HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Win Allays LA Kings’ Hall of Fame Announcer Bob Miller’s Greatest Fear

Old
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Stanley Cup Win Allays LA Kings’ Hall of Fame Announcer Bob Miller’s Greatest Fear

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Super sweet interview. Good job!

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Great for Bob, and I'm glad he mentioned all the fans who have been rooting for the Kings just as long (or longer) than him. He really is a well grounded person and I'm glad he got his chance at the cup. To bad Brownie didn't get him on the ice. That'd have been awesome.

Also glad that DT was involved in the party with Bob. Say what you want about him, but his face is arguably the most closely linked to the Kings as anyone. To bad he wasn't still with LA in some role, like Bernie and Luc were, so he could have celebrated this as well.

Edit: And yes, great article. As a journalist, I should have said that at the beginning!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
SLang

I went to Roski's day with the Cup yesterday at Pacific Palms in City of Industry. What an amazing party. Besides the Cup, Luc Robitaille, Bob Miller, and Jim Fox were there. Aside from their emcee duties, Bob and Jim were milling about the crowd of about 300 people at any given time.

I saw Bob right when we got there and went up to congratulate him. Later, I got to spend about 10 minutes talking to him. Let me tell you, if you think you like him just from watching him on TV, wait 'til you meet him. He is the most grounded, down to earth, and engaging person. On top of that, he is a fan.

We talked about how nobody pegged the Kings as a contender even though they were one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league in the last 20 games of the regular season. He talked about how nervous he was during the Finals and how he didn't really want to show it. We talked about the looming lockout and agreed, really, "who cares...we got the Cup"!

What a day, and what a person. I am SO glad he got to enjoy this...and I can tell you, even nearly three months later, he is STILL enjoying it.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:30 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Great article. Bob has to be the classiest guy in the league. He never forgets what and who's important. I remember after the game looking for him on the ice, and wondering how long til he got there. I really wish he could have been down there.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
The mitchrock
Hunk of Monkey Love

Great article! Loved hearing Bob's perspective on the celebration.

The mitchrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Great for Bob, and I'm glad he mentioned all the fans who have been rooting for the Kings just as long (or longer) than him. He really is a well grounded person and I'm glad he got his chance at the cup. To bad Brownie didn't get him on the ice. That'd have been awesome.

Also glad that DT was involved in the party with Bob. Say what you want about him, but his face is arguably the most closely linked to the Kings as anyone. To bad he wasn't still with LA in some role, like Bernie and Luc were, so he could have celebrated this as well.

Edit: And yes, great article. As a journalist, I should have said that at the beginning!
And DT a while back I swore was going to be OUR Tommy Lasorda...in that he'd be with the Kings forever... Even Lasorda got traded once or twice...but never once lost his desire for Dodger blue... I hope this still rings true for old Stitch here...even though he's with the Blues at this time...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 06:41 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I went to Roski's day with the Cup yesterday at Pacific Palms in City of Industry. What an amazing party. Besides the Cup, Luc Robitaille, Bob Miller, and Jim Fox were there. Aside from their emcee duties, Bob and Jim were milling about the crowd of about 300 people at any given time.

I saw Bob right when we got there and went up to congratulate him. Later, I got to spend about 10 minutes talking to him. Let me tell you, if you think you like him just from watching him on TV, wait 'til you meet him. He is the most grounded, down to earth, and engaging person. On top of that, he is a fan.

We talked about how nobody pegged the Kings as a contender even though they were one of the top 5 offensive teams in the league in the last 20 games of the regular season. He talked about how nervous he was during the Finals and how he didn't really want to show it. We talked about the looming lockout and agreed, really, "who cares...we got the Cup"!

What a day, and what a person. I am SO glad he got to enjoy this...and I can tell you, even nearly three months later, he is STILL enjoying it.
Shhhhh! You're giving away what's coming in the next article in the series about Bob (might not actually be the next article in the series, but it's coming)... :-)

Old
09-06-2012, 06:42 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Great article. Bob has to be the classiest guy in the league. He never forgets what and who's important. I remember after the game looking for him on the ice, and wondering how long til he got there. I really wish he could have been down there.
He did get there, just not until after the players had headed off to the dressing room.

Old
09-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote