HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

More talented player Alexander Ovechkin vs. Evgeni Malkin

Old
09-07-2012, 06:25 PM
PhillyBluesFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
sure, obviously you're the one in the wrong though...
In "hockey circles" talent is usually used to mean what you believe it means. But in most sports its used how I used it.

PhillyBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
Which is why i consider Malkin the most talented player in the league. He has it all, physical, mental, goal scoring, passing, stickhandling, skating, vision/hockey iq, etc.
You won't get any argument for me.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Kresnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Physical gifts + talent = winner is Ovechkin
Pure talent = winner is Malkin
But i would rank Semin above both..
Is physical strength not a talent, how so? Semin is not more talented, his born with a weak body and a lack of competitive.

Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:37 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
Is physical strength not a talent, how so? Semin is not more talented, his born with a weak body and a lack of competitive.
You could argue that, i would like to keep them separate. It doesnt matter how hard you work on your skills you wont be growing 5 inches..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:56 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
You could argue that, i would like to keep them separate. It doesnt matter how hard you work on your skills you wont be growing 5 inches..
Physical strength is absolutely a talent. There is difference between guys, not the training. I could train just the same way, as does Usain Bolt and i would never be able to crack his records. I could be training just the same as does Marian Gaborik and i would never be that fast.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 08:29 AM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
Physical strength is absolutely a talent. There is difference between guys, not the training. I could train just the same way, as does Usain Bolt and i would never be able to crack his records. I could be training just the same as does Marian Gaborik and i would never be that fast.
Yes i know, and i could train millenium and not be as good with the puck as Datsyuk. I just said i liked to separate them to this discussion, since comparing puck skills for example is more universal than comparing physical gifts.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:14 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yes i know, and i could train millenium and not be as good with the puck as Datsyuk. I just said i liked to separate them to this discussion, since comparing puck skills for example is more universal than comparing physical gifts.

I see no reason to separate them in this discussion. Since the question is about more talented. Now, if we separate the physical talents then it would be a landslide for Malkin. Malkin destroys Ovechkin in stick handling and using his linemates. Ov destroys Malkin (and everyone else in the league right now) as utilizing his combination of speed/size/shot.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote