HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
pouskin74*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Reffing has been solid from what I've seen so far this year. A few soft calls but for the most part, pretty consistant. ....Rads is such an idiot, it doesn't help that he is so damn ugly -just don't like the guy.
Radulov is awesome and did what a real captain should do in such a circumstances. Its not a ballet you know.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:19 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
2 gigants lost badly today, Lev and SU
Gigant? Hell yeah

Old
09-27-2012, 04:21 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
What did Radulov do?
Instigate a fight

Old
09-27-2012, 04:22 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
So, Slovan has increased ticket prices... Because of the lock out. Funny.

And yeah, in Russia there is much more friendly approach towards the Lev and Slovan compared to the said countries approach towards the Russian teams. I wish Russian fans could have been able to read Czech and Slovak websites. Disgusting.
what are you talking about

Old
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Gigant? Hell yeah

Old
09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I'm noticing lots of penalty minutes against Lev, quite disproportionately in favour of Magnitka. Were they all good, unquestionable calls, or will there be any more talk of "referee bias"? You know, there has been quite a lot of talk in Czech & Slovak media (not just in fans' blogs and message boards but in regular articles) about how Lev & Slovan should prepare against "pressure from Russian referees", especially when playing on the road. So I hope that there was no controversy regarding the many powerplays awarded to Magnitka today.
i haven't seen any of that. yeah, it's lame that KHL has mainly russian refs and needs to be changed, but it's not a reason to start bias theories so far.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
ult

Quote:
Well, you should write more clearly instead of innuendo. I have noticed no enmity against Russian KHL teams in any standard Slovak or Czech publications, so please be specific and I'll be happy to take a look. I hope you're not confusing editorial content with message boards. I did notice Russian fans requesting more hockey-related Czech & Slovak texts to be made available in English or Russian. Those things are likely an entirely different budget category separate from player salaries, but all budget categories are likely maxed out at this point, unless your club's sponsor is Gazprom.
hokej.idnes.cz is my "fav" one, both editorial and comments section. They're still living in 70th or something, but yeah, it's their problem. Though, it's still surprising to me that with that level of contempt towards everything KHL related that I've seen on hokej.sk and etc, Slovan still manages to sell out every game. It must be mostly because of "beat dem russians on our ice" attraction I guess.

I could be wrong, and this is just a bunch of bitter, jealous, anti Slovan and Lev fans' comments I've been stumbling upon all the time that left me with this impression.

Anyway I think this is really complicated and way too politicized topic for this thread, so may be we should create a new one, about the peoples reaction to the KHL intervention to their comfort zone, distrust towards Russian league and such.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
what are you talking about
Wow. Asking this question and then making that comment about the majority of KHL refs being from Russia and calling it lame. Hypocrisy much? 70% of the league are Russian teams, from where else would KHL get the refs if not from Russia? And they had to fight with Slovak and Finnish federations for just Balushka and Renn. Oh, refs at Ak Bars vs Dynamo game were bad, it must be a Russian conspiracy against Russians.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
zorz

Quote:
Wow. Asking this question and then making that comment about the majority of KHL refs being from Russia and calling it lame. Hypocrisy much? 70% of the league are Russian teams, from where else would KHL get the refs if not from Russia? And they had to fight with Slovak and Finnish federations for just Balushka and Renn. Oh, refs at Ak Bars vs Dynamo game were bad, it must be a Russian conspiracy against Russians.
I totally agree with so many % of the refs to be Russian as many % of the KHL teams are Russian. Not to prevent any bias because I don't think it exists, but because it's the only logical thing.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
ult

Cool, I'm all for it! And KHL as well, as they've tried to get contracts with top european refs, but it looks like they just don't want to work in KHL, or their respective federations and leagues are against it, I don't know. The fact is that there are only a few foreigners in officiating department even though KHL have been trying to solve this problem for years.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Cool, I'm all for it! And KHL as well, as they've tried to get contracts with top european refs, but it looks like they just don't want to work in KHL, or their respective federations and leagues are against it, I don't know. The fact is that there are only a few foreigners in officiating department even though KHL have been trying to solve this problem for years.
Off course European top leagues want to keep their best referees to stay. It's not like other countries would have too many top referees that they could give them all to KHL.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Faterson

Quote:
hokej.idnes.cz is my "fav" one, both editorial and comments section. They're still living in 70th or something, but yeah, it's their problem. Though, it's still surprising to me that with that level of contempt towards everything KHL related that I've seen on hokej.sk and etc, Slovan still manages to sell out every game. It must be mostly because of "beat dem russians on our ice" attraction I guess.
ult, you really are confusing editorial content with user comments. I'm not aware of any article "contemptuous" towards the KHL or Russia on those sites. If you wish, you can create a separate thread where we can analyze this further. Also, perhaps you're not quite proficient in Czech/Slovak because most of the user-comments bashing on sites like hokej.sk has been against Slovan (!), not against Russia or KHL. That is, some Slovak hockey fans from outside of Bratislava enjoy bashing Slovan constantly for having "deserted" the Slovak league. Those, however, are no anti-KHL or anti-Russia sentiments, because you'd get to read the same bashing if Slovan joined the NHL.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
VladNYC

Quote:
Don't be glib, you know why this is.
Enlighten us!

Old
09-27-2012, 07:59 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Instigate a fight
I was talking about pushing the ref. Classless act to push a ref. If your so tough go push Konstatin Panov or something, see where that gets you... I don't know why he was so pissed in the first place, he clearly elbowed Vasilchenko right to the kisser. No question about the call there. Get you Sh** out of here Radulov.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what a bad loss by CSKA - winning 1:0, 2:1, 3:2 and loosing the game 4:3....very upset...Radulov's behaviour was attrocoius as well
Always like that. With Radu you get his skill AND his attitude. It's a trade off.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Is it Bryzgalov continuing where he left off in Philadelphia last season, or was it bad team defence? The goaltender Stana is probably upset, too, having been among the Top 5 KHL goaltenders so far, but now being displaced by an NHL goaltender.
I don't think it's appropriate to judge a player by one game...

Old
09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Don't be glib, you know why this is.
I for my part am not aware of any logical reason for that. Ppl aren't rational beings though.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Atas2000

Well, I already wrote this. October will be a tough month for Lev and Slovan. Now they'll face the real KHL and learn about the "death valley" of Ural and Tatarstan where a lot of teams lose points never to be seen again.

Old
09-28-2012, 05:25 AM
ult

Cool fan-made video. Approved by KHLofficial.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:41 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I don't think it's appropriate to judge a player by one game...
it's not his first game in hockey, AVERAGE!

Old
09-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Radulov is awesome and did what a real captain should do in such a circumstances. Its not a ballet you know.
Radulov is a cowardly spot-picker. He's so tame and friendly near men like Artyukhin, Svitov or Belov, and then he's tough captain against the refs.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:21 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Cool fan-made video. Approved by KHLofficial.

Wow, million times times better than the official KHL promo videos. KHL should try to hire the maker of this video.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Is the Slovan-Dynamo game already sold out or is ticketportal.sk going to launch more tickets? I kinda missed the start of the sale, and when I looked it up, about 4 hours ago, nothing left . Same for the Novokuzneck and CSKA games.
You slovaks really love your hockey, huh?
Slovan now announced that the October 7th game Slovan vs. Dynamo Moscow sold out on Thursday in 60 minutes, faster than the Slovan vs. New York Rangers exhibition game or Slovakia's home games at the 2011 World Championships. Reportedly, 30 thousand requests for tickets were made on Thursday. Well, I've always said that Slovan's current arena is too small, and when you consider that there are 4,300 season-ticket holders, the number of freely sold tickets will be really low for every game (less than 6 thousand). Bratislava would deserve a 20+ thousand arena similar to that of the Blackhawks or Canadiens!

Slovan's home game following Dynamo is CSKA on Oct 23rd, but it seems that the sale at Ticketportal.sk for that one is currently "temporarily halted" (unless it managed to sell out, too).

Old
09-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Vicente

But do you think a 20,000 arena in Bratislava would work? I mean someone would have to fill the gap in the current arena. I read there is handball, basketball and volleyball in the city but if they can play tehre games there?!

Maybe a lot more concerts of top stars could be in Bratislava (not sure though how many there are now) with an additional top modern arena.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:22 AM
kajoo

Quote:
idnes.cz is plain terrible, with biased writers and a lot of trolls in comments section. Remember having a dispute over one of their trolling article (you read well) by writer "Michael Bereň" about Slovakia´s SF game vs Canada at Vancouver WOG, this guy literally wrote that Slovakia played like cowards when I laughed off this masterpiece in their own comments section and had a go at writer, their admin published my password. True pros.

Last edited by kajoo: 09-29-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Closed Thread