HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nikolay Prokhorkin signed to 3 year ELC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-04-2012, 09:07 AM
  #1
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Nikolay Prokhorkin signed to 3 year ELC

I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:04 AM
  #2
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Porkins!



Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
  #3
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.
Likely, but he'll probably get a look in Manchester's camp to see if he can make it there as well. That's what happened with both Voinov, and Loktionov in this situation.

Also in before Bunny comes along and drops a "Porkins says: Stay on target!" gif or comment.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
  #4
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Also in before Bunny comes along and drops a "Porkins says: Stay on target!" gif or comment.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
  #5
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Dang! The shame...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM
  #6
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
lol That just made my morning

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
  #7
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I assume a link to the prospect signing thread where Caley, our prospect signing guru, says he's been inked (as per capgeek) will suffice:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=749

I'd assume he's heading to the CHL? The London Knights just grabbed him in the Import Draft.
CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:03 PM
  #8
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.
Well the Knights already have Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov on D...
Maatta played for the Knights last year. Zadorov is a 95 though so you have to think if Porkins is sent down, London makes room for him. I'm thinking this is simply an in case he makes the AHL situation.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:36 PM
  #9
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
CHL teams can only have two imports max per team. If the Knights don't have room for him, he either has to be traded or he has to play in the AHL, if he wants to stay in North America (Europe is always an option for anyone). The signing makes him eligible for Manchester or LA. Still, it's great to see the commitment from him.
On August 30th, London announced they has retained 28 players from camp for exhibition play. Here's the list: http://www.londonknights.com/article...n-with-knights

Porkins isn't on that list. Two names, Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov, appear European (didn't look them up, so I'm not confirming that. That said, Zadorov is for sure as he was also picked in the 2012 Import Draft by the Knights) so you may have a point. Perhaps LA has already said they want him in Manchester?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:05 PM
  #10
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 334
vCash: 500



What, no Kitsyn?

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:18 PM
  #11
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,083
vCash: 672
Best pick we made in the draft. Kid is such a great prospect. Love it.

cnshockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:24 AM
  #12
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Well the Knights already have Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov on D...
Maatta played for the Knights last year. Zadorov is a 95 though so you have to think if Porkins is sent down, London makes room for him. I'm thinking this is simply an in case he makes the AHL situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
On August 30th, London announced they has retained 28 players from camp for exhibition play. Here's the list: http://www.londonknights.com/article...n-with-knights

Porkins isn't on that list. Two names, Olli Maatta and Nikita Zadorov, appear European (didn't look them up, so I'm not confirming that. That said, Zadorov is for sure as he was also picked in the 2012 Import Draft by the Knights) so you may have a point. Perhaps LA has already said they want him in Manchester?
Yeah, Maata was already on the Knights and Zadorov was the Knights' first round pick in the import draft this year.

So Prokhorkin either goes to the AHL, or his rights have to be traded to another OHL team.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:05 AM
  #13
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canonica - Bergamo
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Best pick we made in the draft. Kid is such a great prospect. Love it.
this

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:34 AM
  #14
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26,010
vCash: 500
That is godly hockey name.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
  #15
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,311
vCash: 500
He's right with us, Red Three!

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
  #16
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
  #17
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?
He has been freed.

He will honor his contract with the team.

Don't be surprised when he ends up in Manchester for opening night.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
  #18
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
He's right with us, Red Three!
Nicely played!

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
  #19
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
You guys are aware he has a contract in the KHL and this signing is a violation of the agreement between KHL and NHL?
Frankly, I couldn't care less if this is true or not.

If it is, then the NHL/KHL will figure it out. I highly doubt the NHL would approve the contract though if he already had one in Russia.

What will likely happen if he has a contract in Russia is the NHL one won't kick in until Porkins comes over here to play after his one in Russia expires. For all we know, that's included in this contract that it doesn't take effect until after the Russian one is done.

Or TG could be right, Porkins was freed and he's cleared as Kings property.

All I know is DL does his homework on Russians and their desire to come over to NA to play. Loktionov, Voynov and Kitsyn have come over (and Kitsyn will likely return after this upcoming season) and it seems like Porkins wants to come over too. I doubt we'll have a problem as a result of this.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
  #20
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
He has been freed.

He will honor his contract with the team.

Don't be surprised when he ends up in Manchester for opening night.
According to CSKA officials he just left the team without notice...

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:54 PM
  #21
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
According to CSKA officials he just left the team without notice...
Yup.

He is NA bound.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 12:07 AM
  #22
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
  #23
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
/close

You win this thread!

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
  #24
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I hope he makes it as a King and stays for a long time, just so we can have several years of this stuff. It's awesome.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
  #25
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I hope he makes it as a King and stays for a long time, just so we can have several years of this stuff. It's awesome.
We can only hope!

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.