HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Kovalchuk vs Crosby

View Poll Results: Who is better?
Kovalchuk 16 11.27%
Crosby 124 87.32%
Even 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
  #101
TAnnala
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oulu
Posts: 11,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
You're the one crying about people overusing hyperbole. One to talk about "If you are mislead by one side sentence then you probably should not be posting here"

That's why i said 10 minutes as a joke. I maybe should have put a sarcasm mark there and not laughter. I just assumed that it was clear, to someone who speaks english as his mothers language.

I honestly don't get why you are so wired up now. But ill leave you alone now.

Please don't be offended again.

TAnnala is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:09 AM
  #102
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Yea and you bring up red herrings and strawmen arguments to the table because those are helpful lol

anyways bye, run.

GM17* is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
  #103
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I have to imagine he meant point per game.
No because IK's already a career PPG player. Biggest issue with Kovalchuk it is inconstancy, but when he's in beast mode, watch out.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
  #104
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
If Crosby did it to a player who is being a punk all game, just like Kovy did it to a punk all game (Crosby in this case), I'd applaud it. It's a reality check for young players, shut up and play the game. Keep yourself in line. Sid learned a lesson that night. You run around being a chippy baby and get yourself in the box, you'll pay for it where it counts, the scoreboard.
Great stuff. Forget Kovalchuk, forget Crosby.It was nothing more or less than a veteran schooling a rookie.

To those playing the Crosby hatred card, shame on you.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:35 AM
  #105
Cheddabombs
Status Quo
 
Cheddabombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Do people make these Crosby vs polls just to reassure themselves he's the best in the world? He's easily the better player and everyone knows that...

Cheddabombs is online now  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:45 AM
  #106
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!
 
dr robbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Is this poll serious?

dr robbie is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
  #107
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Here's the longer video for most of it



Greatest Celebration ever and completely deserved too. Interesting to see Crosby had 110 PIMs that season

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #108
hockeyr5
Registered User
 
hockeyr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
I assume this poll was about cellys so I voted Kovalchuk.

hockeyr5 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 02:38 PM
  #109
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Here's the longer video for most of it



Greatest Celebration ever and completely deserved too. Interesting to see Crosby had 110 PIMs that season
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).


Maybe for an encore someone should create a thread of 'Gretzky vs Mogilny'

leeaf83 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
  #110
22PePe22
Registered User
 
22PePe22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 22PePe22
Kovalchuk is more of a beast physically...

but skill-wise Crosby is the best in the world.

22PePe22 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
  #111
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,478
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofrostonoo View Post
Kovalchuk is more of a beast physically...

but skill-wise Crosby is the best in the world.
Skill wise? Kovalchuk is a better skater, has a better shot, has better hands. This is why hockey sense is so important, Crosby is a much better player based on his smarts.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
  #112
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Skill wise? Kovalchuk is a better skater, has a better shot, has better hands. This is why hockey sense is so important, Crosby is a much better player based on his smarts.
Better shot and hands for sure, but im not so sure about skating.

Saku11 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
  #113
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).


Maybe for an encore someone should create a thread of 'Gretzky vs Mogilny'

I Can't remember a single time Kovalchuk doing this under Devils uniform. For the most part of his goals, Kovalchuk celebrate them softly. but when he's scoring key goals during big games, yes the guy's getting mad, cursing at the crowd in Russian... And Devils fans just love this.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:16 PM
  #114
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Probably Kovalchuk but I don't watch Crosby much.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
  #115
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Better shot and hands for sure, but im not so sure about skating.
Kovalchuk looks better at skating if we take in consideration that he's really a big dude 6'3 for 230 (5'11/200 for Crosby). IK's got a magnificent set of skills but there's no doubt that Crosby is still a better player than him, hands down.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
  #116
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).


Maybe for an encore someone should create a thread of 'Gretzky vs Mogilny'
I'm well aware that his points dropped. My point was that he had discipline issues in the worse season to have penalty issues. This should have been the humbling point for Crosby as the Atlanta powerplay that season was #5 in the league in number of goals scored and as the best player on the team already, doing that wasn't helping

Actually, everyone pretty much knows that Gretzky was a big crybaby...he's still a great layer, it's just annoying.

You see, I know you're dead wrong about this because the only time Kovalchuk actually celebrated goals was if it came in one of the following circumstances:

1) he scored against a rival.
2) He scored his second goal of the game (or third in the game of his hat trick against the Islanders)
3) It was a playoff goal.
4) it was a late game tying or potentially winning goal and even these were rare.

otherwise he was just kind of "meh" about it

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
  #117
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
I`m a lover not a hater.
edit:Not awesome celebration.
LOL.

This is coming from a guy who has the most irrational hatred over an athlete I have seen on this site (Datsyuk).

Gold.

Also, Crosby AINEC.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  #118
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Kovalchuk looks better at skating if we take in consideration that he's really a big dude 6'3 for 230 (5'11/200 for Crosby).
He is faster and better acceleration, but then again i think Crosby is stronger on his skates and has tremendous ability to stop and go on a dime

Saku11 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
  #119
Saku11
Registered User
 
Saku11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
LOL.

This is coming from a guy who has the most irrational hatred over an athlete I have seen on this site (Datsyuk).

Gold.

Also, Crosby AINEC.
What is "irrational" and what is not is matter of an opinion.

Saku11 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
  #120
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
What is "irrational" and what is not is matter of an opinion.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...17613429&pp=25

You have almost 200 posts that involve Datsyuk, and almost every single one of them (I would imagine) is in a negative light.




I actually think Crosby is a better skater.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
  #121
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=73288 nearly cut his penalty minutes in half the next season and has never crossed 80.

Also at 2:25 in the video, the announcer brings up an often overlooked point. Gretzky was a whiner and diver early in his career before cleaning up his act. If the internet existed in 1982 there'd be the same hate for Gretzky that there is for Crosby. In fact maybe the humbling point for Gretzky was a similar type game to what we saw in that clip; the oilers running a hockey clinic being cocky and arrogant to the Kings in the playoffs up 5-0 before the miracle on manchester happened.

Notice how crosby all but gave up showboating? And don't try and say he hasn't, we all know darn well if he crossed the line on a celebration, it would be all over these boards. Like gretzky, crosby's matured. While they were decent last year, Ovechkin and Kovalchuk still acting like fools after 5-1 goals (regardless of whether they're on the winning or losing end).


Maybe for an encore someone should create a thread of 'Gretzky vs Mogilny'
False. Kovy didnt even celebrate his 400th goal. Only goals he would really celebrate are important goals in close games

Devils Trap is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
  #122
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I'm well aware that his points dropped. My point was that he had discipline issues in the worse season to have penalty issues. This should have been the humbling point for Crosby as the Atlanta powerplay that season was #5 in the league in number of goals scored and as the best player on the team already, doing that wasn't helping

Actually, everyone pretty much knows that Gretzky was a big crybaby...he's still a great layer, it's just annoying.

You see, I know you're dead wrong about this because the only time Kovalchuk actually celebrated goals was if it came in one of the following circumstances:

1) he scored against a rival.
2) He scored his second goal of the game (or third in the game of his hat trick against the Islanders)
3) It was a playoff goal.
4) it was a late game tying or potentially winning goal and even these were rare.

otherwise he was just kind of "meh" about it
or hot dogging empty netters... if we're going to judge Crosby based on how he behaved at age 18, it's only fair we do the same for Kovalchuk.

leeaf83 is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
  #123
Slick Eller
Registered User
 
Slick Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laurentides
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Your just a hater, soo it doesnt matter

Top 5 Amazingly Awesome Celebrations
I doubt that it was a top-5 celebrations out of +100 years of NHL.

Slick Eller is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 05:59 PM
  #124
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
He is faster and better acceleration, but then again i think Crosby is stronger on his skates and has tremendous ability to stop and go on a dime

Ok, I've got no problem with that, Crosby's a more agile skater than IK. And more than anybody probably. Still with their difference of weight and size, it's amazing to see such a 6'3 frame moving so fast.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
  #125
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,558
vCash: 500
Is this poll for real right now?

I voted for Kovalchuk just to be a dick, but is this a serious question?

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.