HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhfan View Post
Wondering if this same situation is true for Koko?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406137

from the article:

"The case is unique because the Russian was drafted as a North American-based player. [same as koko if I remember correctly] He signed an entry-level deal with the Oilers over the summer and those contracts include a clause that states CHL-eligible players may only appear in that league or the NHL."

unless Hockey Canada just signed off on it?

Never mind....found the answer:

"A difference between them [koko, Nick Jensen, etc.] and Yakupov is no NHL club explicitly assigned them to a junior team on Sept. 15 before the lockout went into effect."

Per Neate Sager [Yahoo! Canada Sports.]
They are in the same situation regardless of not being sent down by their NHL club. They are both still under OHL contract unless they have an approved transfer agreement from Hockey Canada.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:48 PM
hockeyboy4

big game tommorow night, real excited

Old
09-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Spitsfan67*

Haha Just saw KoKo get Hammered by Ovechkin on Tsn Highlights, Playing with Men now gotta keep your head up especially with Ovie out there.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Nyax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Haha Just saw KoKo get Hammered by Ovechkin on Tsn Highlights, Playing with Men now gotta keep your head up especially with Ovie out there.
It wasn't Koko that got hit by Ovechkin. There teams haven't faced each other yet. Ovechkins team (Moscow Dynamo) was playing Ak Bars Kazan. Koko is playing for Spartak Moscow.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
It wasn't Koko that got hit by Ovechkin. There teams haven't faced each other yet. Ovechkins team (Moscow Dynamo) was playing Ak Bars Kazan. Koko is playing for Spartak Moscow.
Oh my mistake guy was wearing 89 and kind of looked like Koko and his last name started with a K I thought the sportscaster just messed up his name.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Nyax

Quote:
Oh my mistake guy was wearing 89 and kind of looked like Koko and his last name started with a K I thought the sportscaster just messed up his name.
I only knew that cause I was checking out the KHL website and seeing the rosters of the clubs and checking out the arenas and whatnot. You know you're desperate for hockey when...

I had no idea Paul Maurice was coaching over there. He's coaching that Magnitogorsk team that Malkin, Kulemin and Gonchar are playing for. Cal O'Reilly is also on the team.

It's a strange league. Some teams play in 5,000 seat arenas and some teams play in 15,000 seat arenas. Kinda like the CHL I guess.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:48 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus Kitchener Rangers

READ....
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0023.php

Old
09-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Spitsfan67*

Hope my Prediction is wrong but I think there's to much power for the spits to handle

5-2 Rangers

Puemple with a pair
Czinder-block,Murphy, Rieder with singles.

Ho-Sang,Vail for the spits.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
I only knew that cause I was checking out the KHL website and seeing the rosters of the clubs and checking out the arenas and whatnot. You know you're desperate for hockey when...

I had no idea Paul Maurice was coaching over there. He's coaching that Magnitogorsk team that Malkin, Kulemin and Gonchar are playing for. Cal O'Reilly is also on the team.

It's a strange league. Some teams play in 5,000 seat arenas and some teams play in 15,000 seat arenas. Kinda like the CHL I guess.
Yea game never sold out for Ovechkin that's very surprising you'd think they'd want to catch a glimps of the best Russian of this era, but I guess not

Old
09-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Yea game never sold out for Ovechkin that's very surprising you'd think they'd want to catch a glimps of the best Russian of this era, but I guess not
In many KHL cities the economy is terrible. Even with paltry ticket prices many, many people have little disposable income in order to go watch and pay for hockey. Thus, the terrible attendance. Many of the teams are propped up by the rich Russian oligarchs. Phony economic situation as far as that league is concerned.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:41 AM
ORYX

Quote:
IMO that titles belongs to one Evgeny Malkin. But point well received, I was shocked to hear to debuted to a crowd of around 5000, well less then capacity.

Thats kind of disappointing actually.

As for the Rangers vs. Spits, I wont be able to catch this one on the tube, but I'm hoping my Rangers can out play an under-rated Spits club. No word yet who takes the crease for the Rangers, but with a back to back heading to London friday, this may be a game that Spott puts in Franky P. Might reward Gibson for his fine preformance in week one (CHL Goaltender of the week) with back to back starts.

Rangers havent scored 5-on-5 yet this season (2 EN's though) so the PP is clicking, and they havent surrendered a goal on the PK yet either. Something has to give, lets hope that when it does it isnt the opening of a flood gate. (well for me anyways )

Old
09-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Ottomatic

I think we're going to have to move a defenceman soon. McNaughton hasn't looked out of place at all and is probably our best PP option right now. And Sanvido has played a very basic but solid game and in an article in the Star today Boughner said both will play again tonight - meaning Bowen and another will sit. Bateman was a healthy scratch the first game, Devlin was a healthy scratch the second game. Now Sieloff isn't ever going to be sat, and either is Captain Posa so one of Devlin, Bateman or Ebert will be sitting. I don't think they'd sit Nick either. Devlin would seem like the odd-man out, but don't know if he has any trade value.

Ideally we'd trade this defenceman and one of our top 6 forwards to bring back a top line center/creator type.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:13 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I think we're going to have to move a defenceman soon. McNaughton hasn't looked out of place at all and is probably our best PP option right now
Can I please get a scouting report on this guy from everybody here cause Ive watched both games and preseason and last year and I just don't see what all the fuss is about...

Old
09-27-2012, 03:30 PM
KyGuy9

What do you think of this? Windsor gets Franky Palazeezs and Matia Marcantuoni (risk) for Adam Bateman, Jordan DeKort and John Bowen? Risk for sending away Bateman, as this is supposed to be a big year for him, but in return they get another risk, someone who could possibly add speed and scoring, even with his return from injury. I think he would play well with Ho-Sang. What do you think? That would mean our D-MEN would be Posa, Sieloff, Ebert, Devlin, Sanvido, and McNaughton, and Brown as a emergency call-up. Which to me is a very reasonable group.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
What do you think of this? Windsor gets Franky Palazeezs and Matia Marcantuoni (risk) for Adam Bateman, Jordan DeKort and John Bowen? Risk for sending away Bateman, as this is supposed to be a big year for him, but in return they get another risk, someone who could possibly add speed and scoring, even with his return from injury. I think he would play well with Ho-Sang. What do you think? That would mean our D-MEN would be Posa, Sieloff, Ebert, Devlin, Sanvido, and McNaughton, and Brown as a emergency call-up.
I do not personally think its a good deal at all for the Rangers. Franky is worth more of a return especially with Marcantuoni in the deal too. Bateman has only underachieved and is not worth the risk from Kitchener's perspective, Dekort who may turn out to be great is still unproven so that could be considered a down grade in net for the Rangers. Bowen is just tossed in there as he really would not help Kitchener in any way other than fights.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Windsor Chief

i do not like the sound of this proposal ... i think Windsor gets ripped off .... with 8871 thinking its bad for Kitchener ... maybe it happens.
Biggest complaint is that Frankie would be a potential OA next year making it a trade for now, i'd rather tinker now and gear up for next year

Old
09-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
What do you think of this? Windsor gets Franky Palazeezs and Matia Marcantuoni (risk) for Adam Bateman, Jordan DeKort and John Bowen?
Seriously......Why would Kitchener even come close to consider this trade??

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 09-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Seriously......Why would Kitchener even come close to consider this trade??
Will just keep Dekort who will be good, I've already seen good signs, and Bateman will get better, I already like Bateman way more hen Ebert that's the guy who should be on his way out... Way the defence is looking they want Sanvido up in the O same with Mcnoughton so 1 or 2 HAVE To go I think it should be Ebert, Bowen and Pavelka packaged for a good young goalie or a Good Young player with tons of upside IMO at least.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Windsor scratches vs Kitchener
are Bateman,Bowen and Verbeek
Devlin slides in for Bateman
Pavelka in Goal
Kitchener starts Palazeese in Goal
his 1st appearance of the season
Not dressed for Kitch are Lesway,Stewart,Moylan,Sterk and Schmalz

Old
09-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Ottomatic

What's the story with Bateman? Come into camp out of shape? Off ice issues? Banged up? He's been scratched two out of the first three...

Old
09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Spitsfan67*

1-1 after one shots 7-3 in windsor's Favour edge to the spits, Marchese scores for the spits kid seems to have a jump in his step tonight. Ebert looks confused on the ice again and does his regular slap shot into the corner instead of taking the easy shot on net,Guys Pathetic.Bilke uses fight number 2 with a win but he'll regret it in a couple months when he uses his 10 fights, they can't mimic last Thursdays performance they gotta come out with a full 60 minutes to get the win Especially against this Strong Rangers squad.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:32 PM
ohlws

Quote:
1-1 after one shots 7-3 in windsor's Favour edge to the spits, Marchese scores for the spits kid seems to have a jump in his step tonight. Ebert looks confused on the ice again and does his regular slap shot into the corner instead of taking the easy shot on net,Guys Pathetic.Bilke uses fight number 2 with a win but he'll regret it in a couple months when he uses his 10 fights, they can't mimic last Thursdays performance they gotta come out with a full 60 minutes to get the win Especially against this Strong Rangers squad.
That is only fight number 1 for Bilke, the only other fighting major the Spits have had this season was in game 1 against owen sound, emerson clark vs dan catenacci

Old
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Libbs

Seilof lowers the boom on Bailey!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

Old
09-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Libbs

....and he gets a 5 minute major for it. Charging.

I give up.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Libbs

Devlin is terrible. Why is he still playing as much as he is. I didn't think he was very good when we traded for him either.

Closed Thread