HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kovalchuk vs Crosby

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Kovalchuk 16 11.27%
Crosby 124 87.32%
Even 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
TAnnala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
You're the one crying about people overusing hyperbole. One to talk about "If you are mislead by one side sentence then you probably should not be posting here"

That's why i said 10 minutes as a joke. I maybe should have put a sarcasm mark there and not laughter. I just assumed that it was clear, to someone who speaks english as his mothers language.

I honestly don't get why you are so wired up now. But ill leave you alone now.

Please don't be offended again.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:09 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Yea and you bring up red herrings and strawmen arguments to the table because those are helpful lol

anyways bye, run.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I have to imagine he meant point per game.
No because IK's already a career PPG player. Biggest issue with Kovalchuk it is inconstancy, but when he's in beast mode, watch out.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
If Crosby did it to a player who is being a punk all game, just like Kovy did it to a punk all game (Crosby in this case), I'd applaud it. It's a reality check for young players, shut up and play the game. Keep yourself in line. Sid learned a lesson that night. You run around being a chippy baby and get yourself in the box, you'll pay for it where it counts, the scoreboard.
Great stuff. Forget Kovalchuk, forget Crosby.It was nothing more or less than a veteran schooling a rookie.

To those playing the Crosby hatred card, shame on you.

Old
09-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Do people make these Crosby vs polls just to reassure themselves he's the best in the world? He's easily the better player and everyone knows that...

Old
09-06-2012, 11:45 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Is this poll serious?

Old
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Here's the longer video for most of it

Greatest Celebration ever and completely deserved too. Interesting to see Crosby had 110 PIMs that season

Old
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
hockeyr5

I assume this poll was about cellys so I voted Kovalchuk.

Old
09-06-2012, 02:38 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Here's the longer video for most of it

Greatest Celebration ever and completely deserved too. Interesting to see Crosby had 110 PIMs that season
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).

Maybe for an encore someone should create a thread of 'Gretzky vs Mogilny'

Old
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
22PePe22

Send a message via AIM to 22PePe22
Kovalchuk is more of a beast physically...

but skill-wise Crosby is the best in the world.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofrostonoo View Post
Kovalchuk is more of a beast physically...

but skill-wise Crosby is the best in the world.
Skill wise? Kovalchuk is a better skater, has a better shot, has better hands. This is why hockey sense is so important, Crosby is a much better player based on his smarts.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Skill wise? Kovalchuk is a better skater, has a better shot, has better hands. This is why hockey sense is so important, Crosby is a much better player based on his smarts.
Better shot and hands for sure, but im not so sure about skating.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).

I Can't remember a single time Kovalchuk doing this under Devils uniform. For the most part of his goals, Kovalchuk celebrate them softly. but when he's scoring key goals during big games, yes the guy's getting mad, cursing at the crowd in Russian... And Devils fans just love this.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Probably Kovalchuk but I don't watch Crosby much.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Better shot and hands for sure, but im not so sure about skating.
Kovalchuk looks better at skating if we take in consideration that he's really a big dude 6'3 for 230 (5'11/200 for Crosby). IK's got a magnificent set of skills but there's no doubt that Crosby is still a better player than him, hands down.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:

I'm well aware that his points dropped. My point was that he had discipline issues in the worse season to have penalty issues. This should have been the humbling point for Crosby as the Atlanta powerplay that season was #5 in the league in number of goals scored and as the best player on the team already, doing that wasn't helping

Actually, everyone pretty much knows that Gretzky was a big crybaby...he's still a great layer, it's just annoying.

You see, I know you're dead wrong about this because the only time Kovalchuk actually celebrated goals was if it came in one of the following circumstances:

1) he scored against a rival.
2) He scored his second goal of the game (or third in the game of his hat trick against the Islanders)
3) It was a playoff goal.
4) it was a late game tying or potentially winning goal and even these were rare.

otherwise he was just kind of "meh" about it

Old
09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
I`m a lover not a hater.
edit:Not awesome celebration.
LOL.

This is coming from a guy who has the most irrational hatred over an athlete I have seen on this site (Datsyuk).

Gold.

Also, Crosby AINEC.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Kovalchuk looks better at skating if we take in consideration that he's really a big dude 6'3 for 230 (5'11/200 for Crosby).
He is faster and better acceleration, but then again i think Crosby is stronger on his skates and has tremendous ability to stop and go on a dime

Old
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
LOL.

This is coming from a guy who has the most irrational hatred over an athlete I have seen on this site (Datsyuk).

Gold.

Also, Crosby AINEC.
What is "irrational" and what is not is matter of an opinion.

Old
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
What is "irrational" and what is not is matter of an opinion.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...17613429&pp=25

You have almost 200 posts that involve Datsyuk, and almost every single one of them (I would imagine) is in a negative light.

I actually think Crosby is a better skater.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:

False. Kovy didnt even celebrate his 400th goal. Only goals he would really celebrate are important goals in close games

Old
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I'm well aware that his points dropped. My point was that he had discipline issues in the worse season to have penalty issues. This should have been the humbling point for Crosby as the Atlanta powerplay that season was #5 in the league in number of goals scored and as the best player on the team already, doing that wasn't helping

Actually, everyone pretty much knows that Gretzky was a big crybaby...he's still a great layer, it's just annoying.

You see, I know you're dead wrong about this because the only time Kovalchuk actually celebrated goals was if it came in one of the following circumstances:

1) he scored against a rival.
2) He scored his second goal of the game (or third in the game of his hat trick against the Islanders)
3) It was a playoff goal.
4) it was a late game tying or potentially winning goal and even these were rare.

otherwise he was just kind of "meh" about it
or hot dogging empty netters... if we're going to judge Crosby based on how he behaved at age 18, it's only fair we do the same for Kovalchuk.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Slick Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Your just a hater, soo it doesnt matter

Top 5 Amazingly Awesome Celebrations
I doubt that it was a top-5 celebrations out of +100 years of NHL.

Old
09-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
He is faster and better acceleration, but then again i think Crosby is stronger on his skates and has tremendous ability to stop and go on a dime

Ok, I've got no problem with that, Crosby's a more agile skater than IK. And more than anybody probably. Still with their difference of weight and size, it's amazing to see such a 6'3 frame moving so fast.

Old
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Is this poll for real right now?

I voted for Kovalchuk just to be a dick, but is this a serious question?

Closed Thread