HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Det

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2012, 09:33 AM
  #1
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Tor - Det



Franson + Steckel



Eaves + Emmerton + 2nd

Detroit can use another Dman to fight for the last roster spot and adding Steckel could help with getting a bigger 4th line center to take/win draws.

Could also swap Miller for Eaves if injuries would be a concern.

Would the value be close?

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:42 AM
  #2
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Doesn't TO have enough bottom 6 forwards?

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 09:56 AM
  #3
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Counter,

Franson + Steckel for Sheahan + 2nd.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
  #4
Brody
High.
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,362
vCash: 551
If you want Franson, give us a second/third pairing dfd that doesn't suck.

Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
  #5
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Counter,

Franson + Steckel for Sheahan + 2nd.
Franson is probably worth the 2nd, Skeckel is absolutely useless at everything but face offs so I can't see the wings wanting to part with one of their top prospects for that. The OP is close from a value standpoint but the Leafs have a plethora of bottom 6 players so I don't see them wanting to add 2 more

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
  #6
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post


Franson + Steckel



Eaves + Emmerton + 2nd

Detroit can use another Dman to fight for the last roster spot and adding Steckel could help with getting a bigger 4th line center to take/win draws.

Could also swap Miller for Eaves if injuries would be a concern.

Would the value be close?
I see reasons for Detroit to make the deal, but none for Toronto?

Eaves is basically a buyout prospect at this point, and Emmerton is meh.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
  #7
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Franson is probably worth the 2nd, Skeckel is absolutely useless at everything but face offs so I can't see the wings wanting to part with one of their top prospects for that. The OP is close from a value standpoint but the Leafs have a plethora of bottom 6 players so I don't see them wanting to add 2 more
More like Franson for Sheahan and a 2nd for Steckel (who isn't useless because he's one of the best faceoff takers in the entire league) because Franson>Sheahen.

Balances out real well IMO.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
  #8
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,784
vCash: 500
Franson and MacArthur for Filppula

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
  #9
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
Toronto doesn't have much of a reason to make this deal. Eaves is still on LTIR, and Emmerton is about as useless as useless can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Franson and MacArthur for Filppula
That's a laugh.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:11 AM
  #10
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,184
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Counter,

Franson + Steckel for Sheahan + 2nd.
Lmao, not a chance. Franson wouldnt be that valueable for us.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:13 AM
  #11
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Steckel is useless, Sheahan would probably be a better option as the 4C this season actually

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
  #12
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,184
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
More like Franson for Sheahan and a 2nd for Steckel (who isn't useless because he's one of the best faceoff takers in the entire league) because Franson>Sheahen.

Balances out real well IMO.
Not really. Franson is a fringe player for us, a 3rd pairing guy. He would probably see 12 minutes a night. Steckel is cute with his faceoffs and size, but doesnt do anything outside of that. Sheahan has almost everything Steckel has, plus youth and higher upside. The second rounder is meh, but it just makes no sense for Detroit to trade for another rostered forward and a fringe defenseman. I would rather roll with Kindl.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
  #13
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,632
vCash: 500
Show me a Detroit proposal without Cory Emmerton in it. I've yet to see one

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:42 AM
  #14
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Franson and MacArthur for Filppula
Absolutely not.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:56 AM
  #15
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Not really. Franson is a fringe player for us, a 3rd pairing guy. He would probably see 12 minutes a night.
Doesn't matter, Franson's value is that of a good young NHL'er who still has very good upside. He's easily worth a prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level yet.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:22 PM
  #16
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Doesn't matter, Franson's value is that of a good young NHL'er who still has very good upside. He's easily worth a prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level yet.
It doesn't matter? So you would trade a 3rd pairing 12 min a night guy for Blacker or Finn because they don't have any NHL experience? That's a pretty BURTAL argument

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:54 PM
  #17
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
It doesn't matter? So you would trade a 3rd pairing 12 min a night guy for Blacker or Finn because they don't have any NHL experience? That's a pretty BURTAL argument
It doesn't matter where you want to slot him on your roster after the fact, you completely missed the point. You're paying for what said player is worth (accomplished as a prospect or NHL'er, upside, age, salary, etc).

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 12:55 PM
  #18
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 16,990
vCash: 500
I don't see this working for either sides. Both need shutdown D imo and have plenty of bottom 6 forwards.

I think it's alarming that D-factory Nashville was willing to give up on Franson so easily. Yeah, he could break out but I'd rather play Kindl and/or sign UFA D.

And absolutely not give someone like Sheahan away. We need prospects like him.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
  #19
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Doesn't matter, Franson's value is that of a good young NHL'er who still has very good upside. He's easily worth a prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level yet.
Oh you should trade Franson for Nail then, guy hasn't proven everything at the NHL level yet.

(Note: this is in no way to compare Sheahan to Nail, it is just to point out your argument is bad and you should feel bad for making it)

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
  #20
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
Oh you should trade Franson for Nail then, guy hasn't proven everything at the NHL level yet.

(Note: this is in no way to compare Sheahan to Nail, it is just to point out your argument is bad and you should feel bad for making it)
You completely missed the point just like Boondock did.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
  #21
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
I don't understand how TO fans keep saying that they are deep on defense but their defense is so terrible. IfFranson is not good enough to play of the Leafs, it shows how bad he really is. He is good on the PP but that is about it.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:43 PM
  #22
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I don't understand how TO fans keep saying that they are deep on defense but their defense is so terrible. IfFranson is not good enough to play of the Leafs, it shows how bad he really is. He is good on the PP but that is about it.
We are deep with offensive dmen, it's called depth. That doesn't mean Franson is bad at all.

Phaneuf
Liles
Gardiner
Franson
+ Rielly was just added

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 02:30 PM
  #23
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Toronto doesn't have much of a reason to make this deal. Eaves is still on LTIR, and Emmerton is about as useless as useless can be.



That's a laugh.
the irony is that MacArthur and Filppula have near identical stats the last 2 seasons, and Mac is the younger of the 2.

GP: 155, Goals:41, Assists: 64, Points: 105, Pims: 74
GP: 152, Goals:39, Assists: 66, Points: 105, Pims: 36

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
  #24
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
We are deep with offensive dmen, it's called depth. That doesn't mean Franson is bad at all.

Phaneuf
Liles
Gardiner
Franson
+ Rielly was just added
Agreed.

I personally think overall we are kind of lacking on defense now. Last year at this time it looked like we had Phaneuf, Liles, Gunnar, Komi, Franson, Aullie, Schenn and Gardiner was starting to look very promising. Aullie blew it and is now traded, Schenn is gone, Komi still sucks and Franson I don't believe will be back. The only addition we can maybe add is Holzer who may or may not be ready to make the jump. We have some pretty good defensive prospects, but they are prospects. In my opinion we are currently lacking on defensive depth for next season, we are strong in offensive defensemen depth though.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
  #25
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 1376
I would like to see the Wings swing a trade for Franson, but Eaves has ZERO value at the moment because of his concussion. Last reports had him feeling, "not great".

Toronto would probably want Miller, but I don't think I'd do that because he's a swiss army knife player for the Wings.

How about Mursak/Emmerton + Ferraro + late pick for Franson.


Last edited by crashman: 09-06-2012 at 04:08 PM.
crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.