HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
  #351
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
I know the draft room was split on the Hunter Smith pick, but they knew they were drafting a project, and that big players take longer to develop. I can't imagine he goes from long(er) term developmental prospect to suspect in one season.

Spits also should have waited to announce the completion of the Brown deal. I mean really wasn;t the trade announced as Brown for a 4th originally? Was the condition "a 4th rounder" and the Spits chose to send Ottawa's rather than theirs just now? Or was the completion of this trade part of the Clark for Smith trade in that Oshawa got the more favorable conditions on this Brown trade as part of todays trade?


Last edited by Ottomatic: 09-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Ottomatic is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 01:43 PM
  #352
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I know the draft room was split on the Hunter Smith pick, but they knew they were drafting a project, and that big players take longer to develop. I can't imagine he goes from long(er) term developmental prospect to suspect in one season.

Spits also should have waited to announce the completion of the Brown deal. I mean really wasn;t the trade announced as Brown for a 4th originally? Was the condition "a 4th rounder" and the Spits chose to send Ottawa's rather than theirs just now? Or was the completion of this trade part of the Clark for Smith trade in that Oshawa got the more favorable conditions on this Brown trade as part of todays trade?
Actually the suspect tag if u will is my sentiment more so then the spits I imagine,and while I get your pt,I really aside from skating have not noticed any real improvement,and if he was not going to be the top 12 best to move Smith now,then later when possibly the price returned is lower
I really hope he is not a Brian Soso story,at this time we just dont know
Hopefully a change of scenery will help him especially with a familiar coach

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
  #353
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Actually the suspect tag if u will is my sentiment more so then the spits I imagine,and while I get your pt,I really aside from skating have not noticed any real improvement,and if he was not going to be the top 12 best to move Smith now,then later when possibly the price returned is lower
I really hope he is not a Brian Soso story,at this time we just dont know
Hopefully a change of scenery will help him especially with a familiar coach
I think it just boils down to whether Clark can actually help the team. I don't think he's deserving of a top 9 forward so that alone as a 4th liner serves very little value. If you have him on the 3rd line is he good enough to play on a line with a developing guy like Clarke or Maletta I think that answer is a no as well.

I understand if you hold on to Smith and he doesn't develop his value is lower but regardless you're selling below what you drafted Smith at. The 4th rounder in 14 going to Oshawa as well so you're dealing Smith for Clark and the opportunity to move up maybe 20 spots in the draft in 2014? Not sure where the value in that is.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 02:23 PM
  #354
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
The 4th rounder in 14 going to Oshawa as well so you're dealing Smith for Clark and the opportunity to move up maybe 20 spots in the draft in 2014? Not sure where the value in that is.
4th rounder was sent to complete the Jeff Brown deal from 2010.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
  #355
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
4th rounder was sent to complete the Jeff Brown deal from 2010.
So it either makes the Brown trade look worse or this one. Maybe the Spits owe the Otters a couple more 2nd rounders for Marchese.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
  #356
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
So it either makes the Brown trade look worse or this one. Maybe the Spits owe the Otters a couple more 2nd rounders for Marchese.
I don't know. When the Brown trade was announced it was for a 4th rounder. Are we sending another fourth rounder, or did that original fourth rounder have conditions on it that we just decided as part of this larger current deal?

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM
  #357
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I think it just boils down to whether Clark can actually help the team. I don't think he's deserving of a top 9 forward so that alone as a 4th liner serves very little value. If you have him on the 3rd line is he good enough to play on a line with a developing guy like Clarke or Maletta I think that answer is a no as well.

I understand if you hold on to Smith and he doesn't develop his value is lower but regardless you're selling below what you drafted Smith at. The 4th rounder in 14 going to Oshawa as well so you're dealing Smith for Clark and the opportunity to move up maybe 20 spots in the draft in 2014? Not sure where the value in that is.
I definitely think he can slide or fit on the top 3 lines based on his 13 goals in 56 games last yr including playoffs especially if Bezuch,or others fail to perform As well injuries,etc I think he will be handy guy,character player who will hit and fight
While u are correct Windsor gets less value then where he was picked meaning Smith,many a team has to cut a guy lose to recoup some serviceable assets to lessen the impact of a mistaken pick based probably on projection
Under the circumstances I think Windsor did ok

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
  #358
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I definitely think he can slide or fit on the top 3 lines based on his 13 goals in 56 games last yr including playoffs especially if Bezuch,or others fail to perform As well injuries,etc I think he will be handy guy,character player who will hit and fight
While u are correct Windsor gets less value then where he was picked meaning Smith,many a team has to cut a guy lose to recoup some serviceable assets to lessen the impact of a mistaken pick based probably on projection
Under the circumstances I think Windsor did ok
I am just concerned this is a trend with recent scouting eg. Webermin, Smith. Big year for the development of Maletta, Bateman and DeKort if they struggle will Rychel dump them for picks?

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  #359
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I am just concerned this is a trend with recent scouting eg. Webermin, Smith. Big year for the development of Maletta, Bateman and DeKort if they struggle will Rychel dump them for picks?
Rayzor

No argument there all the above players you have written must show improvement
I would add acquired players such as Marchese,Devlin and Ebert to that group knowing full well they are a year older

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
  #360
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Now this is overkill - From the league tweeter -

Quote:
"If player is deemed to be instigator in any of the fights above the 10 game threshold, such player will be assessed an automatic 4 game suspension"

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
  #361
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Now this is overkill - From the league tweeter -
What would happen if he's already over the 10 game threshold and he instigates a fight and the league finds him guilty of bullying is it 5 on top of the 4 which is 9 or does the 5 game suspension supercede the 4 game suspension.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:12 PM
  #362
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
This leaves way too much open to bias.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 06:23 PM
  #363
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
'Wee Davie' Speaks about Sanctions

I heard a short blurb on AM 580 tonight on the sports segment around 5:00PM.
'Wee Davie' said that the appeal decision would be coming down in the next couple of days. [somebody correct me if I misunderstood].

I translate this to mean we'll get the bad news Friday afternoon so the hew and cry will die down over the weekend.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
  #364
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Now this is overkill - From the league tweeter -
I agree...this part is stupid.

I like the new fighting rules... but this part is dumb.

Libbs is offline  
Old
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM
  #365
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I heard a short blurb on AM 580 tonight on the sports segment around 5:00PM.
'Wee Davie' said that the appeal decision would be coming down in the next couple of days. [somebody correct me if I misunderstood].

I translate this to mean we'll get the bad news Friday afternoon so the hew and cry will die down over the weekend.
Probably the decision on when to hear the appeal will be coming down in the next couple days.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 06:32 AM
  #366
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Well a new season begins with usually brings about optimism although in Windsor abit of both optimism and uncertainty should be the case
The ultra competetive western conference will be interesting to say the least anywhere from 4th especially if Owen Sd does not get Maidens and Gavrus back to 7th or 8th
Alot may depend on the NHL lockout,injuries as most teams depth will be tested
Players not here from last yr,include Cullen,Holden,Macqueen,Braitwaite,Czinder,McCann,S mith and the most impactful loss Alex Khoklachev
New players including who were not on last yrs opening day roster are DeKort,Studnicka,Seiloff,Sanvido,
Mcnaughton,HoSang,Verbeek,Clark,the new O/A,Schoenmakers,Bezuch
Others who were not on the opening day roster of last yr include Devlin,Marchese and Pavelka
Overcoming the loss of Koko will be the biggest challenge for this team,improvement must come from everyone who played last yr
I expect HoSang to be most impactful rookie since Taylor Hall
Time will tell for this group,,and i cant for the season to start

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 06:37 AM
  #367
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Aside from the new players the Spits have the season also brings something new
It is the 1st time in 9 yrs that there will be a new TV broadcast announcing crew
I am curious to hear the comments of the Windsor and OHL fanbase,viewers of the new group after the successful and popular crew was uncermoniously dumped by TV Cogeco in a move not consulted with their broadcast partners,the Spits and the OHL

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 10:28 AM
  #368
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Windsor Spitfires Game Day - Home Opener against Owen Sound Attack

The 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season gets underway tonight with four games scheduled. Locally, the Windsor Spitfires home opener sees the Owen Sound Attack visit the WFCU Centre. Puck drop is at 7:05 pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0016.php


OurHometown is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 11:42 AM
  #369
SpItFiReZ
Registered User
 
SpItFiReZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Whose scratched tonight?

SpItFiReZ is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
  #370
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4IFURU18 View Post
Anyone know if the OHL outdoor game will be cancelled, if the NHL is still in a lock out?
From the CHL chat on yahoo sports take it for what it's worth Sunaya said if the Winter Classic is cancelled everything else is cancelled with it.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #371
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Should be a fun game, hope the spits can come out with the one prediction:

5-3 spits.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:45 PM
  #372
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Scratches for tonights game posted on our Twitter account @OurHometown_ca

OurHometown is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
  #373
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Scratches for tonights game posted on our Twitter account @OurHometown_ca

OurHometown is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
  #374
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,833
vCash: 500
Bateman scratched - must be hurt? With Bowen out as well does that mean Sanvido is dressing?

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
  #375
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Starting line ups

Owen sound
31 Binnington
2 Cutting
6 Rose
27 Nastasiuk
22 Lindu
9 Smith

Windsor
31 Pavelka
10 Sieloff
57 McNaughton
93 Bezuch
16 Rychel
17 Clarke

OurHometown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.