HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Sec108

vCash: 500
Your right it was our city council's fault for lack of choice due to them not likeing competition.We love monopolies here for sure.GS wont even let us bring a Timmies in we bought in the WFCU but not in the main bowl.Can u believe that.???

And as for concerts its our proximity to Detroit's big venue's the Joe,Palace and DTE.

We wont be getting AC/DC,Metallica or Kiss anytime soon.

We have the best of both worlds just not in our arena.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:35 PM
aresknights

You'd have to check the agreement between council and GS to be sure it's GS keeping independent local Business out.
I know in London the city gets an increase in operating revenue (% wise) as the contract moves along.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Ward Cornell

https://twitter.com/TPSportsMgmt

just reported Hunter Smith traded to Oshawa

Old
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM
NHL Fanatic

Per Turning Point Sports Windsor has traded Hunter Smith to Oshawa

Old
09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
gmjohnny

u guys are all wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I see Smith using Bowen as a 6th-7th D man as well as a 12th forward
As for Alonge not sure if his season is done yet saw him on Sunday,even he is not sure,he waiting for more info,may play thru it like last yr
it is hunter smith for emerson clark

Old
09-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Ottomatic

Wot? A 17 yr old 2nd rounder for an OA? WR has gone mental. When Hunter Smith was drafted everybody knew he'd be a project - now we dump him for an OA in a year we'll be fighting to make the play-offs?

Old
09-18-2012, 09:38 PM
RayzorIsDull

Wow the best you can get for Hunter Smith is a guy who has just one season left in the league? I wasn't a fan of the draft pick but it doesn't speak well to how he developed. Can't keep drafting guys like Webermin and Smith and not getting anything in return.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Wow the best you can get for Hunter Smith is a guy who has just one season left in the league? I wasn't a fan of the draft pick but it doesn't speak well to how he developed. Can't keep drafting guys like Webermin and Smith and not getting anything in return.
Or trading second rounders for Marchese and Devlin or Shoenmakers, or not trading up in the import draft. Basically everything pose Campbell/Kuhnhackl has turned to be the reverse midas touch - everything WR does turns to ****.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
OHLTG

If it's Smith for Clark, straight up, I'm disappointed. Smith, while a project, could be a beast if he wants to be. His skating has improved a bit and it's just a matter of teaching him to use his size effectively. We'll see how tomorrow plays out.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:46 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Or trading second rounders for Marchese and Devlin or Shoenmakers, or not trading up in the import draft. Basically everything pose Campbell/Kuhnhackl has turned to be the reverse midas touch - everything WR does turns to ****.
With the loss of draft picks might be time to give some thought to sweeping some scouts. Can't mess up draft picks now since they have become more important.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
OHLTG

Take this how you may: Hunter Smith re-tweeted the Turning Point tweet.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:11 PM
SpItFiReZ

He's been dealt. For what is the question.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:12 PM
OHLTG

I've been told by another source (who got the Czinder trade right) that Smith for Clark is the deal, with possible extras involved.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
SpItFiReZ

This is getting ridiculous if that's the case. For an OA they likely would har cut loose.

Old
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
If it's Smith for Clark, straight up, I'm disappointed. Smith, while a project, could be a beast if he wants to be. His skating has improved a bit and it's just a matter of teaching him to use his size effectively. We'll see how tomorrow plays out.
I agree,would be foolish to jump to conclusions

Old
09-18-2012, 10:47 PM
etr102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Your right it was our city council's fault for lack of choice due to them not likeing competition.We love monopolies here for sure.GS wont even let us bring a Timmies in we bought in the WFCU but not in the main bowl.Can u believe that.???

And as for concerts its our proximity to Detroit's big venue's the Joe,Palace and DTE.

We wont be getting AC/DC,Metallica or Kiss anytime soon.

We have the best of both worlds just not in our arena.
Actually Kiss has played in Windsor twice in the last couple years (at Caesars).

I understand the point you are trying to make though. I'm just being a smartass

Old
09-18-2012, 10:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
Actually Kiss has played in Windsor twice in the last couple years (at Caesars).

I understand the point you are trying to make though. I'm just being a smartass
Actually the WFCU had Elton John last yr with over 7000 people sold rite out,concert was super

Old
09-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Libbs

Old
09-19-2012, 04:48 AM
punch1943

Tweet by Emerson Clark

Tweet from the new Spit..........

@EmersonClark32
@oshawagenerals had a great time the past 3 years ! Couldn't be more excited to finish my last year in windsor #Spitfires

With the 10 fight rule set for public consumption today or tomorrow this addition will help keep us tough enough.....

Old
09-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
https://twitter.com/TPSportsMgmt

just reported Hunter Smith traded to Oshawa
This is just brain dead ahhh duhhhhh WR lay off the Drugs why do we do this?Please any one try to think off why we do this? We have enough 2 way forwards, Grinders, Toughguys what we Needed Was a player that can put up more then 14 points in 50 games, and Let's just Trade what the hell warren WE DON'T HAVE SOME OF OUR DRAFTPICKS thanks to you guys paying off players and now your driving this team more in to the ground. Smith is STILL Young and he is still trying to find his own PERSONALLY I think it's only a matter of time and then in 2 or 3 years were going to be pointing at smith and saying we could of used him....I'm more then dissappointed WR is just looking lIke a moron so far this season and the spits are going no where other then the bottem of the standings.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Spitsfan67*

And to add our goaltending IS Shaky, Defense needs some work and WE NEEDED ANOTHER SCORER because I'm not high on Marchease and who knows how many points meletta and Clarke,Bezuch, and the Kid Ho-Sang will put up Just a dumb move we have an abundence of the same kind of player....I like the kid it's not that I don't BUT we dident need him We can't score it's as easy as that and No offense to E.Clarke but we should have waited if we couldn't have found a better OA, I would have been glad keeping that spot open and instead of fumbling around and doing a stupid pick up just to fill the spot.

Old
09-19-2012, 05:58 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

The last cut is the deepest, Clark traded to Windsor

By Dean Eastman

I guess it was only a matter of time. Whitby native and Oshawa Generals’ enforcer, Emerson Clark has just been dealt to the Windsor Spitfires, according to Clark’s Twitter (@EmersonClark32) feed. “Thank you @OshawaGenerals had a great time the past 3 years ! Couldn’t be more excited to finish my last year in windsor #Spitfires”, was the parting comment from the Gennies’ fan favourite scrapper-turned-goal-scorer.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/OG0001.php

Old
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
And to add our goaltending IS Shaky, Defense needs some work and WE NEEDED ANOTHER SCORER because I'm not high on Marchease and who knows how many points meletta and Clarke,Bezuch, and the Kid Ho-Sang will put up Just a dumb move we have an abundence of the same kind of player....I like the kid it's not that I don't BUT we dident need him We can't score it's as easy as that and No offense to E.Clarke but we should have waited if we couldn't have found a better OA, I would have been glad keeping that spot open and instead of fumbling around and doing a stupid pick up just to fill the spot.
Everyone has their own opinion. Mine changed after the 1st two home exhibition games. I thought the Spits first priority was a better back up goalie and I still feel that's something that needs to be addressed. However after seeing the younger Spits getting pushed around my thoughts changed to the need for a more physical type player.

If your team in general is built around speedy/fineness type players, they must have the room to be able to be creative and that's were the grinders come in. The Ho-Sang's and Bezuch's of the hockey world need guys like Clark, Bilcke and Schoenmakers to do the mucking and back them up when the other team is taking too many liberties.IMHO

Old
09-19-2012, 09:48 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
This is just brain dead ahhh duhhhhh WR lay off the Drugs why do we do this?Please any one try to think off why we do this? We have enough 2 way forwards, Grinders, Toughguys what we Needed Was a player that can put up more then 14 points in 50 games, and Let's just Trade what the hell warren WE DON'T HAVE SOME OF OUR DRAFTPICKS thanks to you guys paying off players and now your driving this team more in to the ground. Smith is STILL Young and he is still trying to find his own PERSONALLY I think it's only a matter of time and then in 2 or 3 years were going to be pointing at smith and saying we could of used him....I'm more then dissappointed WR is just looking lIke a moron so far this season and the spits are going no where other then the bottem of the standings.
If it is indeed Hunter Smith who goes to Oshawa for Clark I feel it's a good trade. It's no secret the type of player Clark is. So it's potential traded for someone who can play now. If Smith eventually learns how to become an effective OHL player it will be on the 3rd line which is where Clark will be playing and Oshawa will win the trade BUT as of now he wasn't good enough to make the Spits.IMHO

Old
09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
If it is indeed Hunter Smith who goes to Oshawa for Clark I feel it's a good trade. It's no secret the type of player Clark is. So it's potential traded for someone who can play now. If Smith eventually learns how to become an effective OHL player it will be on the 3rd line which is where Clark will be playing and Oshawa will win the trade BUT as of now he wasn't good enough to make the Spits.IMHO
I have to agree with punch.I feel WR did the right thing for our team right Now.I was disappointed that Hunter wasnt farther along than he was.Clark brings some scoring and toughness to our team.Bilke cant do everything now with this new BS rule.glad Hunter is going to familiar coaching with DJ.

Expect one more deal in the coming weeks for an OA goalie if DeKort is a bit shakier than anticipated.

Also WR knows the fans will eat this kid up.

Welcome to Windsor Emerson.

Closed Thread