HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part III: Back to School Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
So if there is a lockout can a guy like Miller play in the OHL then when the NHL comes back can he come to camp and be sent to the AHL ? I picture Miller pulling a Hagelin this yr

Old
09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Colleges like foreign languages, right? I have 3 years of honors Spanish under my belt. All were in the high B-A range. I have a really tight schedule this year. Only have a free period 1 out of 6 days of school. Thinking of dropping AP Spanish, and Spanish altogether. I don't plan on being a Spanish major or anything of the sort. Should I do it?
I would say they like it a bit. I think it's a very, very, very, very minor boost, though. You may want to minor in Spanish, since if you can speak it, it'll help get you a job after college.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
09-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I don't know about you guys, but I really don't understand the whole trap music hype

09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Any golfers here? Just purchased a set of Cobra Amp Irons and need a driver as well. Wondering if any one can recommend a solid (yet inexpensive) driver and set of woods?

09-08-2012, 12:45 PM
blue425

Alright back there, time to wake up! It's a beautiful day full of opportunity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I get to see Rush next month,
As James Halliday called them: The Gods of the North. One of the greatest bands ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Word to the youngins out there. Don't bother indebting yourselves for 20+ years with loans if you plan on going to college for anything outside of the sciences or law. it's just not worth it and you frankly don't need to. Traditional schooling, especially for the liberal arts is basically a well formulated scam. Kids today are learning the same things at "college" that their parents learned in high school.
Holy **** this couldn't be more true unless it was a line in Liar Liar.

I always laugh at other teachers when I hear this:

"Oh I did my undergrad at NYU (or similar school) and my graduate work at Columbia(again or similar school)"

And then there is me (and others like me). Nassau CC, Adelphi and CUNY Brooklyn. Same two degrees, same pay scale, except the sucker that had to go Ivy league is up to their eyes in debt and I have none.

So the wife found this this morning:

I watched it and I was blown away. He saw the writing on the wall 60 years ago. Man was a visionary.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Word to the youngins out there. Don't bother indebting yourselves for 20+ years with loans if you plan on going to college for anything outside of the sciences or law. it's just not worth it and you frankly don't need to. Traditional schooling, especially for the liberal arts is basically a well formulated scam. Kids today are learning the same things at "college" that their parents learned in high school.
You couldn't have said it any better. You pay to be brainwashed and indoctrinated by people who only know how to do things in "theory".

Of the things to go to school for Chip you did conveniently leave out business. Not even out of school for a month, 4 job offers all paying 47k + a year.

3 of my friends paid more for 1 year of school than I did for my entire education. None have had a single interview.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Any golfers here? Just purchased a set of Cobra Amp Irons and need a driver as well. Wondering if any one can recommend a solid (yet inexpensive) driver and set of woods?
What price range are you looking at?

I have an R11 Driver I got brand new on Ebay for about $250 and I love it.

If you are looking to save money, I would suggest http://www.rockbottomgolf.com Completely legit site, lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Cresto
Much .500

KU where are you? You made me cry this morning again

Old
09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
KU where are you? You made me cry this morning again
Here I am

Those must've been tears of joy

09-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Skrillex has had some hiccups (Equinox/Ruffneck Bass EP is garbage), but he's an awesome producer. Maybe the best dubstep producer along with Borgore/Excision/Flux IMO.

When it comes to electronic music in general however, nobody holds a candle to Pretty Lights.

Him and all of his buddies on his label (Michal Menert, Gramatik, Paper Diamond) are the future of the genre.
Pretty Lights is fantastic. He took the giving away music thing and ran with it. Incredibly talented.

09-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Here I am

Those must've been tears of joy
It's a little of everything. I must have gone through the playoff moments from this year a dozen times and it doesn't get easier

Old
09-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

On a related note to my earlier post about AP Euro and AP Econ...

Can my teacher deny me access to another class? Like, if I beg her and tell her I can't do Euro, can she actually say something along the lines of, "I won't let you go into another class, you're capable of getting through this"?

If she did, I'd legit say to her face, "I'm dropping the class, and if you don't let me into another AP, I guess colleges will just have to deal with my boring schedule."

Old
09-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Yep, agree completely. I regret my 5 years of classes and $15k in loans. The job I have now in unrelated and when I go back to finish it will be in sciences. A total waste of 5 years and a ton of money. Arts, communication and anything like it are a joke. I learned more teaching my self stuff as I went.

Talent gets you much further than schooling in those fields.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:

Can my teacher deny me access to another class? Like, if I beg her and tell her I can't do Euro, can she actually say something along the lines of, "I won't let you go into another class, you're capable of getting through this"?

If she did, I'd legit say to her face, "I'm dropping the class, and if you don't let me into another AP, I guess colleges will just have to deal with my boring schedule."
Only if that class is a course pre-req for the other class. However, chairs of a department can generally override things like that at their own discretion.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yep, agree completely. I regret my 5 years of classes and $15k in loans. The job I have now in unrelated and when I go back to finish it will be in sciences. A total waste of 5 years and a ton of money. Arts, communication and anything like it are a joke. I learned more teaching my self stuff as I went.

Talent gets you much further than schooling in those fields.
I'm going to have like 50 k in loans. Sick. I'm not doing anything arts or communications related tho, so hopefully that's a plus.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

When it comes to schedules, I don't think your teacher really has any power on it if you insist upon dropping the class.

09-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Y'all should listen to Clique by Big Sean when pregaming tonight. **** hits hard.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Y'all should listen to Clique by Big Sean when pregaming tonight. **** hits hard.
I hear ya. Bob Richards is about that swerve life boi.

But really, his songs are extremely fun and I'm a fan of Clique.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I hear ya. Bob Richards is about that swerve life boi.

But really, his songs are extremely fun and I'm a fan of Clique.
It's this falls dance ass.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Only if that class is a course pre-req for the other class. However, chairs of a department can generally override things like that at their own discretion.
She's the Head of the Soc Department. Lolz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
When it comes to schedules, I don't think your teacher really has any power on it if you insist upon dropping the class.
I know she can't prevent me from dropping it, but my guidance counselor said I need her permission to switch into another AP.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
She's the Head of the Soc Department. Lolz
You are ****ed, bro!

Old
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
You are ****ed, bro!
Well, if she refuses to let me switch out, I'll drop the class and fill it with a normal class. While it would look bad for colleges, I'd rather get an A in a normal class than get a C in an AP. Also, I would do it solely to stick it to her and make her feel like **** for doing that to me in my senior year when I'm applying to colleges.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
She's the Head of the Soc Department. Lolz.

I know she can't prevent me from dropping it, but my guidance counselor said I need her permission to switch into another AP.
It's high school, if you give them enough of a problem they'll change it so they don't have to deal with you anymore. Have your mom or dad call, tell whoever is in charge there that you shouldn't be forced to take a class you don't want to take and you should be allowed to take the one you want to switch into. It's your parents money that funds the school, and most importantly its your education and since youre essentially paying them for it you should be able to switch into whichever class you want. Besides, getting into that class will allow you to get hte most out of your high school experience, education wise... they can't really say no to all of that.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
It's high school, if you give them enough of a problem they'll change it so they don't have to deal with you anymore. Have your mom or dad call, tell whoever is in charge there that you shouldn't be forced to take a class you don't want to take and you should be allowed to take the one you want to switch into. It's your parents money that funds the school, and most importantly its your education and since youre essentially paying them for it you should be able to switch into whichever class you want. Besides, getting into that class will allow you to get hte most out of your high school experience, education wise... they can't really say no to all of that.
I like the way you think

Old
09-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Well, if she refuses to let me switch out, I'll drop the class and fill it with a normal class. While it would look bad for colleges, I'd rather get an A in a normal class than get a C in an AP. Also, I would do it solely to stick it to her and make her feel like **** for doing that to me in my senior year when I'm applying to colleges.
It'd look a lot worse getting a C in AP than an A in regular.

Closed Thread