HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

NHL needs a mediator.

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2005, 04:24 PM
beerpaul*

vCash: 500
NHL needs a mediator.

If a mediator isn't brought in, the NHL will be on strike for years. Obviously Bettman and Goodenow's egos are too big for one of them to give in. When the season is cancelled this week(or next week), there will be no hockey next September. The earliest would be January/06. The players and owners had a profit pool of 2.1 billion this year. If there's no hockey into late next year, the profit pool decreases to about 1 billion...both sides will lose. The hockey fans are the last concerns of the players and owners and if the fans were smart they wouldn't show up when the league comes back. Wishful thinking because we know fans in Toronto, and a few other cities, won't do that. As an alternative, get out to watch some live Junior/college/AHL or other minor leagues to see some excellant hockey.

Old
01-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

the mediator was already brought in.......Harley Hotchkiss......seriously, I feel that if the season is saved, it's because of this man.

Old
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
the mediator was already brought in.......Harley Hotchkiss......seriously, I feel that if the season is saved, it's because of this man.
The PA would not consider HH a mediator...just a hawk in dove's clothing...

Old
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerpaul
Wishful thinking because we know fans in Toronto, and a few other cities, won't do that. As an alternative, get out to watch some live Junior/college/AHL or other minor leagues to see some excellant hockey.
I've been watching QMJHL Moncton Wildcats hockey all year and as friggin soon as the nhl is back i'll be watching it. I can't believe all these people saying "watch the juniors instead of the nhl they're better anyway" I'm so tired of the bad passes, 900 offsides every game and players that just shouldn't be playing at all. The nhl is bar none the best hockey league in NA and imo the world i hate to see ppl suggesting not to watch it. its such a load of bull#!$@!.

Closed Thread