HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Last of Us

Old
06-17-2013, 12:30 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Triangle pops up on the ladder and then theres dialogue about maybe using the ladder, but then the triangle disappears and then I stuck not knowing what to do. Any help?
There's a piece of diftwood (looks like a pallet) you can grab to bring to her, so that she can get on and you can pull her across to the ladder.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Razor29
Bandwagon Hopper

vCash: 50
I've only played single player and it's pretty great so far. I just find it a little tedious that you keep having to bring over pallets for the girl.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Survivor mode is going to be ... hard.

There's no button prompts, the enemies react quicker and actually flank you.. and I'm going to die A LOT.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
There's a piece of diftwood (looks like a pallet) you can grab to bring to her, so that she can get on and you can pull her across to the ladder.
Do you remember where that diftwood is? I swear I've looked everywhere.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Swim up to the ladder (I believe under a large sign that has a "6" on it), and then turn 90 degrees left and swim straight. It's about a 3 second swim from the ladder (as long as you're at the part I think you are).

Old
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
It's just below the surface of the water, you have to dive a bit to get it.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:48 PM
SettlementRichie10

I swear, I get insta-killed by flanking infected so often in this game and it drives me totally insane. Really, really frustrating sometimes. I try to go stealth all the time and can usually only pick off one or two infected before they all somehow see I'm there and then it's a cluster****.

Any better strategy for engagements? I've been pretty frustrated. Great game other than that, though.

SettlementRichie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
I swear, I get insta-killed by flanking infected so often in this game and it drives me totally insane. Really, really frustrating sometimes. I try to go stealth all the time and can usually only pick off one or two infected before they all somehow see I'm there and then it's a cluster****.

Any better strategy for engagements? I've been pretty frustrated. Great game other than that, though.
Are you using bottles to distract them?

Old
06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:

I assume you mean clickers. You either stealth shank them or go around them (by using bottles/bricks).

Old
06-17-2013, 02:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Point blank shotgun rounds or molotovs to clickers always works for me. And yes, shivs are very good on them too.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Kamal007
FEEL LIKE PABLO

Can't find this game anywhere in the GTA. WTF man

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

Sounds like you're trying to fight them head on, if so you better have a good amount of supplies. Just need to be more resourceful and learn the various ways to take down each type of infected. Don't be afraid to run away and re-stealth from clickers. Use bricks and bottles plentifully, they are one of the few things that re-spawn in the environment and you're essentially given unlimited use of.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:57 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Anyone want to put together a clan/party for Multiplayer (assuming you can)?

That way we can work together in the best-of-7 mode, where you have to survive, search for supplies, craft items, heal teammates, etc?

Mics would be awesome, but anyone from HF would be cool. We can create a chat on PSN.

Let me know if you're interested and your PSN (you can PM it if you're not comfortable posting here).
I'd be up for some online team action. I've been playing online a lot since I've been stuck on the single player for awhile now. This game definitely makes sure the team that's working together will win.

Plus, it's an amazing feeling sneaking up on a human enemy and shiving him in the neck.

PSN: Gempire

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Can't find this game anywhere in the GTA. WTF man
Try Toys R' Us, Zellers, Mom and Pop shops. Someone's gotta have it lol

hell it might be on Kijiji by now
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-last-of-u...earchFormZtrue

Old
06-17-2013, 02:59 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Just starting winter. This is honestly so ****ing good
I think that was my favorite episode.

sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:56 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

I am totally surprised by how multiplayer works. Completely different components than from Uncharted. I haven't felt so much intensity in a multiplayer game for awhile.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:57 PM
SolidSnakeUS

It has some crazy depth on how games can turn out. Do right things, with the right materials at the right time can absolutely turn the tide of any match.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

LOL!

Old
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
LOL!
I know it has become a running joke, but that's one design decision I agree with. The way the game is setup, having to tell Ellie to stay would be annoying. Just managing an AI ally in general can totally throw a game off. Nothing would be more frustrating than trying to stealth and have her plodding around, or being forced to do commands that take you out of the immersion. Yeah, there are some instances where the AI walks right by her but for the most part it's beautifully done and ultimately less frustrating.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Fire AV
#FreeMcIlrath

vCash: 420
This is pretty much as far as we can take AI right now. Either have enemies ignore them or have them essentially disappear in battle like in Bioshock

Fire AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Don't get me wrong, I just find the "comic" hilarious. I ****ing love this game. It's in my Top-5 games I've played this generation - probably #1.

Last of Us, Uncharted 1-2-3, and Tomb Raider =

Old
06-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
I know it has become a running joke, but that's one design decision I agree with. The way the game is setup, having to tell Ellie to stay would be annoying. Just managing an AI ally in general can totally throw a game off. Nothing would be more frustrating than trying to stealth and have her plodding around, or being forced to do commands that take you out of the immersion. Yeah, there are some instances where the AI walks right by her but for the most part it's beautifully done and ultimately less frustrating.
This is my feeling as well.
If we had to direct commands at the AI companions and they were spotted during stealth situations it would make for a frustrating (not in a fun challenging way) game.
I don't want to play RE5 companion type system ever again.

I also love that she is smart enough to give warnings and throw bricks and bottles at attacking stuff.

Also, everyone goes on about how stupid the AI is. Just how smart do you think people are that have been living iin squaller and eating expired food for twenty years.
They also seem to be stupid enough to leave perfectly good alcohol laying around all over the place. If I lived in soe conditions every drop would have long since been consumed.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I just find the "comic" hilarious. I ****ing love this game. It's in my Top-5 games I've played this generation - probably #1.

Last of Us, Uncharted 1-2-3, and Tomb Raider =
Lol, you sure do have a deversive list of favorites.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Yeah...I started going on a rant about it earlier in this thread and then I remembered something.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
Lol, you sure do have a deversive list of favorites.
Haha, I guess Walking Dead counts as this generation too - and I loved that.

I love story heavy games. Games that feel like a movie and can get an emotional reaction out of me.

I play and enjoy a lot of games, but I fall in love with the games that make me laugh, cry, and get angry (not rage angry lol).