HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles||NFC Championship|| 3:00 EST|| 1/23/05

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
OT: Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles||NFC Championship|| 3:00 EST|| 1/23/05

New thread with a new opponent and a new, clean, discussion.

Old
01-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Falcons will be in for a change of pace when they face a defense that can actually tackle.

Old
01-20-2005, 10:05 AM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
The Foldadelphia eagles choke in the NFC championship? No TO, they are done, any body up for some cooked eagle? (it's got to be a philly thing)

Old
01-20-2005, 10:14 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveHabs
The Foldadelphia eagles choke in the NFC championship? No TO, they are done, any body up for some cooked eagle? (it's got to be a philly thing)

Extremely constructive and intelligent response !

Old
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Sum1winachampionship

I think the biggest concern for the Eagles is going to be Crumpler. In the Minn game I was worried about Wigguns and they played him extremely well. Crumpler is a whole different level though. Other than that I love the way this game matches up. Atl. has some great talent on offense and defense but I don't think McNabb will be denied this year. I'd like to see him out of the pocket and running a little

Old
01-20-2005, 11:25 AM
i am dave

If they stick Dhani Jones on Crumpler with Michael Lewis giving help over the top, that might "solve" him. I think the DB's are a good enough match against Atlanta's WRs to warrant one-on-one coverage for a majority of the game, giving Lewis the reign to help "double" on Crumpler and Dawkins the opportuinity to give zone coverage on non-blitzing plays.

The key to Sunday's game will be Trotter. Can he provide enough containment to stop Atlanta's running attack?

Old
01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Can anyone delete this? Much appreciated.

Quote:
I think the biggest concern for the Eagles is going to be Crumpler.
With our secondary, I'm not worried about Alge. Dawkins and company can handle him. He is the one and only good receiver they have.

Everyone knows that Atlanta runs the ball and that's what the defense has to be focused on. Which they happen to be by reading all the reports from the Eagles website and other articles. Falcons aren't known for sustaining long drives. They are used to getting the score on one big play. I think with our defense it's going to force ATL to have throw as well and make real plays. Having Vick passing works to our advantage because he really isn't a great passer w/ 14tds and 12ints and he tends to fumble alot. Kearse is looking to keep an eye on him and Trotter, Jones and the rest of the line are going to have the task of keeping the two D's in the DVD offense in check. I think we will do that. As far as Atlanta's defense, they like to rush 4 which leaves McNabb open for a dump pass or a screen pass to Westy, Lewis or Smith. I'm not overly impressed with the ATL secondary so I think Donovan will be able to get some long balls to Freddie, Todd and Greg Lewis.

Eagles just need to get the Falcons in a hole early and take over the tempo of the game and we should be alright.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Dykhuis26

You forgot the X-factor on the tight ends... IKE REESE! When they first played Dallas they got burned by Witten because of Simeneau. Ike has elevated that position on the tight end. We need to be concerned mainly against the run, pack 5 or 6 on the line and drop Kearse to spy on Vick. The 'Axe Man' helped us so much since being put in the middle. Beware of overplaying the blitz b/c if Dunn or Vick get by it, they can run a long way.
As Schlereth said on NFL Live, our key is going to be the screen pass against Atlanta's aggressive front 4. If they overpursue, Westbrook is going to find a ton of open space, and even the TE screen to LJ. This is the game to put the ball in Westbrook's hands 25 times. Put him on punt returns even and he's at least as dangerous as Rossum is for them.
GO EAGLES!!!

Old
01-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveHabs

Nice first post - I think you are looking for the Habs boards. Maybe you can talk some CFL trash.

In reality this is a very close matchup-

Alge will be a huge problem regardless of who covers him becasue run support will really keep our LB' s busy. It is a pick your poison - and hopefuly JJ picks correctly. He will need to stop the run (both Vick and RB and I expect to see more of TJ as power backs can be trouble for us) but still stay tight with Alge. I agree that our CB can single cover the Atlanta WR and should in this game.

Anyway, tight game and fun stuff for Sunday.
Good luck to the Eagles.

Old
01-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Sum1winachampionship

I don't know about putting westbrook back on punt returns, but depending on the situation I woulnd't hesitate at all to put Lito back and let him take a shot

Old
01-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Flyers26

SUNDAY = Groundhog Day

GO FALCONS!!!

Old
01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
bennysflyers16

[QUOTE=Rex88]Nice first post - I think you are looking for the Habs boards. Maybe you can talk some CFL trash.

I'm Canadian and that's funny,,,, GO EAGLES !!!!!

Old
01-20-2005, 02:10 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1winachampionship
I don't know about putting westbrook back on punt returns, but depending on the situation I woulnd't hesitate at all to put Lito back and let him take a shot
Why would you even think about having Westbrook or Lito return punts? Dexter Wynn has done an adequate job as the punt returner.

Besides, I wouldn't risk putting Westbrook there and Lito has had limited time as the punt returner this season.

Old
01-20-2005, 07:27 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
SUNDAY = Groundhog Day

GO FALCONS!!!
right on!

Old
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
SUNDAY = Groundhog Day

GO FALCONS!!!

Just like it was for the Broncos?

Old
01-21-2005, 09:35 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Just like it was for the Broncos?
You know, I have no problem if it is just like the Broncos. Last I checked, they lost 3 Super Bowls and then won 2. That being said, since the Eagles lost the last 3 NFC Championship games then they should win their fourth!

Eagles 24 Falcons 9

Old
01-21-2005, 03:54 PM
bennysflyers16

Signing out for the week-end, GO EAGLES !!!!!!!!

Old
01-21-2005, 06:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
You know, I have no problem if it is just like the Broncos. Last I checked, they lost 3 Super Bowls and then won 2.
That was then. This is now.

Old
01-21-2005, 07:05 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
That was then. This is now.
You're the one that brought up the resemblence, not me, mate! Just pointing out a similar situation and what the results were.

Old
01-21-2005, 07:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
You're the one that brought up the resemblence, not me, mate! Just pointing out a similar situation and what the results were.
I know. I brought up how the Broncos folded. Again. They won Super Bowls 5 and 6 years ago that's ages in sports.

Old
01-22-2005, 07:07 PM
MojoJojo

This weather screws the Eagles big time. We are a passing team, and there are going to be 30 mph gusts tomorrow. Atlanta isnt a cold weather team, but neither are the birds really (not like New England or Green Bay anyway). If we cant stop Vick from running we have no shot tomorrow.

Old
01-22-2005, 07:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
This weather screws the Eagles big time. We are a passing team, and there are going to be 30 mph gusts tomorrow. Atlanta isnt a cold weather team, but neither are the birds really (not like New England or Green Bay anyway). If we cant stop Vick from running we have no shot tomorrow.
I don't think so. Vick will get slowed down by the wind and weather. The Eagles can also run the ball if they have to. You think Vick is used to playing in 40mph wind and snow? If Vick does want to take off there's a guy wearing #20 ready to pop him again if he has to.

21-7 Eagles

Old
01-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Diesel

I don't think the weather will be a factor as much as the overall atmosphere. That place is going to be SOOOO loud. Vick and his lineman won't be able to hear, and i can see a few jumbled plays and timeouts being burnt because of this. Also, if Vick gets confused and doesn't know what is going on- he'll run with it. He'll get a few big plays because of this, but he can't win it all by himself and the running game alone isn't going to get them into the end zone. He's going to have to throw the ball sooner or later and I think there will be some turnovers as a result of that.

Old
01-23-2005, 11:06 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
You think Vick is used to playing in 40mph wind and snow?
I agree with most of your points, but I don't think that the Eagles are exactly used to playing in those conditions either.

Old
01-23-2005, 01:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
same as allways for the Eagles. The same also holds true for my Steelers
to win today, run the football, play good defense,dont turn the ball over/special teams breakdowns and they will win
i usually dont give scores but here goes

Eagles 13 Falcons 9

Steelers 16 Pats 14 (ok this isnt a Steeler thread but i want a all PA SB. just to piss the rest of the world off.

Closed Thread