HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXII - The Kicking and Screaming edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
News from Around the League - Part XXXII - The Kicking and Screaming edition

kick in goals, soccer on ice - double the boredom, twice the diving, half the integrity.

continue...

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

vCash: 500
Im of the opinion that you should either be allowed to kick/redirect/whatever the puck into the net with your skate, or your skate cannot touch the puck at all on a goal. no more in between. those calls are more arbitrary than shanabans

Old
09-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
You guys are grossly exagerrating the effect this would have on the down low/crease games. Players already kick the puck when they can't get their stick on it because there is absolutely no cost to doing so.

The main area this could effect is deflections out in front of the net.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
CerebralGenesis

Should let all high sticks in too.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
You guys are grossly exagerrating the effect this would have on the down low/crease games. Players already kick the puck when they can't get their stick on it because there is absolutely no cost to doing so.

The main area this could effect is deflections out in front of the net.
I HATE to be that guy, but I usually (especially lately) have agreed with you on a lot of these advance metrics and what not. This is somewhere no amount of numbers will change my opinion.

It's a DRAMATIC change to the fundamental way the game is played. You're talking about changing the way the way a goal is scored. Forget about numbers, and 'costs' and all that... You're talking about changing the heart of the game!

Old
09-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Cowbell is wrong again.

What's new.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

im officially behind the one who claims to be the Insiderrr of Hockey. im not buying the 17 year old storyI follow his tweets, and hes been right about more things than eklund can shake his pecker at. nobody comes close to a dredger or Mackenzie, but they dont participate in rumors so much as they break signings.

he may be annoying (constantly trying to prove himself) but Ill be damned if he isnt more accurate than your neighborhood rumor monger

flame on!

Old
09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
The #NJDevils are close to signing 2012 2nd round pick Damon Severson as per @SNRJBroadhead.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I don't care either way regarding kicked in goals.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Cowbell is wrong again.

What's new.
Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Banana hammock Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer Ban hammer

Old
09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Don't know if you're serious on hockey insider or not. I'm undecided on him. I'm leaning towards he's a fraud after the tweet about Gretzky being hospitalized, and later saying his source was wrong, and then bashing Gretzky's daughter for no reason which was very ignorant. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt before that.

I find he never reports much on our team, but when he does it's usually stuff I can't believe. Like how we're holding off to see what Zajac does this season after injury, but we are working on extended Henrique first. This makes absolutely no sense as first of all Henrique has only had one season. If they won't sign Zajac after one season of injury, than why sign Henrique after one season of play? And Henrique is an RFA as well.

Only tweets I've seen lately from him is that one on the Zajac/Henrique extensions, and saying Sykora would be signed after CBA is extended. He also said we were one of the teams in on Bouwmeester which can't be true. Our defense is set, and we're gonna trade for Bouwmeester who's cap hit is higher than anyone else on our team?

Old
09-05-2012, 02:37 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Don't know if you're serious on hockey insider or not. I'm undecided on him. I'm leaning towards he's a fraud after the tweet about Gretzky being hospitalized, and later saying his source was wrong, and then bashing Gretzky's daughter for no reason which was very ignorant. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt before that.

I find he never reports much on our team, but when he does it's usually stuff I can't believe. Like how we're holding off to see what Zajac does this season after injury, but we are working on extended Henrique first. This makes absolutely no sense as first of all Henrique has only had one season. If they won't sign Zajac after one season of injury, than why sign Henrique after one season of play? And Henrique is an RFA as well.

Only tweets I've seen lately from him is that one on the Zajac/Henrique extensions, and saying Sykora would be signed after CBA is extended. He also said we were one of the teams in on Bouwmeester which can't be true. Our defense is set, and we're gonna trade for Bouwmeester who's cap hit is higher than anyone else on our team?
i never meant he was accurate regarding the devils. nobody is. I gave up on that. but on matters around the league, hes been dead on MORE often than not. hell, he called the hush hush NHLPA/Owners meetings that are supposedly happening now WAY before anyone else I saw picked up on it.

the gretzky thing was ridiculous, it was just stupid. i've only seen him tweet jay-bow to philly after the cba is signed..i didnt see anything regarding us landing him, and i havent for some time now. but again, if he or anyone else tweeted inside info about marty brodeur getting his number retired in 2 years, i wouldnt even believe that unless it came straight from lou's mouth

edit- and jaybow to philly actually makes sense

Old
09-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

It was weeks ago. Maybe over a month about J Blo. I think he said Philly, and Detroit were pushing hard for him, but a few other teams which included Pittsburgh, and NJ have backed off. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed, but we were in on him at one point a couple years ago I think.

Old
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

fair enough. i take all insiders with a huge grain of salt, he just struck me as somewhat reliable recently.

Old
09-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil
Yeah, I think there are enough goals that already deflected in off a body, skate, glove, etc. We don't need kicking, this isn't soccer.
Agreed. Allowing kicked in pucks is such a fundamental change to the game, that it simply cannot be allowed. The safety consideration is the bigger one for me though. Players will be attempting to kick the puck in much more often if they're allowed to score a good goal that way. As someone else mentioned, it also makes a defenceman's job much harder. Though with the NHL's obsession with more scoring, maybe they'd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
The #NJDevils are close to signing 2012 2nd round pick Damon Severson as per @SNRJBroadhead.
That's nice. I do like his potential and I guess management does too.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:07 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Is Shane Doan still alive?

Old
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
downtown56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Yeah, there were some tweets saying he was staying in Phoenix.

Old
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
His agent said Doan will sign before this CBA expires (9/15). At this point, everybody's just assuming he's going to wait as long as he can to see if Phoenix can get its ownership settled.

Old
09-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Players already try to kick pucks in. Yes it's a "fundamental" difference, but no player's gonna try to kick the puck in unless it's at his feet. No player's gonna slide across the crease skate first to direct a puck in, when he can reach a farther distance with his stick WITHOUT having to sacrifice a means of control and balance.

I agree it would take a whole new means of policing though; there'll be just as much room for error judging whether a skate was on the ice or not.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
His agent said Doan will sign before this CBA expires (9/15). At this point, everybody's just assuming he's going to wait as long as he can to see if Phoenix can get its ownership settled.
I don't think Phoenix is going to get its ownership in order before the 15th though. Will be interesting to see what he does.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

If kicked pucks are allowed to be goals then can't pucks thrown in by hand? I mean if a puck was allowed to be thrown in the net we may have won game 1 of the SCF!

Old
09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
If kicked pucks are allowed to be goals then can't pucks thrown in by hand? I mean if a puck was allowed to be thrown in the net we may have won game 1 of the SCF!
I hope you are just joking but if you aren't is because that's a hand pass which is illegal on that part of the ice...

Old
09-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I hope you are just joking but if you aren't is because that's a hand pass which is illegal on that part of the ice...
Haha yeah I am Just reminded me of that with all the talk of kicked in goals.

Old
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Haha yeah I am Just reminded me of that with all the talk of kicked in goals.
You never know on here anymore

Old
09-05-2012, 11:55 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I was planning on buying at least two jerseys this season. Really wanted a st pattys Brodeur and a white Kovy, but if they lockout I'm not buying either. I'm too hardcore to boycott games, but I will not buy any memorabilia for the entire season if we miss games. **** them. At some point enough is enough..

Closed Thread