: 500
Back after a nearly 3 year break and loving it

I left during Lich King because the Batllegrounds were a complete cluster**** with players just leeching honorpoints for PvP gear for the arena.

The Cataclysm zones were kind of okay, but Pandaria is just beautiful.

Hitting Lvl 90 with my mage soon and leveling a Druid, Lvl 72 now, to piss of some Alliance

Fun class, but will take quite a bit of time to master I guess

Shadowthrone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Regions so much crowded now that a bunch of people from other realms are leveling with me

Always carcasses around while trying to quest

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:12 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappy View Post
Both glaives in two days? I've never even heard of that happening. You sir should go buy a lottery ticket
I think I should.

Got a binding and Eye of Sulfuras on my MC run on Tuesday.

That's 4 legendaries in the spam of 8 days.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:01 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

That nostalgia...

Second "best" KJ kill at the time according to that one ****ing stats website everyone went boners over.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

10 day trial expires soon

Will say that it's been a great experience and I would gladly resub sometime in the near future. The game has made positive steps, as seen in looting mechanisms (loot the group of carcasses instead of looting each individual body)

I still lean against the shared worlds, as every region is populated with people from other servers. It actually impacts your questing, as you have to rush to "tag" one target while in combat, before the other guy does, just so you can get credit.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:30 AM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
10 day trial expires soon

Will say that it's been a great experience and I would gladly resub sometime in the near future. The game has made positive steps, as seen in looting mechanisms (loot the group of carcasses instead of looting each individual body)

I still lean against the shared worlds, as every region is populated with people from other servers. It actually impacts your questing, as you have to rush to "tag" one target while in combat, before the other guy does, just so you can get credit.
Just like the good ol' days.

While I quit back at the end of November due to my laptop being a POS, MoP was definitely a step in the right direction to take the game back to more of a world instead of a queue system.

Glad you guys are enjoying it.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Contemplating making a return, who is active with a decent guild that raids or will be raiding and is casual with a serious side?

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Contemplating making a return, who is active with a decent guild that raids or will be raiding and is casual with a serious side?
I raid with two guilds; my "serious" guild is 25 man in (A) Tichrondrius, current progress at 16/16 with 4/16HM.

My IRL friends guild raids only 3 hours a week, currently 8/16, in (H) Bonechewer. I raid lead in it. Maybe that's why we suck

If interested in joining, shoot me a PM.

Chobomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Something in between those two would be ideal lol. I'll have to kick it around as a full comeback with transfers is going to be expensive.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

got the 3rd boss down to 9 percent in heart of fear with my guild last night. So close! Slowly making progress. How some guilds have cleared 3 raids regular and most heroic is beyong me. Blizz has released some tough content.

karnige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
got the 3rd boss down to 9 percent in heart of fear with my guild last night. So close! Slowly making progress. How some guilds have cleared 3 raids regular and most heroic is beyong me. Blizz has released some tough content.
It really depends on how much raid time one gets; more practice = more dead bosses (better gear doesn't hurt either!).

You guys 2 or 3 healing that fight (Garalon)? If meeting enrage is a problem even with 2 heals, try different kiting options and take more stacks to lessen the Crush frequencies. Don't forget to lust off the bat. Good luck!

Old
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

we tried 2 and 3 healers. We keep hitting the enrage. Gear isnt to bad tbh. We let the stacks hit 20 and do do pop hero at the beginning. we have a few ppl on legs and the rest on the body. That a good strategy?

Old
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
we tried 2 and 3 healers. We keep hitting the enrage. Gear isnt to bad tbh. We let the stacks hit 20 and do do pop hero at the beginning. we have a few ppl on legs and the rest on the body. That a good strategy?
As far as I can see, your strat looks good (20 stacks, lust on pull). Who are the classes doing the kiting though? (some classes lose horrible dps when moving)

Make sure dot classes are multi-dotting and cleavers are, well, cleaving. Try to have the DPS in the green circle near the legs as much as possible for the damage buff. DPS better be double potting. A disc priest can go Atonement for some extra deeps and a resto druid should be specced into Heart of the Wild for initial pull burst damage (if you have those healers in your comp). Any time a healer has downtime they should put in deeps, a little goes a long way.

Towards the end, the raid leader has to make the important judgment call on whether to kill more legs or stay on body for that last few mil HP. Good luck!

Old
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
As far as I can see, your strat looks good (20 stacks, lust on pull). Who are the classes doing the kiting though? (some classes lose horrible dps when moving)

Make sure dot classes are multi-dotting and cleavers are, well, cleaving. Try to have the DPS in the green circle near the legs as much as possible for the damage buff. DPS better be double potting. A disc priest can go Atonement for some extra deeps and a resto druid should be specced into Heart of the Wild for initial pull burst damage (if you have those healers in your comp). Any time a healer has downtime they should put in deeps, a little goes a long way.

Towards the end, the raid leader has to make the important judgment call on whether to kill more legs or stay on body for that last few mil HP. Good luck!
could be our kiting causing dps loss. we have a pally, DK, shaman or priest. depedning on 2 or 3 healers.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Finlandia WOAT

Feel lucky, we're still banging our heads against Elegon (though I started 3 weeks ago).

Though we think that part of the problem is that we don't kite the Celestials off of the platform.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
could be our kiting causing dps loss. we have a pally, DK, shaman or priest. depedning on 2 or 3 healers.
TBH that is definitely not the ideal comp for kiting, maybe try it with some other classes, it may make the difference with the DPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan The Parade View Post
Feel lucky, we're still banging our heads against Elegon (though I started 3 weeks ago).

Though we think that part of the problem is that we don't kite the Celestials off of the platform.
If the big add is not off the platform when it dies, basically it will more or less wipe the raid, so definitely have the raid practice that part down perfectly.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Finlandia WOAT

Quote:

If the big add is not off the platform when it dies, basically it will more or less wipe the raid, so definitely have the raid practice that part down perfectly.
Yea, we were two healing it, and almost always would lose someone in phase 1.

We were confused because that nifty dungeon guide they now include said a flat 200k. But it was taking me from 100% to 15% on some occasions.

With this info, I fully expect us to down Vaults tonight.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:

We were confused because that nifty dungeon guide they now include said a flat 200k. But it was taking me from 100% to 15% on some occasions.

That 200k is without the 50% damage buff from the platform. Pull it off at 20% and with a raid cooldown it shouldn't do much damage at all.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Chobomin

Quote:

Good luck with Elegon! It should be a breeze now! (nerfed the frequency of big adds iirc)

Last boss is cake, only took our group a few pulls to down it. Remember to 2 heal and tell the melee not to suck at dancing

Old
01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Finlandia WOAT

Quote:
Good luck with Elegon! It should be a breeze now! (nerfed the frequency of big adds iirc)

Last boss is cake, only took our group a few pulls to down it. Remember to 2 heal and tell the melee not to suck at dancing
Elegon wasn't a breeze for us, but after several wipes we got it down. Had to go to 11 stacks to do it, went from 90 million to 0 in 20 seconds.

The last fight was cake, we nearly one shoted it, save for the adds that started spawning after the gas became permanent. Half of the raid panicked and tried to deal with the adds while the other half focused on the boss. Wipe .

The next time was easy as pie. And I'm finally geared for LFR Terrace and HoF.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Chobomin

Quote:
Elegon wasn't a breeze for us, but after several wipes we got it down. Had to go to 11 stacks to do it, went from 90 million to 0 in 20 seconds.

The last fight was cake, we nearly one shoted it, save for the adds that started spawning after the gas became permanent. Half of the raid panicked and tried to deal with the adds while the other half focused on the boss. Wipe .

The next time was easy as pie. And I'm finally geared for LFR Terrace and HoF.
Nice! Gratz on Elegon kill, he is definitely the hardest boss in MSV.

Haha yea the adds on the last gas phase usually make people piss their pants for some reason. All you gotta do is CC them and focus on boss while they are CC'ed. We had our new mage drop a frost ring tonight and all was well.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Well the comeback begins, leveling my warrior and I must say it's not bad. Played GW2 pretty heavily when I was away from WoW and I missed the quests, even if they are ridiculous at times. But who cares right, that's not even the point of these games. I want to do end game and GW2's is pathetic, so I will just steam roll these quests and get raid ready lol.

Happy to see the 200+ glyphs I had are still worth something, came back and am making 1k gold a day on the AH.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Chobomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Well the comeback begins, leveling my warrior and I must say it's not bad. Played GW2 pretty heavily when I was away from WoW and I missed the quests, even if they are ridiculous at times. But who cares right, that's not even the point of these games. I want to do end game and GW2's is pathetic, so I will just steam roll these quests and get raid ready lol.

Happy to see the 200+ glyphs I had are still worth something, came back and am making 1k gold a day on the AH.
Lol I only have 4k gold... I envy inscriptionists...

Old
01-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Lol I only have 4k gold... I envy inscriptionists...
It's an amazing profession. I just logged on and saw I had mail, two glyphs 1400g. Yay! Then I go to cancel and repost my auctions because I had been slacking today, and I was undercut first to 350g which is pretty standard and then to 30g... The people posting at 30g are morons, completely cheating themselves out of 200-300g.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115

Just had the Battle of Alberta in a 2v2 match.

We played against a warlock named Kiprusoff, while I was on my mage, Rnh.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote