HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
That's one of the better wins in over the past year+. They played hard for most of the game and got great goaltending. I didn't like the call on Sieloff but it is what it is, he will probably be suspended now ala Kassian for 20 games. Sieloff would have been better off in the NCAA.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Libbs

I think his saving grace will be that it was charging... not a head check.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Devlin is terrible. Why is he still playing as much as he is. I didn't think he was very good when we traded for him either.
This x1000. 3 minor penalties 2 of them real bad, one horrific giveaway for the 2nd goal by Kitchener. Not sure if he will sit next game if Sieloff is suspended but Devlin needs to sit for some time.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
KyGuy9

Spits win 4-2! Marchese scored the winner with 0:43 seconds left in the 3rd and Clarke scores empty netter. Marchese was absolutely spectacular tonight. The winner, half breakaway goal, blocked shots, was absolutely everywhere. Bezuch didnt play. Anyone know why? Ho-Sang was quite invisible tonight, and made a bad giveaway in front of Pav tryin to go on a rush. Pat Sieloff finally proved he can fight. After hammering Bailey, he had a go with a player I forget (and dropped the gloves!) and did pretty well. Lots of good punches. But oh, with the style of hockey he plays, how will he survive in this league? I see him as a smaller Jacob Trouba. Maletta played well, as with Vail. Emerson Clark looks ok and got an assist in limited time. Ebert, Devlin, awful. Big game for the boys. Goals scored by Clarke, Schoenmakers and 2 by Marchese. Marchese the best player on the ice today.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:56 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This x1000. 3 minor penalties 2 of them real bad, one horrific giveaway for the 2nd goal by Kitchener. Not sure if he will sit next game if Sieloff is suspended but Devlin needs to sit for some time.
This times another 1000. That giveaway was so brutal in the 3rd. How could he possibly be so cavalier with the puck in his own end? Recoup a pick, get a new coffee maker for the bus, whatever the best deal is but make it.

We beat one of the better teams in Canada, and a 3rd line grinder/checking center/offseason proposal throw in Michael Clarke scored another one into the empty net. Of course our other offseason proposal throw in Pavelka played like a gem as well. So glad we aren't the GM of this club. It's only one game, but it certainly has to be encouraging to know we've got a game like this in us.

Where is Bateman? Is he too busy fighting crime and sticking the pepperoni to Vicky Vale to show up for games or what?

Old
09-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Spitsfan67*

I'd take Devlin everyday/night anytime period of the week over Ebert that guy is a Piece of S***, I have nothing else to say about that Kid. The Hit was Clean no hands up when the hit Happened But we all no if you throw big hits in this league and a player is laying on the ice for over 10 seconds it's an automatic 5 and Game, Sieloff should have just went to college this leagues a joke now, sure he's pretty pissed off because when ever he see's a chance to hammer someone he gets a five and an ejection along with it....this league is looking more and more like the NCAA, Cages are coming soon there don't worry Branch will do his best to let every fan down.

On to The Game, the spits Played a very solid game and out played the Rangers for most of the game, Pav stood on his head at times and Marchese played very solid maybe his best performance of his career, and M.Clarke has started this season gunz ablazin and has looked great so far, Can he keep it up? I hope it would be a huge boost. I also don't think Rangers put forth there best effort, I mean Puemple, Rieder, Faksa were invisible for most of the game, But the spits will take er and Move on to the Steelheads tommorow Without Sieloff in the line-up, Dekort with the start? I know he's from Markham and Steelheads are a weaker team this season might be a great time to get the kid his first start of the season.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Spitsfan67*

My above post it's not that I don't think Devlin is garbage because he is, it's just Ebert is unbearable He dosent hustle thinks Offence way to much and he looks lost, but for some reason he's on the PK and everytime I see him go on I start laughing, he's are worst Defensive Dman by far I really don't care that he is a veteran, Sanvido is better then him defensively. Devlin is garbage to but I don't notice nearly as much mistakes and flaws as I do with Ebert.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
SpItFiReZ

Your hatred for Ebert is hilarious. He's been our best dman or just behind Posa.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Your hatred for Ebert is hilarious. He's been our best dman or just behind Posa.
Your Obviously not watching the right game then.it's not that I hate him as a person I'm sure he's a good kid, But as a hockey player yes I do and I have since he was a rookie...thought he could improve over the years but he's at the same level if not declined in his progress, went from a top 10 NHL Prospect to the last player taken that there says pretty much everything.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:49 PM
OHLTG

I have no clue where they got 5/GM for charging from on Sieloff. I want to see a replay. If it's nothing more than he left the ice and the guy had his head down, I'm amazed. Five minutes implies he attempted to injure the pour kid...so show me that.

Ebert played alright tonight. He isn't doing too much and he's turning into a "less you notice, better he is" type guy. I have no issues with that.

Devlin, on the other hand, is scaring me. Giveaways right in front of your net just can't happen. On the positive side, he showed some aggression early on, dropping the gloves in a near-fight.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Spitsfan67*

They never show replays on the jumbo tron everyone was looking up and waiting anxiously for the replay but nope nothing.

Old
09-27-2012, 09:52 PM
hockeylegend11

Good game for Windsor they were the better team 5 0n 5,brutal call on Seiloff,league should be called nhl- no hit league,Devlin was awful tonite,I suspect Bateman will draw in for him tomorrow
Kitchener has not scored a non power play goal this season yet

Old
09-27-2012, 09:54 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
My above post it's not that I don't think Devlin is garbage because he is, it's just Ebert is unbearable He dosent hustle thinks Offence way to much and he looks lost, but for some reason he's on the PK and everytime I see him go on I start laughing, he's are worst Defensive Dman by far I really don't care that he is a veteran, Sanvido is better then him defensively. Devlin is garbage to but I don't notice nearly as much mistakes and flaws as I do with Ebert.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am not a huge Ebert fan but Ebert played very well in pre-season and the home opener. Tonight Ebert played a reasonable game. He's playing much better than last year. Posa has played well but so far Ebert has been the best D-man for the Spits.
His positional play has been much better than last year. Sanvido is not better than him defensively by a long shot.
Devlin has a good shot. He is not a good defender and takes way too many bad penalties to suit me.

This view comes from someone who did not drink too many tall boys at the game.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:06 PM
SpItFiReZ

Ebert is playing a very simple game and its needed. Windsor fans bought the Kool-Aid he was like Ellis because he played with Ellis and put up quite a bit of points.

This year....

-He is pushing forwards to the outside and unlike last year, he isn't getting beat by these forwards.
-He isn't trying to do too much with the puck and being fancy. He's keeping it simple like dumping the puck into the corner (like all our defense does).
-He is taking the body. Whether he is pinching players out, boxing them out or actually laying a check, he's doing it and usually he isn't missing them.

Devlin did not have a good game tonight. The call with Cznider was a pretty brutal call. Devlin didn't do anything at all really and Czinder went down like a sack of potatoes. Hence the diving call. Unfortunate play with the 2nd goal too, just fanned on it when trying to dump it.

Ho Sang needs to stop being so fancy, take the body even just a little bit and relax. Once he scores his first goal, he will be fine.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Spitsfan67*

did his usual fake shot/Slap shot pass to no one 3 times today at least, and he doesn't hustle, me and everyone around me were just laughing at ebert, I mean he IS better then last year but not by very much, he has his offence down patt but Defensively he's useless, pay close attention to him for a couple shifts hes always out of position and looks lost out there. I'll say he looked better today then Last Thursday's game, he was BRUTAL last week I mean wow he was on for 5 goals and was brutal hot caught 3 or 4 times rushing up the ice then turnover and he doesn't hustle hard to get back into the play....I would be very happy with Ebert if I didn't notice him to me that would mean a good game for him but last year those were very few of those.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:22 PM
SpItFiReZ

I believe Ebert is at 0 for +/-. Which is pretty good considering he and Posa play the most and we were killed by Owen Sound.

Ebert is Windsor's whipping boy, he can do no right. He's been quite sound defensively. Not great but our whole team hasn't been good defensively.

Ebert is like Campbell, Engelage, Mahon etc. Regardless of how good or bad they play, they still get jeered and even worst when they have a bad game.

Regardless, if Ebert keeps it up and plays this way, end of the year he will have had a good year for the team.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I'd take Devlin everyday/night anytime period of the week over Ebert that guy is a Piece of S***, I have nothing else to say about that Kid. The Hit was Clean no hands up when the hit Happened But we all no if you throw big hits in this league and a player is laying on the ice for over 10 seconds it's an automatic 5 and Game, Sieloff should have just went to college this leagues a joke now, sure he's pretty pissed off because when ever he see's a chance to hammer someone he gets a five and an ejection along with it....this league is looking more and more like the NCAA, Cages are coming soon there don't worry Branch will do his best to let every fan down.

On to The Game, the spits Played a very solid game and out played the Rangers for most of the game, Pav stood on his head at times and Marchese played very solid maybe his best performance of his career, and M.Clarke has started this season gunz ablazin and has looked great so far, Can he keep it up? I hope it would be a huge boost. I also don't think Rangers put forth there best effort, I mean Puemple, Rieder, Faksa were invisible for most of the game, But the spits will take er and Move on to the Steelheads tommorow Without Sieloff in the line-up, Dekort with the start? I know he's from Markham and Steelheads are a weaker team this season might be a great time to get the kid his first start of the season.
I am harsh on a lot of Spitfire players but if you would take Devlin over Ebert even after the performance Devlin makes your agenda obvious. Actually Ebert has been one of the better D this year, even tonight Posa was the one the put the puck up the middle a couple times right to a Kitchener player.

Old
09-28-2012, 01:59 AM
LeafsFan18
Go Leafs Go

Had a little fun with the 2010 Windsor roster vs the potential 2014 roster. I know some of you don't like to compare 2014 to 09 - 10 but keep in mind it was done out of boredom. Let me know what you guys think!

FORWARDS
Hall - Ho-Sang
Wallace - Bilcke
Johnston - Studnicka
Henrique - Vail
Kassian -
Ryan - Allen
Lanoue - Bowen
Shugg - Marchese
Nemisz - Maletta
Wellwood - Johnson
Woodcroft - Verbeek
Mitchell - Rychel
Timmins - Clarke

DEFENCE
Ellis - Ebert
Duininck - Bateman
Cantin - McNaughton
Fowler - Butcher
Posa - Devlin
Cundari - Sieloff
Young - Sanvido

GOALIES
Grubauer - DeKort
Passingham -

Old
09-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Spitsfan67*

Theres no doubt there is a trade coming very soon, within the next week or so by the way it sounds in the star but who will go?, Bowen for a mid draft pick? Bateman? Or Devlin, Through the first three games you have to figure its one of these three IMO Bateman should stay he's 17 and played good last year at times and bieleve he'll find his own in this league soon, I think it's inevitable that Bowen definetly needs to go he's a 94 birthday and over the past two season guy never could stay in the line-up, gauss were going to have to wait and see how the next week or so unfolds.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:02 AM
scokan

solid effort from the spits last night, wasnt really expecting them to come out with the W since they were playing a highly ranked team, but they played a good solid home game..
whats the story with bateman?
Ebert continues to be the scape goat for some reason, thought he played a decent game, not a great game but he did the little things, devlin was awful, was expecting him to be benched after that give away, took some dumb penalties. Rychel was awful, he couldnt except a pass last night at all, and on that note did anyone else notice on the EN goal, clarke and rychel were on the 2 on 1 and kerby was wide open after clarke had scored, rychel looked upset that clarke didnt slide the puck over to him, so much so that clarke skated over to him to say sorry.
hopefully they continue sat night

Old
09-28-2012, 08:22 AM
OurHometown
HFB Partner

Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus the Mississauga Steelheads

Tonight, the Windsor Spitfires continue their 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season with a road game against the Mississauga Steelheads. This evening’s game will mark the first time that the Spits will face the new look team from the western sub-urb of Toronto. Game time is 7:30 pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0025.php

Old
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Ottomatic

Clarke should have passed it if Kerby had an equally open chance to score - to get him his first one of the season to maybe get going. Kerby needs somebody to do the work for him like he had Khokhlachev last year - to set Kerby up for the one timer or get the juicy rebound. Given this is Kerby's draft year, I expect WR will go out and get such a center sooner rather than later if Kerby can't get going.

Ebert will always be a bust here because he came in ballyhooed as a elite kid who might stick in the show as a 18 yr old. He might be better off being dealt where he can just be a solid, unspectacular second pair defenceman.

Devlin better not play tonight - he was terrible. Even if Pat is suspended (shouldn't be) Spits should dress Bowen and Bateman.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Windsor Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Clarke should have passed it if Kerby had an equally open chance to score - to get him his first one of the season to maybe get going. Kerby needs somebody to do the work for him like he had Khokhlachev last year - to set Kerby up for the one timer or get the juicy rebound. Given this is Kerby's draft year, I expect WR will go out and get such a center sooner rather than later if Kerby can't get going.

Ebert will always be a bust here because he came in ballyhooed as a elite kid who might stick in the show as a 18 yr old. He might be better off being dealt where he can just be a solid, unspectacular second pair defenceman.

Devlin better not play tonight - he was terrible. Even if Pat is suspended (shouldn't be) Spits should dress Bowen and Bateman.
How about Kerby had better get down to business and start doing some of the work before Boughner has to bench him!
Ebert has improved this season over last.
Devlin had 3 penalties of which 2 were garbage calls and on 2 of the calls he went off with a Ranger. He just needs to keep his job simple.
For some reason our left-side defensemen all seem to play a simpler game while our right-side defensemen seem to create trouble for themselves. Perhaps its the difference of a role model - Harry Young vs Ryan Ellis.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Libbs

IIRC, Seiloff got a 5min major for head checking in the pre-season.... but go no suspension for it.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Spitsfan67*

I have a feeling were in for a high scoring game tonight, Thinking Dekort gets the nod and Martin for the Steelheads, Prediction 6-4 Spits, I think Rychel will Break out with 2 or 3 points and Hopefully Ho-sang can pot one tonight.

Closed Thread