HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Green and Alex Ovechkin: Leading the league in goals

Old
04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

vCash: 500
Mike Green and Alex Ovechkin: Leading the league in goals

Greenie will end up having the most goals for a Dman while OV will win the Richard. It happened in 2009 and I remember they said its very rare. Congrats to them! Great comeback years for both!

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Hellz yeah.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Lawrencejame

damnit green, why did u have to miss 13 games...might of been a hart/norris year lol

Lawrencejame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 10:57 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

NHL leader in goals at both F and D. 25+% PP. SE division crown. 3 point-per-game players. Rags in the first round.

It's totally 2009 right now.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:23 PM
ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Unless Jeff Carter pulls a Joe Malone, that is.

Seriously though, pretty impressive feat.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 11:38 PM
PensFan6687

I took Ovie in the first round of my pool (I usually always win and I was put down for it (looking genius now), and I have owned Mike Green for 4 years in my keeper league.. I know he had the groin problems, but I saw guys like Martin Havlat come over those injuries. Granted he sucks now, but he was doing very well for a few seasons. Another guy that everyone wrote off, Justin Williams (former band aid boy, no longer relevant) has been very healthy and relevant. I am not even a Caps fan, but I love proving a point. Even when my best friend who is a Capitals fan wrote off Ovie, this Crosby fan didn't. Makes you think. You don't have to be a fan of a player to know guys go through funks, and a funk was a 85 point season and a 38 goal season. Yeah... what a funk..

Congratulations Capital fans! This is why you don't write off players, especially young ones. Not everyone is a Barry Pederson.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:03 AM
AlexBrovechkin8

A non-troll Penguins fan who speaks positively about Ovechkin... interesting. Welcome.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 12:40 AM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
A non-troll Penguins fan who speaks positively about Ovechkin... interesting. Welcome.
I can't stand trolls, so I don't see the sense in being one. I can't stand hypocrites either.

Okay, I can be a hypocrite from time to time, but not when it comes to this.

Old
04-28-2013, 12:42 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
He's done it before here too. This guy even supported Green when we were all down on him this year. They exist, but seem to avoid the main boards like most rational people (although if I had to guess, PensFan6687 actually just happens to be one of the extremely rare dual Crosby/Ovechkin fanboys, right?).

Anyway it is pretty remarkable what they've done (again). EA NHL is going to have to record some new sound bites

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 01:05 AM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
He's done it before here too. This guy even supported Green when we were all down on him this year. They exist, but seem to avoid the main boards like most rational people (although if I had to guess, PensFan6687 actually just happens to be one of the extremely rare dual Crosby/Ovechkin fanboys, right?).

Anyway it is pretty remarkable what they've done (again). EA NHL is going to have to record some new sound bites
I wouldn't say I am a fan (eh, maybe I am), I respect the guys' game and I think it was ignorant and narrow minded of some to say he was finished or done. Ovie isn't the first great player to be in a funk (and what's funny is last year was considered part of that funk, yet he still put up 38 goals). People forget easily, but I do appreciate his game, and he is fun to watch. I just don't care for the neon laces, the tinted visor, the fact he tucks his jersey in his pants. Then again, he is just trying to be different. And he's not hurting anyone.. see even when I want to fault the guy for something, I can't. I am an odd fan.

Seriously, how can you really dislike a guy who makes kids smile. Scores goals at an insane rate in a league that doesn't give too much room like the offensive hayday of the 80's, or the flip flopping scrawny goalies who had next-to-no technical value to their game compared to today. Or the fact he hits you like a freight train. Plus I snicker when all my Caps fan friends around me have pretty much given up and I say he's still good.. My one friend, didn't even wear his Ovechkin 8 Caps jersey to the 6-1 pounding that you gave to the Jets game. I looked over to my friend, and I said, is it weird that the Crosby fan is telling you, I told you so about Ovie? I love irony.

And the more I see him play the more I am actually finding myself entertained, so maybe I am warming up.... But let it be known, I loathe the Philadelphia Flyers and Claude Giroux.

Old
04-28-2013, 09:45 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
I wouldn't say I am a fan (eh, maybe I am), I respect the guys' game and I think it was ignorant and narrow minded of some to say he was finished or done. Ovie isn't the first great player to be in a funk (and what's funny is last year was considered part of that funk, yet he still put up 38 goals). People forget easily, but I do appreciate his game, and he is fun to watch. I just don't care for the neon laces, the tinted visor, the fact he tucks his jersey in his pants. Then again, he is just trying to be different. And he's not hurting anyone.. see even when I want to fault the guy for something, I can't. I am an odd fan.

Seriously, how can you really dislike a guy who makes kids smile. Scores goals at an insane rate in a league that doesn't give too much room like the offensive hayday of the 80's, or the flip flopping scrawny goalies who had next-to-no technical value to their game compared to today. Or the fact he hits you like a freight train. Plus I snicker when all my Caps fan friends around me have pretty much given up and I say he's still good.. My one friend, didn't even wear his Ovechkin 8 Caps jersey to the 6-1 pounding that you gave to the Jets game. I looked over to my friend, and I said, is it weird that the Crosby fan is telling you, I told you so about Ovie? I love irony.

And the more I see him play the more I am actually finding myself entertained, so maybe I am warming up.... But let it be known, I loathe the Philadelphia Flyers and Claude Giroux.
Fair enough And don't worry; we have no love for the Flyers (except our beat writer ).

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Also, Holtby finished one win away from the league lead.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:52 AM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
NHL leader in goals at both F and D. 25+% PP. SE division crown. 3 point-per-game players. Rags in the first round.

It's totally 2009 right now.

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson View Post
Also, Holtby finished one win away from the league lead.
Extra impressive when you see that he played at least six fewer games than each of the three ahead of him.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687;
My one friend, didn't even wear his Ovechkin 8 Caps jersey to the 6-1 pounding that you gave to the Jets game. I looked over to my friend, and I said, is it weird that the Crosby fan is telling you, I told you so about Ovie? I love irony.
Don't forget I was also hoping the Jets would win and make the playoffs because we knew how big the game was. I did give up on Ovie and I know I'm not the only one and also think he gave up on us as well. For some strange reason, after that game the old Ovie came back and the rest is history.

If it takes not wearing my favorite player jersey at a game to spark him, I'd do it again.

Jaffray15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 02:43 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffray15 View Post
Don't forget I was also hoping the Jets would win and make the playoffs because we knew how big the game was. I did give up on Ovie and I know I'm not the only one and also think he gave up on us as well. For some strange reason, after that game the old Ovie came back and the rest is history.

If it takes not wearing my favorite player jersey at a game to spark him, I'd do it again.
If only you had that power Mike. This is the culprit! Get him!!! btw Surprised you didn't correct me, the 6-1 game was the second of the two ass whoopings the Capitals gave to our Jets. I meant the 4-0 beating. That was the first game Ovie came out of his so-called slump. Well, slump by his standards. I even said to you he could bounce back... Either way, those were the two games that jumpstarted his old ways and that hit on Jeff Skinner (yeah, he's a Cane, but still), showed he was back. Glad the Pens don't play him in the opening round.

Anyway, as always I look smart in my hockey pool selections. hehe

Oh and to shed some light on Mike Green's season, he had a 43 goal pace in his past 19 games. Once Ovie's fire gets lit, it seems the rest fall in suit. He truly is the leader of that team.

Last edited by PensFan6687: 04-29-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old
04-28-2013, 02:48 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Fair enough And don't worry; we have no love for the Flyers (except our beat writer ).
btw Mike Ridley, your old assistant captain (was he ever a captain?) lives a few blocks away from my parents house. Maybe a couple actually now that I think about it.

And back to my buddy Mike, just giving you a hard time. Most Caps fans were pissy. Except my buddy Todd, he was pretty persistent on the idea they had to get adapted to the new system. Once they did, they would take off. Damn you Todd and your tattoo wearing Eagle ripping off a Penguins head! True story btw!