HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Sec108

vCash: 500
Ho Sang has been a pleasant suprise for me.Being 16 I thought he would struggle alot more in the exh. season than he has.Like his strong skating ability and he's not afraid to stick handle through people to get to the net.Agree he looks like a young Taylor Hall out there.His vision out there will get better with time since this game is alot faster than he's used to.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
seen em all

Emerson Clark traded to the Spits, Good luck Emerson you will be missed in the Shwa

Old
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Emerson Clark traded to the Spits, Good luck Emerson you will be missed in the Shwa
He fills the final overage spot scored 12 goals last yr,a Hottot type player who is feisty and tough despite being 5'10''
I imagine he replaces Alonge,as well would not surprise if Spits move Bowen as has struggled during exhibition season
Clark and Bilcke on the same line oh boy

Old
09-17-2012, 05:30 PM
OHLTG

Where'd you read/hear that?

Old
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Libbs

Not going to knock the kid... but one would think with the NHL lockout that there would be more quality OA's. I'm not sure this team needs another grinder.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Not going to knock the kid... but one would think with the NHL lockout that there would be more quality OA's. I'm not sure this team needs another grinder.
It's a clown show down at McHugh and Renaud Way right now. Clark no different than when the Spits tried to fill OA holes with Kyle Tarini and Brett Clouthier.

Old
09-17-2012, 05:52 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
It's a clown show down at McHugh and Renaud Way right now. Clark no different than when the Spits tried to fill OA holes with Kyle Tarini and Brett Clouthier.
Actually Clark with 13 goals in 56 games last yr as a 3rd liner is not bad,certainly better and tougher then Tarini/Clouthier
I get what u are saying though I think Clark will prove more useful

Old
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
OHLTG

A clown show because of the possibility of adding Clark? You can't compare Clark to either Tarini or Clouthier; Clark has more offence than both of them, plus he's a scrappier player. Think of him as Wallace version two, which could be very good.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:02 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Actually Clark with 13 goals in 56 games last yr as a 3rd liner is not bad,certainly better and tougher then Tarini/Clouthier
I get what u are saying though I think Clark will prove more useful
I guess I just don't see the value. This team is really lacking depth up the middle a productive guy who can replace Khoklachev which isn't easy and the Spits do lack resources but where's the plan? With the 10 fight max rule in effect how can he be effective?

Back to depth up the middle you have Vail and Clarke then they are trying out Ho-Sang who may have to get moved just due to size issues. Are you then left with Maletta trying to play up the middle? If he's your 3rd line center in his draft eligible year how's he going to develop with guys like Clark, Bilcke, Marchese surrounding him? I have been critical that Maletta did not produce but how can you expect much if you don't give him chances to succeed?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
A clown show because of the possibility of adding Clark? You can't compare Clark to either Tarini or Clouthier; Clark has more offence than both of them, plus he's a scrappier player. Think of him as Wallace version two, which could be very good.
I would agree,plus more talented then Wallace,I know DJ Smith loved the guy just could not keep him in Oshawa with the other O/As
While Clark was not 1st on my list I am okay with deal for now
I just get the feeling that Spits feel Alonge is out of the picture,Bowen maybe as well,Hunter Smith and Ryan Verbeek not ready for prime duty.this kid gets the opp at a cheap price
Windsor fans will love this guy

Old
09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
OHLTG

While there are questions with C depth, Clark brings invaluable tangibles. Would you rather have Marchese skating at a reasonable speed towards you, ready to maybe hit you, or Clark skating full-speed towards you, ready to put you into Row K? He's not big, but you have to look at the mental aspect, too.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I guess I just don't see the value. This team is really lacking depth up the middle a productive guy who can replace Khoklachev which isn't easy and the Spits do lack resources but where's the plan? With the 10 fight max rule in effect how can he be effective?

Back to depth up the middle you have Vail and Clarke then they are trying out Ho-Sang who may have to get moved just due to size issues. Are you then left with Maletta trying to play up the middle? If he's your 3rd line center in his draft eligible year how's he going to develop with guys like Clark, Bilcke, Marchese surrounding him? I have been critical that Maletta did not produce but how can you expect much if you don't give him chances to succeed?
Maletta is a natural centre iceman who played wing for the 1st time in his career last yr,I am willing to try him there and hope he gets some chemistry with who ever plays with him
I know what u are saying re Koko he is not replaceable at this time huge hole for sure

Old
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Well the Spits never kept Wallace around as an OA because they didn't think he had value, doesn't speak highly of Clark if you're comparing to Wallace imo. If Clark was acquired what does that tell you what the Spits think of Hunter Smith a 2nd round pick last year?

I will say this Wallace was valuable because of the depths of talent ahead of him, he wasn't expected to do much and if things got a little crazy at the end of the game you can put him on the ice.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Well the Spits never kept Wallace around as an OA because they didn't think he had value, doesn't speak highly of Clark if you're comparing to Wallace imo. If Clark was acquired what does that tell you what the Spits think of Hunter Smith a 2nd round pick last year?

I will say this Wallace was valuable because of the depths of talent ahead of him, he wasn't expected to do much and if things got a little crazy at the end of the game you can put him on the ice.
Rayzor

You have to admit some time teams draft players because of projection probably the case with Smith,and sometimes u get it wrong,ala Brian Soso, and others I am sure Windsor not the only team not get it right on a big guy
though I get what u are saying
I can tell u that there was a division in the scouting dept of where to pick him,some said the 2nd others said the 4th or 5th

Old
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Libbs

How many guys can you possibly put on a roster that only have "intangibles"?

Why can't we get someone with some skill for once.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:15 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

What about HoSang picked at no 5 ?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:18 PM
OHLTG

Smith was also considered a first-round possibility before the draft. A kid with his size, being local, and his potential; you can't turn that down.

As for Wallace - IIRC, there were some off-ice issues that kept him from playing an OA year, no?

Old
09-17-2012, 06:20 PM
OHLTG

Quote:

Vail, Rychel, Ho-Sang, Maletta, Johnson, Shoenmakers, Bezuch...the skill is there.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:21 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Smith was also considered a first-round possibility before the draft. A kid with his size, being local, and his potential; you can't turn that down.

As for Wallace - IIRC, there were some off-ice issues that kept him from playing an OA year, no?
Actually Wallace and Rychel could not agree on O/a compensation
As it turned out Johnston,Carrick and Brown did pretty well as the O/as that year once the Spiys got rid of Clouthier and Tarini

Old
09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
What about HoSang picked at no 5 ?
You know I'm not talking about draft picks.

I'm talking about filling spots with thes "intangible" guys. Rychel has a bad habit of doing this. You can't really consider Shoenmakers (sp?) because we gave up some rather high draft picks for him.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:23 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Vail, Rychel, Ho-Sang, Maletta, Johnson, Shoenmakers, Bezuch...the skill is there.
I get what Libbs is saying a bit i dont think the Spits have the assets to pick up significant talent at this time

Old
09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Ottomatic

Basically he's the Alonge replacement. What did we trade for him? I guess this means Verbeek will be sent down to play somewhere, and Clark will play 4th line LW duties. Because Rychel, Johnson, Marchese will play lw on the first three lines.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Basically he's the Alonge replacement. What did we trade for him? I guess this means Verbeek will be sent down to play somewhere, and Clark will play 4th line LW duties. Because Rychel, Johnson, Marchese will play lw on the first three lines.
I think 3rd and 4th line duties for this guy and for whoever is not doing their job

Old
09-17-2012, 07:09 PM
KyGuy9

@ OHLTG You can add Michael Clarke to that group as well. The Spits have skill and potential. Now they need to secure goaltending. When Pav leaves in a season or 2, I'm not certain DeKort can handle it all? Just my opinion, and DeKort will (hopefully) develop into a better goaltender. Maybe trade some vets for a young 94 or 95 goalie?

Old
09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Sec108

Here's some info and fight scenes from Clark taking on Czinder last season.This kid can scrap.I do't know if he'll be of any real value in the Ontario Politically Correct Ballet League now adays.

http://thehockeywriters.com/emerson-...hawa-generals/

Closed Thread