HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Will Hunting

vCash: 500
Refs could blow the whistle also before 1st Barys goal. I have to say that refs were really solid so far in Slovan´s games. They really were!

But yesterday´s game vs Astana was really different. Officiating was so one-sided, that it´s not even funny. 5+game misconduct for Lipiansky instead of 2-minutes penalty and then about 5 other consecutive PPs for Astana. Thankfully Slovan outscored Barys 2-1 in SH while being shorthanded for almost half of the match.

Slovan is on a roll now and that´s all with the 90% of local players from Slovakia. Fans support in Bratislava is excellent, it will be much tougher to succeed on the road though. Tough times are probably still coming, gonna be a difficult road for playoffs but I believe!

Old
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Hey Slovaks, man up, stop complaining about refs. Jeez, this newcomers...
eh, fans will be complainig about refs in all games and all sports.

Jeez, these newcomers are beating known KHL teams every seecond day, whats up ?

Old
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModryJazyk View Post
Jeez, these newcomers are beating known KHL teams every seecond day, whats up ?
Guess you haven't seen Vityaz leading the conference once... You must be new.

Old
09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Guess you haven't seen Vityaz leading the conference once... You must be new.
yes, you are right, I'm new.

Old
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Your theory failed.
Nope, your logic is flawed. Because a referee happened to blow the whistle on time in a particular game situation is no proof that all the other decisions made throughout the game were free from bias. The lack of professionalism displayed last night was so palpable it hurt to have to watch it (were you there, by the way?).

There's a difference between imprecise/inconsistent refereeing and biased refereeing. (I say that as a former referee.) For example, the refereeing in the Slovan vs. St. Petersburg game was also weak, but bad calls were made on both sides, penalty minutes awarded for trifles to both teams, so that both Slovan and SKA fans could only shake their heads in wonder. No one accused those referees of bias. And although it's possible for referees to err in such a way that most if not all of their decisions happen to profit just one side (interestingly, the one needing to catch up), the law of probability casts a lot of doubt on that theory.

Last edited by Faterson: 09-25-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old
09-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
The Lipiansky call was a joke, end of.

Should have only been two minutes, or if there was blood, 2+2. Never in a million years was it a 5+game.

From what I've seen, it does appear that KHL refs do call the slightest hook or trip, and is much stricter than Extraliga refereeing, so it's obvious why many Slovan fans may get frustrating with the officiating when theyve been used to less calls for the past x amount of years.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Anyone know where I could see the final period of this Yaroslavl game?

Old
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Anyone know where I could see the final period of this Yaroslavl game?
http://onhockey.ru/index.php?place=yatv&channel=54871
http://onhockey.ru/index.php?place=aliez&channel=6880

try this

Old
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Cheers.

1-1 as soon as I turn it on!

2-1 seconds later! Oh okay, turns out they out ruled the first goal but score moments later.

Yaroslavl all over the other team.

Last edited by Shrimper: 09-25-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post

Should have only been two minutes, or if there was blood, 2+2. Never in a million years was it a 5+game.

From what I've seen, it does appear that KHL refs do call the slightest hook or trip, and is much stricter than Extraliga refereeing, so it's obvious why many Slovan fans may get frustrating with the officiating when theyve been used to less calls for the past x amount of years.
You can argue a lot about it being right or wrong, but being opportunistic KHL officiating is pretty close to the IIHF standard. We had it a lot when the refs make the callls at worlds and the players just can't adjust to it. That's the kind of officiating they will face in a IIHF tournament.

Old
09-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Faterson

Quote:
And the Satan call of 2+2 minutes, only a few minutes later, was a similar joke. I think it might be difficult to justify even a 2-minute call for whatever Satan was supposed to have done, so 2+2 minutes seemed way out of proportion. That was 9 minutes of penalty time -- almost half a period -- given to Barys just like that, and more mysterious Slovan penalties followed.

Quote:
From what I've seen, it does appear that KHL refs do call the slightest hook or trip, and is much stricter than Extraliga refereeing
That's perfectly fine if those stricter rules are applied equally to both teams on the ice, instead of one-sidedly. The teams would simply re-adjust.

By the way, after having watched all of Slovan's 8 KHL games so far, I can't confirm your impression, Tatanik. The referees in most Slovan games were perfectly fine, and struck me as similarly tolerant to NHL referees. That includes some of the games Slovan lost, such as against Doneck and Riga. I mostly only saw refereeing problems in the St. Petersburg game (referees in this game seemed overly anxious, on both sides, in the way you have just described) and the Omsk game (bias for Omsk). It all came to a head in an extreme fashion last night, however. When you consider that these were actually the 3 most recent KHL games played by Slovan, it's a disturbing trend. (Let's just hope it's not connected to Slovan's rise towards the top of the KHL tables.)

Last edited by Faterson: 09-25-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
09-25-2012, 03:28 PM
tohaa

interesting...not only does Lev have 2 Juraj Mikus', they've got 4 Jiri Hudler's
http://en.levpraha.cz/soupiska.asp

Old
09-25-2012, 04:06 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Absolutely beautiful goal by Zherdev today

Old
09-25-2012, 04:13 PM
jaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
interesting...not only does Lev have 2 Juraj Mikus', they've got 4 Jiri Hudler's
http://en.levpraha.cz/soupiska.asp
But only 3 of them are born on the same day, have the same height and weight. So the mistery is still alive..

Old
09-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
But only 3 of them are born on the same day, have the same height and weight. So the mistery is still alive..
The mystery is resolved when you visit the Czech version of the same webpage: http://levpraha.cz/soupiska.asp

Also, note the subtle difference between "Juraj Mikuš" (defenceman) and "Juraj Mikúš" (forward). The first rhymes with "bush", and the second rhymes with "moose".

Old
09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
this guy is playing this year!

Old
09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:

Old
09-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Chileiceman

So my two (new) teams played today Torpedo and Dinamo Riga. I managed to catch the third period. Torpedo has some really solid players, guys that are not well known outside of Russia like Varnakov, Makarov and some other better know guys like Thornberg and Schastlivy. Evegeni Varlamov is a really solid dman. I watched their game against Lokomotiv earlier and they really outplayed them.

That was the third Riga game I've watched. They have their ups and downs it seems. It looks like Alexandre Giroux is having some troubles adjusting. The guy who always impresses me is Martin Karsums. I think he could give the NHL another kick at the can. Indrasis is a good young player with a lot of potential. Daugavins will be sure to help them on the offensive side of things. It doesn't seem like they have the greatest goaltending.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
That was fantastic. Goal of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
So my two (new) teams played today Torpedo and Dinamo Riga. I managed to catch the third period. Torpedo has some really solid players, guys that are not well known outside of Russia like Varnakov, Makarov and some other better know guys like Thornberg and Schastlivy. Evegeni Varlamov is a really solid dman. I watched their game against Lokomotiv earlier and they really outplayed them.

That was the third Riga game I've watched. They have their ups and downs it seems. It looks like Alexandre Giroux is having some troubles adjusting. The guy who always impresses me is Martin Karsums. I think he could give the NHL another kick at the can. Indrasis is a good young player with a lot of potential. Daugavins will be sure to help them on the offensive side of things. It doesn't seem like they have the greatest goaltending.
Don't forget Torpedo goalie Koval. He's one sly red-haired goalie.

The best game so far by Dinamo Riga of 12/13 was the second pre-season match vs Lokomotiv. After that game I had hopes that Dinamo would be this dangerous at least once in 2-3 regular season games. Nope.

Old
09-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
this guy is playing this year!
With some tutoring by Bill and the confidence after the WC he's a different player.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:49 AM
tohaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
It doesn't seem like they have the greatest goaltending.
I honestly don't know where Jucers came from (then again, I watched only a handful of KHL games last year), but he's definitely not great competition for Tellqvist for a starting position

Old
09-26-2012, 03:24 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Question to all Slovan fans and everyone else who knows:

Do you guys know when they usually start their pre-sale via ticketportal.sk? I plan on going on a few games (Dynamo Moscow, ZSKA, Torpedo, Ulaev), and I speak a bit of Czech/Slovak but I couldn't find the pre-sale dates. Help very much appreciated!

Old
09-26-2012, 03:37 AM
lukkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Question to all Slovan fans and everyone else who knows:

Do you guys know when they usually start their pre-sale via ticketportal.sk? I plan on going on a few games (Dynamo Moscow, ZSKA, Torpedo, Ulaev), and I speak a bit of Czech/Slovak but I couldn't find the pre-sale dates. Help very much appreciated!
Pre-sale for October games starts tomorrow. You won't find exact days anywhere, it's usually 2-3 weeks before the game.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:46 AM
Faterson

Slovan tickets can be bought via Ticketportal: http://www.ticketportal.sk/genre.aspx?id=51

They usually go on sale about 2 weeks before a game. Forget about the best seats, though. The arena is usually sold out, and Ticketportal mostly sells left-overs for €10 or €12 per ticket (seats behind the goals, etc.). For example, Slovan plays KHL's weakest team, Yugra, tonight, and when I checked out Ticketportal a couple of days ago, there were only a few hundred tickets left.

The black market is apparently already burgeoning. Ovechkin and Dynamo Moscow play in Bratislava on October 7th, and I've already seen several personal ads online offering "best seats to the Dynamo game". They'd no doubt heavily overcharge you if you bought some of those.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:03 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
I honestly don't know where Jucers came from (then again, I watched only a handful of KHL games last year), but he's definitely not great competition for Tellqvist for a starting position
Then again, I guess you watched only a handful of KHL games this year because Jucers is indeed a great competition for Tellqvist. Actually, if one would be asked to name Dinamo's starter this season it would have to be Jucers.

Closed Thread