HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Quick, where are those little heart paddles? The ones George Clooney uses!

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruschiki View Post
nipple chafing is nothing to laugh at.
Getting caught up on the running chatter, jj?

09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I can agree with the overall thought. However, dude, she's not a rat, she's a human, a wife, a mother of his kids. I can agree with being careful and cautious. But no need at this point to act vicious, or treat her with less respect. Game face. Act like everything is recorded. Act like the lawyers are watching. But overall ... Respect. Even if you find it difficult. Game face.
I probably should not have to clarify that I don't actually think that she's a rodent. It's not an uncommon cliché and I didn't advise him to act vicious or disrespect her. I was echoing others who recommended that he prepare for her to be vicious or disrespectful. Maybe I should have put Hare, but even still, I have met good rats.

JB seems to be an open book, respectful at every turn. Of course she's a human and deserves respect (even if her actions do not suggest she'd offer the same consideration) but caution is prudent. She's proven herself to be a person who will lie, cheat and steal. Her kids are the most important thing to her and her most basic evolutionary instincts are to protect them. When things get that heavy, people can flip that switch and lose normal human decency. I've seen it.

If she already has the OOP, I wouldn't put it past her to make up something terrible. She's losing, so she has to take risks.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
slip

Jim Bob,

Several years ago my good friend returned home from a long day at work and was promptly arrested by the sheriff. Turns out his wife had laid the ultimate trap: she convinced the police he was dangerous and about to kill her because she was about to divorce him (unbeknownst to him).

Well, my buddy spent the weekend in jail, thousands of miles away from his real friends and family. His wife not only got him arrested, but she made it so he couldn't see the kids for a month, she got to live in the house, milked the joint accounts, and to top it off, she did it all in the name of love -- the love she now felt for my friend's best friend who lived across the street! Talk about having your life completely destroyed.

To cut to the chase -- my friend fought long and hard to get his justice; in the end the courts agreed with him and saw to an equitable division of the house, accounts, and more importantly, the kids.

Last night he called me to say he's getting married again to his girlfriend of over two years (his ex, BTW, is alone and miserable). She's a great gal, he's never been happier.

To get through it, you gotta go through it, and you sir are going through it with grace, love, and gratitude for what you do have. That sort of emotional equanimity gets paid back in spades over time. You'll see.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:40 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I probably should not have to clarify that I don't actually think that she's a rodent. It's not an uncommon cliché and I didn't advise him to act vicious or disrespect her. I was echoing others who recommended that he prepare for her to be vicious or disrespectful. Maybe I should have put Hare, but even still, I have met good rats.

JB seems to be an open book, respectful at every turn. Of course she's a human and deserves respect (even if her actions do not suggest she'd offer the same consideration) but caution is prudent. She's proven herself to be a person who will lie, cheat and steal. Her kids are the most important thing to her and her most basic evolutionary instincts are to protect them. When things get that heavy, people can flip that switch and lose normal human decency. I've seen it.

If she already has the OOP, I wouldn't put it past her to make up something terrible. She's losing, so she has to take risks.
Well said sir.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:03 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
If she doesn't know it is being recorded it probably won't be allowed into court.
I've seen emails from an account that was compromised be allowed in court... shrug. Pretty sure they allow anything.

Haven't you ever watched a cop tv show? People wear a wire and get the bad guy to confess all the time...

Old
09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
As stated, NYS is a one party notification state. Only one side of a phone conversation needs to be aware that the recording is taking place.

For something in person, if they're meeting at a coffee shop or somewhere else public, she has no expectation that their conversation will be private or under spousal privilege.
When my step dad was involved in his divorce crazy stuff, for a very long time we had a recorder hooked up for every call he and his kids had. Buy a recorder now and get used to carefully picking your words, IMO.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Are you going to be financing through that dealership? I ask because I've been shopping around for used cars as well.

Interest rates on used car loans are stupid high right now, about 10% for people with even decent credit. I've considered joining a credit union just to have access to a decent used car loan option.
I wonder why that is... My mortgage is 3.125%.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:31 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
I wonder why that is... My mortgage is 3.125%.
Having spoken with my Finance manager, he's pretty baffled at how bad the market is for used cars right now. Thankfully our vehicles are certified so you can get them through VCI for <4% for 60 months, but BoA, Chase, Capital One will "promise" you rates like 3.5% but even customers with high credit scores (750+) have trouble getting approved at anything under 7-8%.

It actually helps our business because the cost of certifying pays for itself from the customers perspective ($2k up front in exchange for a much interest rate) and we get a decent margin on the vehicle anyways.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I must be lucky then. I just bought a 2010 Traverse. After my trade in and putting about $2,000 down, I have a $11,000 loan, 48 months, at 3.25%. If you have excellent credit you should be able to find something similiar.

Shop around.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Have any of you gentlemen tried NHL13 yet?

Old
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
AV18

Send a message via AIM to AV18
Sons of Anarchy tonight!!!!

Old
09-11-2012, 08:46 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
Another good day in court, even if I'm not back in the house yet.

#1 - I get to see my oldest at any hockey function moving forward.

#2 - I got my oldest son to a free hockey clinic last night over my wife's protest that he had karate. He had time to do both, she just didn't want to do the running around that a single mom of 3 busy kids needs to do.

#3 - Over the protest of the law guardian, I was given unsupervised visitation on Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon. Plus, the Thursday evening was over my wife's protest due to me dropping the kids off at karate. The referee obviously doesn't care that my wife is worried about me being around karate. Also, she'll have to return from the karate tournament in PA on Saturday sooner than planned due to the visit on Sunday.

#4 - The referee is postponing any talk of child support. My lawyer brought up the point that my wife has drained over $7k from our joint accounts since the OOP was signed. My wife claimed that she just paid her lawyer repaid a loan to her parents. My lawyer said the referee saw right through that loan repayment thing and that my wife messed up (again) when saying that.

My lawyer was into it yesterday as he's "frosted" that she got me kicked out of the house when even she admits I had been fine for over two weeks.

I also talked to my lawyer about the very different body language and attitude between my wife and I. I am comfortable in my own skin because I'm an open book and being open and honest. My wife is all tense because she continues to bury herself with all her lies and exaggerations.

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
One of the best quotes ever, been going through some (extended) family issues since my parents accident. Some of my (extended) family like to make things up to convince other family members to believe things that aren't true so they get what they want.

Good to hear and Good Luck !

Old
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Working with 3 people's schedules (mine, the HR director's and the supervisor's) to schedule an interview isn't easy.

edit: 10 emails later I have an interview Monday at 4.
nice job and Good Luck !

Old
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

You guys are going to love this plot twist.

So, the meeting went well. She wants to be friends and was open to the idea of going to mediation. She just felt like she was screwing everything up and her words were getting twisted and all sorts of stuff.

I didn't agree with her on a lot of things. But, the big thing is that we are horrible at communicating with each other on big, important things. She hears things one way and I hear them another.

We leave and I'm hopeful. I go home and go to the Y and then I grab a sub for dinner.

After I eat dinner, I check my phone and I have a text and two missed calls from my wife.

I call her back and she's freaking out that I might have been playing her tonight and that I might have been taping things, etc.

I talked her off the ledge and I told her I'd BCC her in on the email to my lawyer asking about getting this to arbitration so that I can earn some trust from her.

I'm hopeful now. And not just because I get a new car in the morning! (I'm leasing a basic 2013 Kia Soul with a stick)

Old
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Are you going to be financing through that dealership? I ask because I've been shopping around for used cars as well.

Interest rates on used car loans are stupid high right now, about 10% for people with even decent credit. I've considered joining a credit union just to have access to a decent used car loan option.
They couldn't get anywhere near my budget so I ended up leasing a 2013 Soul. Having a new car will be cool, even if it's smaller.

But, it will be better on gas and it has a stick.

I can't wait to get it tomorrow after driving my old rusted out s-box for so long.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:09 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Jim, one of these days, I'm taking you out for a beer man.

If anyone deserves it, it's you.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Jim, one of these days, I'm taking you out for a beer man.

If anyone deserves it, it's you.
Make it a Smartwater.

I don't drink. LOL

Old
09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Another good sign is that my wife sent me some pictures of the kids' first day of school after I asked for them tonight.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Afino
The Juice

Serious question JB - is there any way she may view this forum? Knows you post? Anything?

If that's the case, I'd stop it immediately. You never know....

I mean, I can't say jack ****, even if I wanted to. I've probably gone too far just in this thread alone

Old
09-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Serious question JB - is there any way she may view this forum? Knows you post? Anything?

I mean, I can't say jack ****, even if I wanted to. I've probably gone too far just in this thread alone
"If." That's cute.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Afino
The Juice

Hey, time heals all wounds.

It turned out to be for the best, all of it. It truly made me the man I am right now, and that's a better man.

My story is a lot like JB's. Hence why I'm feeling a ton of empathy for him right now.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:07 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post

If people stopped calling me JB I'd be all right!

LOL

Old
09-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
This might be one of the coolest Sean Connery GIFs yet.

The day is mine!

Old
09-11-2012, 11:39 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

So, all this openness is making me want to tell my life wife story. (Not to steal spotlight, but to champion the underdogs among us.)

In due time. In due time...

Old
09-12-2012, 03:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Closed Thread