Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

2012 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Browns giving out promotional white flags to their fans Sunday lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4624--nfl.html

Old
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

Yep.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1295949

Old
11-23-2012, 02:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-23-2012, 02:42 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
That twitter guy stopped being funny a long time ago.

Yes they are. Completion percentage is a rate stat and attempts is a counting stat so I'm not sure why they have any correlation. Smith is not a check down king since his RB's has few receptions.

If you want to put down his completion %, look at his YPA. (His YPA by the way is good for 2nd in the NFL)
What is more impressive, Alex Smith 152-217 for 70% or Tony Romo 302-456 for 66%? Alex Smith throws the ball the least out of all starting QB's, has a good o-line, good running game, elite defense, and a great head coach, that makes Alex Smith. Kaepernick has higher upside and has been developing for the last 1.5 years. I think Kaepernick can do everything Alex Smith is doing right now for the 49ers, but better.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW52 View Post
What is more impressive, Alex Smith 152-217 for 70% or Tony Romo 302-456 for 66%? Alex Smith throws the ball the least out of all starting QB's, has a good o-line, good running game, elite defense, and a great head coach, that makes Alex Smith. Kaepernick has higher upside and has been developing for the last 1.5 years. I think Kaepernick can do everything Alex Smith is doing right now for the 49ers, but better.
I've made my case for Smith. But in the grand scheme of things, Harbaugh is going to make the decision. I am glad he feels we have two QBs of merit to choose from, compared to the crap we've had in the past. I hope whomever he puts in thrives and succeeds. I do not wish ill will on my own team so why wish for Kappy to fail? I will cheer him on as hard as everyone else on the team. As long as it works out in the end I do not care. But if it fails it isn't Smith or Kappy the blame will fall on, it's Harbaugh.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:47 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

Quote:
I've made my case for Smith. But in the grand scheme of things, Harbaugh is going to make the decision. I am glad he feels we have two QBs of merit to choose from, compared to the crap we've had in the past. I hope whomever he puts in thrives and succeeds. I do not wish ill will on my own team so why wish for Kappy to fail? I will cheer him on as hard as everyone else on the team. As long as it works out in the end I do not care. But if it fails it isn't Smith or Kappy the blame will fall on, it's Harbaugh.
I never said I wanted him to fail? In the end i don't really care who starts as long as they win, but Kaepernick can beat you with his arm or his legs. The 49ers have problems in the redzone and Kapernick looked great there vs the Bears. If Harbaugh is why Alex Smith is good then why can't Kaepernick who has a better arm, better speed and higher upside do the same under Harbaugh? Heck they might even get more creative on offense with Kaep because he can do a lot of things that Smith can't. Also if Kaepernick is named the starter they can trade/release Smith and use the money to sign Bowman and Goldson, granted i don't know how much AS is making. If Kaep starts and stinks it up vs the Saints Harbaugh can always say they wanted to give Smith more time to recover and start Smith vs the Rams.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:04 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Tony Romo throws because his team isn't very good and is constantly behind in football games. Alex Smith does not have to throw 50 times in a game because the 49ers are actually a good team that doesn't fall behind in games every week. Romo's running game is a joke, while Smith's is not. I'm not going to blame Alex Smith for the 49ers putting a good running game together. Do you actually think that the 49ers are going to chuck the ball up 40 times now with Kaepernick?

What are Smith's and Romo's TD to INT ratio's?

I really don't mind who starts but I really don't get why people have to devalue the year that Smith has had this year. It's OK if a team has 2 good QB's.

Quote:
I never said I wanted him to fail? In the end i don't really care who starts as long as they win, but Kaepernick can beat you with his arm or his legs. The 49ers have problems in the redzone and Kapernick looked great there vs the Bears. If Harbaugh is why Alex Smith is good then why can't Kaepernick who has a better arm, better speed and higher upside do the same under Harbaugh? Heck they might even get more creative on offense with Kaep because he can do a lot of things that Smith can't. Also if Kaepernick is named the starter they can trade/release Smith and use the money to sign Bowman and Goldson, granted i don't know how much AS is making. If Kaep starts and stinks it up vs the Saints Harbaugh can always say they wanted to give Smith more time to recover and start Smith vs the Rams.
The 49ers have not had a problem in the red zone this year. That was last year's problem. The Niners are 9th in red zone TD% this year - with Smith. He's not a problem there this year.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
I was discussing my views. I made my case for Smith but just because Kappy starts doesn't mean I want him to fail, which subsequently hurts my team. I was describing myself, not anyone else.

Smith is under a three-year, $24M contract that is about $8M annually. Guaranteed money was not known at the signing.

As for Harbaugh, why play games and say this and that and backpedal? Just say who the starter is and be done with it. No games, no hiding anything, just name it and go on. This stuff he is doing is about as bad, if not worse, than the Sanchez/Tebow stuff that Rex Ryan eggs on in New York.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Tony Romo throws because his team isn't very good and is constantly behind in football games. Alex Smith does not have to throw 50 times in a game because the 49ers are actually a good team that doesn't fall behind in games every week. Romo's running game is a joke, while Smith's is not. I'm not going to blame Alex Smith for the 49ers putting a good running game together. Do you actually think that the 49ers are going to chuck the ball up 40 times now with Kaepernick?

I really don't mind who starts but I really don't get why people have to devalue the year that Smith has had this year. It's OK if a team has 2 good QB's.

The 49ers have not had a problem in the red zone this year. That was last year's problem. The Niners are 9th in red zone TD% this year - with Smith. He's not a problem there this year.
For this season so far:

Alex Smith - 13 TD passes and 5 INT (2.6 TDs per INT)
Tony Romo - 16 TD passes and 15 INT (1.07 TDs per INT)

Smith does what has been asked of him. Harbaugh knows what Smith's strengths and weaknesses are. So, he doesn't ask him to make a lot of plays. With Kaepernick, he can ask the QB to do a bit more because he has better overall skills.

I think however, Harbaugh would have been better at the beginning of the week to say that CK is the starter because Smith hasn't been cleared to practice (until late in the week), so he's more comfortable going with CK to ensure Smith is fully healthy. Once Smith is able to practice with the team, he'll re-evaluate the situation.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:18 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

Quote:

That's the thing. Smith benefits from a good o-line that opens up the running game and an elite defense. Which is why his numbers are so good. He rarely has to throw the ball meaning less mistakes/INT. Also I would take Romo over Smith.

And yeah had no idea the redzone offense was top 10 this year. That's good to know considering Akers is crap this year.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:19 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
For this season so far:

Alex Smith - 13 TD passes and 5 INT (2.6 TDs per INT)
Tony Romo - 16 TD passes and 15 INT (1.07 TDs per INT)

Smith does what has been asked of him. Harbaugh knows what Smith's strengths and weaknesses are. So, he doesn't ask him to make a lot of plays. With Kaepernick, he can ask the QB to do a bit more because he has better overall skills.

I think however, Harbaugh would have been better at the beginning of the week to say that CK is the starter because Smith hasn't been cleared to practice (until late in the week), so he's more comfortable going with CK to ensure Smith is fully healthy. Once Smith is able to practice with the team, he'll re-evaluate the situation.
I think the only reason he's holding off naming the starter because he wants the Saints to prepare for both. This is purely a competitive move.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:23 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

Quote:
I was discussing my views. I made my case for Smith but just because Kappy starts doesn't mean I want him to fail, which subsequently hurts my team. I was describing myself, not anyone else.

Smith is under a three-year, $24M contract that is about $8M annually. Guaranteed money was not known at the signing.

As for Harbaugh, why play games and say this and that and backpedal? Just say who the starter is and be done with it. No games, no hiding anything, just name it and go on. This stuff he is doing is about as bad, if not worse, than the Sanchez/Tebow stuff that Rex Ryan eggs on in New York.
That's Harbaugh for you. He rarely gives out any detail of the plans of the team. Always has a short simple answer in his pressers. Some don't like it(Reporters), but I do. Also like others have said maybe Harbaugh wants the Saints to prepare for 2 QB's? The saints lost to 2 mobile QB's in RG3 and Cam Newton.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:33 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
That's Harbaugh for you. He rarely gives out any detail of the plans of the team. Always has a short simple answer in his pressers. Some don't like it(Reporters), but I do. Also like others have said maybe Harbaugh wants the Saints to prepare for 2 QB's? The saints lost to 2 mobile QB's in RG3 and Cam Newton.
Saints beat Vick and Freeman though

Old
11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Saints beat Vick and Freeman though
Freeman isn't a mobile QB in that class. But yes, he is black.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Freeman isn't a mobile QB in that class. But yes, he is black.
Freeman doesn't run with the ball, but I'd still say he is a mobile QB

Old
11-23-2012, 07:01 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Freeman doesn't run with the ball, but I'd still say he is a mobile QB
Not as mobile as RG3, Cam and Vick. Point is the Saints defense is complete garbage and I think Kaepernick can run all over them.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
I would compare Freeman to Cutler in mobility

He can burn a D if he takes off ,, Doesn't look to run but will if it is available

Old
11-23-2012, 07:06 PM
SHAR KS
Choking Hazard

I think it's already obvious that Kaepernick will start on Sunday. Also saw a stat that said Kaepernick attempted 4 20+ yards throws vs the Bears. Smith attempted 3 in his last 3 games.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Nose of Sutter

A little late on this, but no surprise that the Chargers-Ravens game will be blacked out in Southern California as the Chargers still have 9,000 tickets left unsold.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
That twitter guy stopped being funny a long time ago.
Ya. He used to be hilarious, now he's just played out, unfunny and repeats material. He still has a good one everyone once in a while though.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
A little late on this, but no surprise that the Chargers-Ravens game will be blacked out in Southern California as the Chargers still have 9,000 tickets left unsold.
Atlanta-Tampa Bay is blacked out here, too. Might be one of the best 1 p.m. games on the schedule.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:12 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Atlanta-Tampa Bay is blacked out here, too. Might be one of the best 1 p.m. games on the schedule.
Tampa is playing some great football and with play makers like Muscle Hamster and Vincent Jackson on offense, why can't they draw?

At least you can argue San Diego is simply sick of the annual "lets wait until December" show under Norv Turner...

Old
11-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Clowe Me

A lot of unemployed people in the TB area.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:19 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
A lot of unemployed people in the TB area.
More than fair enough, thanks.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
More than fair enough, thanks.
Yeah the economy totally sucks here.

Closed Thread