HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - San Jose

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
  #126
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Would Schneider be of more interest to the Sharks? Or do they have no interest in upgrading their goaltending at all?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
  #127
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Would Schneider be of more interest to the Sharks? Or do they have no interest in upgrading their goaltending at all?
The need to boost the forward core is a much more pressing need so probably pass on Schneider too.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
  #128
AmazingNuck
Registered User
 
AmazingNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Then keep him. Sedin's the better player right now, but it's laughable for Canucks fans to go on and on about Marleau declining and then ignore the fact that the Sedins are on a HUGE decline.

Then you look at that playoffs, and Marleau's got way better numbers than Daniel. It's funny to me to see Canucks fans claiming they don't want Marleau because he's "bad in the playoffs".

Besides, Marleau is speedier, more physical, in a different league defensively, and can play center or wing. Pair Marleau with Kesler, and you've got one of the best speedy two-way duos in the league, who also happen to be 30 goal-scorers.

Marleau would be a great fit on the Canucks, I'm ****ing sick of Canucks fans claiming that they wouldn't take him for free. If his contract went until the end of time like Luongo's does, then I would understand. But it's a very good contract.
The Sedins got cold at about the ~60 game mark of this season. Before then, they were on pace for ~90 points+. Henrik even led the western conference in scoring. The season was particularly stingy.

The Sedins got shut down because their style of play is too predictable now, not because they are regressing physically. Also, Canucks fans don't want to admit it, but losing Ehrhoff impacted the Sedins HARD. The Sedins' style of play- hell, the entire Canucks' offensive system- is based on puck-moving defensemen.. and the Canucks don't even have one good puck-moving defenseman! Absolutely silly. Maybe this all changes after an off-season of adding to their games, but who knows?

Is Daniel a better player than Marleau? Offensively, yes, but Marleau is better all-around. As a Canucks fan, I would probably prefer Marleau and another player that is similar to Marleau than the Sedins on the Canucks. The Canucks want a big, fast, gritty, two-way image and they are basically building around two players who are the complete opposite of that.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:36 AM
  #129
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, that's not at all how I've seen it. When Marleau's not scoring, and that happens because he does score in bunches, he really amps up the physical play. He's a consistent elite defensive forward, but when he's not scoring you'll really notice him finishing his checks and forechecking especially hard. For example, in this past Blues series when Marleau was **** offensively (although in his defense everyone but Thornton was), he was noticeably hitting everything in sight.

There are a few reasons why Marleau sometimes looks like he's not working that hard. The first and foremost is just that he's an effortless skater. You'll see Thornton busting his ass back and you'll be all impressed because it's so obvious the effort he's showing, and then you'll see Marleau doing the same thing, but it doesn't look like he's exerting the same energy simply because he's that great a skater, even though his result is the same as Marleau's. The second is that Marleau is often the high-man, when he plays with Pavelski and Thornton. The reason is just because he's the only guy with speed on that line, so they need him to catch stretch passes and for breakaways.

I'm not going to deny that he's a bit of a floater, but it's not any worse than average, when people make him out to be Radulov or something. He's known for keeping in good shape, he stays very healthy, etc. I think it's really sad that he's got this reputation. He's 18th ALL-TIME in playoff GWG's. Even in that ****** Anaheim series, he had the Sharks only two game-winners of the series.

I think it's funny that you mention Clowe in that sentence. Thornton's obviously better than Marleau, and Pavelski is at least close enough that it's not laughable, but Clowe? Really? He's a pylon defensively, he can't skate for his life, he's injury-prone, and he gives the puck away like candy. But he has a reputation of having "heart" and "grit", so naturally everyone loves him and thinks he's a great playoff performer.
Great reply, thanks. In response to your last paragraph, my thought process behind including Clowe concerned his value to Vancouver in a trade. As you pointed out, nearly all of Clowe's value is predicated on his grit, not skill. We're still looking to add some more grit to our top 6 without sending back the amount of value required to get a guy like Perry. So although Clowe obviously isn't in the same league as Marleau in skill, I think his skill set is more attractive to us at this point.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
  #130
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Great reply, thanks. In response to your last paragraph, my thought process behind including Clowe concerned his value to Vancouver in a trade. As you pointed out, nearly all of Clowe's value is predicated on his grit, not skill. We're still looking to add some more grit to our top 6 without sending back the amount of value required to get a guy like Perry. So although Clowe obviously isn't in the same league as Marleau in skill, I think his skill set is more attractive to us at this point.
We have no interest to give the Canucks something they need and Clowe would be a pain to play against.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:27 AM
  #131
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 22,268
vCash: 500
lol, opps, wrong thread.


Last edited by Clowe Me: 09-10-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:05 PM
  #132
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNuck View Post
The Sedins got shut down because their style of play is too predictable now, not because they are regressing physically. Also, Canucks fans don't want to admit it, but losing Ehrhoff impacted the Sedins HARD. The Sedins' style of play- hell, the entire Canucks' offensive system- is based on puck-moving defensemen.. and the Canucks don't even have one good puck-moving defenseman! Absolutely silly. Maybe this all changes after an off-season of adding to their games, but who knows?
I actually think the Sedins scoring was limited because their style of play (lots of give and go and cycling) is particularly stiffled by clutch and grab which was basically allowed to go back to mid-90s levels after January.

Henrik still lead the lead in assissts and the West in scoring but if the clutch and grab era comes back, they will revert to their clutch and grab era stats just like they do in the playoffs when the rules are no longer enforced.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  #133
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,840
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
TB wouldn't do this, I understand. But lol at the people using the reasoning of Matt Carle and Brewer making Boyle redundant. Seen them both. Both are not nearly as good as Boyle.
Wrong thread?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:18 PM
  #134
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Great reply, thanks. In response to your last paragraph, my thought process behind including Clowe concerned his value to Vancouver in a trade. As you pointed out, nearly all of Clowe's value is predicated on his grit, not skill. We're still looking to add some more grit to our top 6 without sending back the amount of value required to get a guy like Perry. So although Clowe obviously isn't in the same league as Marleau in skill, I think his skill set is more attractive to us at this point.
I'd trade you Clowe if we could get a top-6 guy back. Booth maybe? I don't know if that makes much sense for any team though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingNuck View Post
The Sedins got cold at about the ~60 game mark of this season. Before then, they were on pace for ~90 points+. Henrik even led the western conference in scoring. The season was particularly stingy.

The Sedins got shut down because their style of play is too predictable now, not because they are regressing physically. Also, Canucks fans don't want to admit it, but losing Ehrhoff impacted the Sedins HARD. The Sedins' style of play- hell, the entire Canucks' offensive system- is based on puck-moving defensemen.. and the Canucks don't even have one good puck-moving defenseman! Absolutely silly. Maybe this all changes after an off-season of adding to their games, but who knows?

Is Daniel a better player than Marleau? Offensively, yes, but Marleau is better all-around. As a Canucks fan, I would probably prefer Marleau and another player that is similar to Marleau than the Sedins on the Canucks. The Canucks want a big, fast, gritty, two-way image and they are basically building around two players who are the complete opposite of that.
I definitely agree with you about Ehrhoff. For his faults defensively, he was extremely gifted offensively. I think that loss was extremely understated by Canucks fans at the beginning of the year.

I'm interested to see how the Sedins do next year. I think they'll be serviceable top-6 player for a long time, but I wonder how long they can keep up with the whole "leading the West in points" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Wrong thread?
I'd assume so.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:25 PM
  #135
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'd trade you Clowe if we could get a top-6 guy back. Booth maybe? I don't know if that makes much sense for any team team though.
Well it definitely doesn't make sense for us. It would have to be Raymond+ on our end, but I doubt the Sharks would go for that.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:26 PM
  #136
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Well it definitely doesn't make sense for us. It would have to be Raymond+ on our end, but I doubt the Sharks would go for that.
Yeah, that's a total no-go.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:26 PM
  #137
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
We have no interest to give the Canucks something they need and Clowe would be a pain to play against.
I know theres been discussion about it before, but Hansen for Clowe?

I dont think any Canucks fan is excited about the thoight of playing against "honey badger"

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:30 PM
  #138
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,840
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I know theres been discussion about it before, but Hansen for Clowe?

I dont think any Canucks fan is excited about the thoight of playing against "honey badger"
Raymond + Hansen for Clowe was received alright from a lot of Sharks fans, Although I don't like the idea of giving up 2 players that have upside for one that will be trending down. Maybe if we also give Vancouver the option to switch 1sts as well?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
  #139
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Raymond + Hansen for Clowe was received alright from a lot of Sharks fans, Although I don't like the idea of giving up 2 players that have upside for one that will be trending down. Maybe if we also give Vancouver the option to switch 1sts as well?
Yeah... People are so quick to move Raymond without looking at our lineup... A Hansen Raymond trade makes more holes that it fixes.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
  #140
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Raymond + Hansen for Clowe was received alright from a lot of Sharks fans, Although I don't like the idea of giving up 2 players that have upside for one that will be trending down. Maybe if we also give Vancouver the option to switch 1sts as well?
You can keep Raymond and give us something else then...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
  #141
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,840
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You can keep Raymond and give us something else then...
Hansen + B prospect for Clowe?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
  #142
bikesbikesbikes
Registered User
 
bikesbikesbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
I really like Booth and hate the thought of shipping him off, but I think Booth for Clowe might make a lot of sense. Sharks gain top six speed, Canucks gain size and grit.

Or maybe Higgins. Though again he's been awesome for us on a great value contract.

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
  #143
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You can keep Raymond and give us something else then...
San Jose
Jannik Hansen
Chris Tanev

Vancouver
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

Booth Kesler Clowe
Higgins Lapierre Kassian (awesome grind line)

And then a
Ballard/Murray 3rd pairing.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
  #144
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Hansen + B prospect for Clowe?
Do the Canucks even have an A prospect?

(I'm not exactly laughing at you, as the Sharks don't really either, just saying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
San Jose
Jannik Hansen
Chris Tanev

Vancouver
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

Booth Kesler Clowe
Higgins Lapierre Kassian (awesome grind line)

And then a
Ballard/Murray 3rd pairing.
Honestly, the Sharks don't need more right-handed young third-pairing defensemen.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
  #145
bikesbikesbikes
Registered User
 
bikesbikesbikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Do the Canucks even have an A prospect?

(I'm not exactly laughing at you, as the Sharks don't really either, just saying).



Honestly, the Sharks don't need more right-handed young third-pairing defensemen.
Careful, you're liable to ignite the Canuck fan homerism regarding our prospects!

We don't have much in the cupboards, it's true. Eddie Lack is our best one, Niklas Jensen is looking good, and Kevin Connauton is probably our best D. Despite what others may say, we don't have any 'can't miss' guys right now.

bikesbikesbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
  #146
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

Honestly, the Sharks don't need more right-handed young third-pairing defensemen.
Kk, well what would have to be the + in a Hansen + for Clowe trade?

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:21 PM
  #147
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
Careful, you're liable to ignite the Canuck fan homerism regarding our prospects!

We don't have much in the cupboards, it's true. Eddie Lack is our best one, Niklas Jensen is looking good, and Kevin Connauton is probably our best D. Despite what others may say, we don't have any 'can't miss' guys right now.
I remember I made a thread on the Canucks board about how if we signed Schultz and got a goo return for luongo (like Kadri + Ashton) we could go from having arguably the worst prospect pool to one of the best prospect pools.

He thought I was an idiot because we already had a top prospect pool.
He then argued that Jensen was just as good as Couturier, it didnt matter that Couturier was picked 3rd THAT year because draft position is meaningless. He then said the only reason Jensen isnt as good as Couturier is because AV hates him and wont play rookies.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:24 PM
  #148
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
This thread's famous: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...E7kIakSmdivLYF

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down...

""Perfect HFBoards Trade Proposal of the Week

User "Hi-wayman" is living up to the first part of his name.


Quote:
To San Jose: Roberto Luongo & Alex Edler (Canucks replace Edler's spot with Ballard)

To Vancouver: Patrick Marleau & Ryane Clowe
Great stuff.""

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
  #149
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,203
vCash: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
Careful, you're liable to ignite the Canuck fan homerism regarding our prospects!

We don't have much in the cupboards, it's true. Eddie Lack is our best one, Niklas Jensen is looking good, and Kevin Connauton is probably our best D. Despite what others may say, we don't have any 'can't miss' guys right now.
Yeah, Jensen is probably the only guy I'm particularly interested in, maybe Shroeder, as the Sharks have plenty of goaltending and defense prospects/young NHLers.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
  #150
Vankiller Whale
Bow down
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,840
vCash: 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, Jensen is probably the only guy I'm particularly interested in, maybe Shroeder, as the Sharks have plenty of goaltending and defense prospects/young NHLers.
Hansen + Schroeder for Clowe + 2nd?

Meh, I don't like giving that up yet, I could maybe see this as a deadline deal, but for now I want to see how Kassian develops. Hopefully he will get some prime ice time and starts making an impact.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.