HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Jurco's goal was pretty sweet, nice patience with the puck. Callahan... Has he ever won a fight in the AHL?
I am sure he has, but not many. He usually gets crushed, you can say it is because he is undersized, but at this point I think it is because he is a pretty bad fighter. For the people that like to rip on Gator, he shows me more in this department than Callahan has.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:37 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am sure he has, but not many. He usually gets crushed, you can say it is because he is undersized, but at this point I think it is because he is a pretty bad fighter. For the people that like to rip on Gator, he shows me more in this department than Callahan has.
I feel pity for guys who fight a lot and lose a lot.
If you can't win, you shouldn't start fights -- except in rare circumstances (Someone cheapshots someone)
But lining up for a whistle and fighting only get humiliated? What's the point of that?

Old
11-25-2012, 10:42 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Thank you, man Tatar's got some legs under him. But that was brutal pass though Tatar intercepted it well.
Hard to tell how fast Tatar was going... but he looked pretty quick to me, and given my criticism of him 15 months ago, I'd say that's a good thing.

Good for Tomas for improving his skating

Old
11-25-2012, 11:42 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
His record in junior fights was amazing, only like 3 losses in almost 50 fights and now hes struggling in the AHL. I still think its cause hes a bit young to be fighting some of these experienced 30 year old men and that hes fought some extremely legit tough guys. I think he'll do better in the NHL because he wont have to keep trying to prove himself in the fight department and fight guys in his weight class.

Guys like Ott, Mike Brown, Scott Nichol, Dorsett, and Andrew Shaw will all be fine for him to go after.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
His record in junior fights was amazing, only like 3 losses in almost 50 fights and now hes struggling in the AHL. I still think its cause hes a bit young to be fighting some of these experienced 30 year old men and that hes fought some extremely legit tough guys. I think he'll do better in the NHL because he wont have to keep trying to prove himself in the fight department and fight guys in his weight class.

Guys like Ott, Mike Brown, Scott Nichol, Dorsett, and Andrew Shaw will all be fine for him to go after.
It's not like he's fighting seasoned veterans every time he drops the gloves. Half the gys he's fighting are his age who were fighters in the CHL like him. He's just not strong enough or skilled at fighting to make it. Ultimately because he cannot fill any potential roles at the NHL level, he is getting very close to bust level

Old
11-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Hard to tell how fast Tatar was going... but he looked pretty quick to me, and given my criticism of him 15 months ago, I'd say that's a good thing.

Good for Tomas for improving his skating
I'm not sure I've seen a player improve his skating so much so quickly. He went from average to really quite fast in about one offseason.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
JimLaheyprobert

anyone have a stream to watch the game today?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Brennan17

this should work

http://www.usagoals.com/live/270966-...ivo/tv/gratis/

Old
11-25-2012, 03:13 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
It's not like he's fighting seasoned veterans every time he drops the gloves. Half the gys he's fighting are his age who were fighters in the CHL like him. He's just not strong enough or skilled at fighting to make it. Ultimately because he cannot fill any potential roles at the NHL level, he is getting very close to bust level
Hes like 21, the guy he faught yesterday was like 27 or 28, give the kid a break hes tough, hes a way better fighter then abdelkader or any guy we have on our team besides tootoo, but give the kid a break hes 21 and still developing. Your not gunna win em all, ive seen this kid win a few fights, he just never backs down and usually fights really really tough customers. When he gets older a little bigger and stronger and more experienced fighter he will be just fine

Old
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Brennan17

my stream doesnt work. Anyone have a good one their watching it on? Thanks.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Blashill has the Griffs playing a bit like the Wings. They're learning to do those little things to create space like run picks after passing.

Of course, that could be a bad thing, depending on who you ask.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:27 PM
JimLaheyprobert

that stream isnt working, any other streams?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:36 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Jurco is looking more and more impressive each game. He really looks comfortable out there.

EDIT: Tatar with the goal. Is that 5 goals in the last 2 1/3 games?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Tatar is just on FIRE. 1-1

Old
11-25-2012, 03:43 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Brutal penalty there by Evans.

PP Goal by Milwaukee, Raedeke makes the mistake causing the goal.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Even though their PP is kind of bad, if you give a team with talented dmen like Ekholm and Ellis enough time out there, they're going to put one in the net. Bad, bad penalty by Evans.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Hes like 21, the guy he faught yesterday was like 27 or 28, give the kid a break hes tough, hes a way better fighter then abdelkader or any guy we have on our team besides tootoo, but give the kid a break hes 21 and still developing. Your not gunna win em all, ive seen this kid win a few fights, he just never backs down and usually fights really really tough customers. When he gets older a little bigger and stronger and more experienced fighter he will be just fine
He's at the age where he's really not gonna get much bigger. And in fighting, you usually either have it or you don't. Time will tell, but at this point it's not looking promising.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
He's at the age where he's really not gonna get much bigger. And in fighting, you usually either have it or you don't. Time will tell, but at this point it's not looking promising.
It's really not a surprise they've scratched him as much as they have. He's just not getting it done at the AHL level. It's too bad as he really upped his game in the WHL.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Really ugly 2nd period so far. Looks like they're tired.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Ok but a 21 year old fighting an experienced 28 year old, ill take the experienced 28 year old every time, and sure hes 21 he wont get much taller but you can always work on your strength and the more he fights the more experience he will get. Judge the kid when hes like 24-26 and hes with the red wings, not when hes 21, and the fact everyone is ripping a guy whos willing to drop the gloves is kinda frustrating because we do not have alot of these types of guys in our organization.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

God this PP is brutal

EDIT: SH goal by Milwaukee...

Old
11-25-2012, 04:38 PM
joe89

I don't know if it's the ice, but guys are having troubles with the most basic stuff. Not a good game at all and I don't sense a lot of urgency really.

Oh and those intermission shows are absolutely golden

Old
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Ok but a 21 year old fighting an experienced 28 year old, ill take the experienced 28 year old every time, and sure hes 21 he wont get much taller but you can always work on your strength and the more he fights the more experience he will get. Judge the kid when hes like 24-26 and hes with the red wings, not when hes 21, and the fact everyone is ripping a guy whos willing to drop the gloves is kinda frustrating because we do not have alot of these types of guys in our organization.
How many players who are regularly scratched in the AHL (and outside of their rookie season) make it as a full time NHLer?

Old
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I don't know if it's the ice, but guys are having troubles with the most basic stuff. Not a good game at all and I don't sense a lot of urgency really.

Yeah, they've gotten a ton of bad breaks so far.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post

Not a whole lot of rest two straight nights with 5+ hour bus trips and it shows. Probably Smith's worst game since the opening couple.

Closed Thread