HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Xenoblade Chronicles available in Toronto

Old
03-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

vCash: 500
Xenoblade Chronicles available in Toronto

A place called Video Games Plus on Keele and Wilson is selling brand new versions of the game for $70, used copies sell for more than $100 online.

For those who haven't played it, one of the greatest RPG's of all time, the sequel 'X' is coming out for the Wii U and it looks fantastic.

Wolfgang Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Surprising that they're selling Xenoblade for a decent price considering that they tend to overprice some of the older games.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Not cool, I thought the title would end with "coming to Xbox".

Back to bring disappointed that I can't play this gem.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Surprising that they're selling Xenoblade for a decent price considering that they tend to overprice some of the older games.
So was I.

Good luck getting a fair deal on the game that's sealed online.

I remember seeing it in a bargain bin at Wal-Mart for 15 dollars and didn't think much of it because I had my own copy at the time. A year later I found out how rare the games actually were and felt like kicking myself.

Old
03-06-2014, 12:21 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Krauser View Post
So was I.

Good luck getting a fair deal on the game that's sealed online.

I remember seeing it in a bargain bin at Wal-Mart for 15 dollars and didn't think much of it because I had my own copy at the time. A year later I found out how rare the games actually were and felt like kicking myself.
Thing is, it's weird how VGP prices their stuff. I visited their store last week to see if they had Symphony of the Night available, I saw stuff like unsealed and no box Super Castlevania IV going for 70, and FF PS1 games go for 20-30 bucks. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how they price games, but from my knowledge...unsealed and unboxed Super Castlevania IV usually goes for 20-40 dollars. And PS1 Final Fantasy games have been known to sell for more than 30 depending on the condition.

Though, you might as well pay 70 for the Xenoblade since it's a fantastic game.

Old
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Yup VGP had some odd pricing. They had an unsealed Super Metroid and wanted $80 for it, made absolutely no sense(lol).

Funny Story, my sister bought me Symphony of the Night and Poy Poy(Konami Gem) when I was young for my birthday, she just randomly picked two games, both made by Konami lol.

I'm looking for a Symphony of the Night for the saturn though, I just recently started building my Saturn collection again, would really like to add that to the pile.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

SotN for the Saturn is no good

It probably goes for a lot of money since I've actually only seen ONE copy of it in my entire life and it's just not worth it

Unless you just want it for bragging rights

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
SotN for the Saturn is no good

It probably goes for a lot of money since I've actually only seen ONE copy of it in my entire life and it's just not worth it

Unless you just want it for bragging rights
Yup, just to add to the collection.

It did have multiple characters though, one thing I wish the Sony Version had. The only games that I thought played better on the Saturn were the Original Lunar Series and Xmen Vs Street Fighter due to the better RAM.

Old
03-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

The Sony version has Richter and Alucard

The Saturn version just has Maria added and really, she's nothing special

The added areas are nothing special either

Not only that but the game doesn't run as well either

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
The Sony version has Richter and Alucard

The Saturn version just has Maria added and really, she's nothing special

The added areas are nothing special either

Not only that but the game doesn't run as well either
In the end though, If I could add Maria and Richter(at the START) as well as hidden areas to the PS1 version, I'd take that in a heart-beat.

But you are right, the performance issues on Saturn with that game are terrible, load times horrid and they actually had to remove some items because the console couldn't process them properly.

Old
03-06-2014, 06:56 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

I think part of the problem is that because Rondo of Blood had Maria as a playable character, that it somewhat doesn't make sense that she wasn't playable in Symphony of the Night in some form.

The Saturn version is nothing short of baffling, the system had amazing power for 2D platformers, yet the PS1 ends up being the stronger game.

Old
03-06-2014, 07:00 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I wish I had bought this game when it came out. I had too many games in my backlog and figured I couldn't handle the time sink of another jrpg at that point. Now I look around and basically no retailer within reasonable travel distance has a copy. and I don't wanna pay 70-90 for a good condition copy online.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 23 GP, 9-10-4 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I wish I had bought this game when it came out. I had too many games in my backlog and figured I couldn't handle the time sink of another jrpg at that point. Now I look around and basically no retailer within reasonable travel distance has a copy. and I don't wanna pay 70-90 for a good condition copy online.
Check out Video Games Plus website, don't know their shipping costs though.

Maybe you can negotiate with them(if you actually want it).

Old
03-06-2014, 07:25 PM
aleshemsky83

I actually have had this game around a year on my modded wii, it's not that good, and once you get around level 65 you can get to level 90 in about a day by saving and loading on the bionics leg and then at eryth sea

aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
I actually have had this game around a year on my modded wii, it's not that good, and once you get around level 65 you can get to level 90 in about a day by saving and loading on the bionics leg and then at eryth sea
To each their own.

I was a big fan of Final Fantasy 12 so I knew I'd like Xenoblade's style.

Add that the two lead composers are Yoko Shimomura and Yasunori Mitsuda and I was sold.

Old
03-07-2014, 01:19 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

I got really lucky with my copy, wasn't really aware of the release schedule but just happened to wander into the nearest EB Games which I did every few months and they had a few copies left so I got it for $50.

Amazing game, spent 70-80 hours on my play through. I'm kind of torn though whether or not the games MMO like padding is good or not, in comparison to the much shorter but better focused The Last Story. I do know that I didn't like the level scaling of Xenoblade. Since I tended to OCD a lot I was always a little above the levels of the main storyline baddies, and I hated how the game nerfed you if you tried to fight anything 10 levels above you. Only things that were ever challenging were those big robots.

For the Saturn talk, I had one back in the day and loved it, est games I had for it were Dragon Force and Iron Storm. Kind of wish I still had it, must have traded it in at some point which I can't quite remember but I never had the chance to play Shining Force 3.

Another regret, in 2005 or so I was in EB and saw a Gamecube copy of Skies of Arcadia used for $50. I didn't have a Gamecube at the time, so I was kind of on the fence, and decided not to. Could have played it on the Wii I'd get get a year or two later though.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote