HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jinx Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 07:51 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Jinx Thread

We must be a cursed Franchise, 93 - 94 we win our 1st Stanley Cup in 54 years. Next season is cut in half due to a lock out, and we get out of the gates slow in our repeat attempt and fail to really gain any positive momentum.

Last season, by far our best team since 93 - 94, some may say second most successful season we have ever had. We make a huge acquisition in the off-season to become arguably cup favorite, and what happens? Labor talks which most people couldn't possibly go wrong seem to hit a snag and we are looking at a lock out.

Neither Bettman nor the Players are the actual problem its our damn Rangers actually being a contender which is to blame for the lock out!

No I am not serious, but even though many of us don't believe in Jinx or Curses as sports fans we all have a friend or have ourselves said something along the lines as "this game is over" only to end up losing the game.

Post your best jinx stories you have had here, should be a pretty funny thread. God news anyone who is or was a gambler like myself should have some funny ones.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:07 AM
tailgunner

vCash: 500
well then think about the lockout of 2004-05....that lockout was absolutely the best thing to happen to our franchise....we were the worst team in the nhl at the time with ageing players and long contracts...when the lockout happened we got rid of all the crud and rebuilt the team to what we have today

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Yankees up 3-0 in the ALCS. Turn to my buddy who is a Red Sox fan in class and tell him I hope the Sox have their golf clubs ready because it is over. Yankees proceed to choke it all away and Boston goes on to win it all.

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Well I have a "good jinx" story, if there is such a thing

At Game 5 vs. the Caps, my friend really had to use the bathroom and didn't want to wait until the end of the game. He said there would be "No way in hell" we tied it and said he would meet me downstairs. Needless to say, he met me back upstairs for the start of OT !!

09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
well then think about the lockout of 2004-05....that lockout was absolutely the best thing to happen to our franchise....we were the worst team in the nhl at the time with ageing players and long contracts...when the lockout happened we got rid of all the crud and rebuilt the team to what we have today
Well, if there was a season and finished last, we'd have Crosby.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:38 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Well, if there was a season and finished last, we'd have Crosby.
Not entirely true, that year was a lottery year. We would only have had the best chance to get him.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Not entirely true, that year was a lottery year. We would only have had the best chance to get him.
regardless, we got screwed there. At least we got Staalsy, can't complain when you get a shutdown top pairing d-man

Old
09-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
We were pretty awful that last year before the lockout. Third worst team in the league.

Unfortunately, Pittsburgh was even worse than we were, so even if there had been a normal draft, they likely get Crosby. No crying over that one.

As much as I can't stand the little *******, having a talent like that on your team is something no one would complain about.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Here's a good one. My best ever. Well 2nd best. Vs. The Bruins, down 3 0 I turn to my father and go "that's it. We aren't gonna win this, no shot". Before you know it we won 5 to 3. The game 5 vs the caps was a big one for me too.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I kept on thinking how to the Rangers hadn't tied a game late all season. Then they tie game 5.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I kept on thinking how to the Rangers hadn't tied a game late all season. Then they tie game 5.
How many did they win late, though? If I remember right, off the top of my head, McDonagh scores with like 2 seconds left in OT in Calgary, Richards's winner against Phoenix, Gaborik in OT against the Bruins, I think, Gaborik again against the Islanders...there may be more but I was actually just thinking the other day about the late scoring happening last season.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Well I have a "good jinx" story, if there is such a thing

At Game 5 vs. the Caps, my friend really had to use the bathroom and didn't want to wait until the end of the game. He said there would be "No way in hell" we tied it and said he would meet me downstairs. Needless to say, he met me back upstairs for the start of OT !!
If I was him, that'd haunt me for the rest of my life.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Mr Atoz
I hid the Atavachron

The Red Sox had the champagne out and the banners hung in the clubhouse until the ball went through Bill Buckner's legs.

Mr Atoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
How many did they win late, though? If I remember right, off the top of my head, McDonagh scores with like 2 seconds left in OT in Calgary, Richards's winner against Phoenix, Gaborik in OT against the Bruins, I think, Gaborik again against the Islanders...there may be more but I was actually just thinking the other day about the late scoring happening last season.
There was surely a lot of last second heroics going on last season.