HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

How Was Brown Last Night?

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 09:40 AM
chas

vCash:
How Was Brown Last Night?

Hi Kings fans....

I'm writing from Guelph, ON, the junior home of Dustin Brown. I see he scored in his first game last night, but what are your thoughts on how he played? And how has he looked compared to other prospects? Any hope that he'll actually make the team?

Thanks.

Old
09-19-2003, 09:57 AM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas
Hi Kings fans....

I'm writing from Guelph, ON, the junior home of Dustin Brown. I see he scored in his first game last night, but what are your thoughts on how he played? And how has he looked compared to other prospects? Any hope that he'll actually make the team?

Thanks.
he was cool. and by cool, i mean totally sweet. clearly, he's young and needs some time, but i was really impressed. he seemed pretty aggressive, created some chances, and obviously scored a goal. additionally, he's bigger, and tougher to knock off the pcuk than i had expected. he won't be the next todd bertuzzi, but i don't think his size will be an issue.

compared to other prospects, i was especially impressed. gleason, for example, looked overwhelmed several times and i think definitely needs time in manchester.

brown probably won't make the team this year; there is just too much depth in front of him. however, i do expect him to be among the last cuts, and fully expect to see him get substantial time in the near future.

Closed Thread