HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 06:32 PM
  #601
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Have to agree with this. I am not botheed by the fact the Spits got Bezuch I am more bothered by the fact the Spits had a very poor import draft and ended up taking a guy off the scrap heap. Not sure why they had to take a 2nd import player. I hate a player taking up an import and OA slot but I would have claimed Olden off waivers the moment Erie let him go. He's a big body, he was actually somewhat productive in his rookie year with Erie and he would probably fit in well in one of the top 2 lines.
I get what u are saying re Olden I was intrigued by him as well,if he was a centerman I would have really been interested,although I know he double the assists then goals with Erie last yr 11 and 21
Windsor can really use a playmaking center

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
  #602
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Bezuch had 64 points in 37 games the year before he went to the WHL. He has the offensive talent, but he hasn't been able to get going. I'm not going to write him off just yet.
Dont disagree with what u are saying though I think he might be on a short leash
He has not produced as expected,he is too small to be effective in other areas,I like his speed and skill but the scoring has not been evident
Would not surprise me if he is 1 of the 3 floating cards teams are allowed to have until Oct 10

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
  #603
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Bezuch had 64 points in 37 games the year before he went to the WHL. He has the offensive talent, but he hasn't been able to get going. I'm not going to write him off just yet.
I find it tough to make conclusions on how a guy will transfer his game from europe to the chl. Bezuch also has year under his belt in the WHL and now he's in the OHL. He had to have gone through waivers so every team in the WHL had a crack at him those same teams got to see him play and they decided to pass on him. Now he's here as a 19 year old he has played 71 games in the CHL and has 8 goals. He's not going to be in Windsor as on OA and quite frankly it isn't too soon to make judgments on the player, in fact he was a healthy scratch yesterday. He's not moving in the right direction and time is running out on him.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
  #604
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
1) Why can we pass judgement on Bezuch given his small sample size, yet we can't do the same for Spencer Martin?

2) We know the team is rotating through players because of the excess we have. Bowen, Devlin, Bateman, Bezuch, and Verbeek have all been in-and-out of the lineup since opening night for that exact reason.

3) my point with Bezuch is the offence is there, we just haven't seen it yet.

4) How much playing time did he get in the WHL? Look at Brady Vail - 10 points as a Spitfires rookie and now he's exploded with playing time.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
  #605
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I find it tough to make conclusions on how a guy will transfer his game from europe to the chl. Bezuch also has year under his belt in the WHL and now he's in the OHL. He had to have gone through waivers so every team in the WHL had a crack at him those same teams got to see him play and they decided to pass on him. Now he's here as a 19 year old he has played 71 games in the CHL and has 8 goals. He's not going to be in Windsor as on OA and quite frankly it isn't too soon to make judgments on the player, in fact he was a healthy scratch yesterday. He's not moving in the right direction and time is running out on him.
I dont see him playing the next 2 games either against Guelph a team thats difficult to play against and London on Friday thats lost 2 straight
Unless the Spits play poorly or if injuries hit I doubt he gets in
To me Verbeek has played well to stay in,same goes to a lesser degree with Studnicka

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 09:56 PM
  #606
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
1) Why can we pass judgement on Bezuch given his small sample size, yet we can't do the same for Spencer Martin?

2) We know the team is rotating through players because of the excess we have. Bowen, Devlin, Bateman, Bezuch, and Verbeek have all been in-and-out of the lineup since opening night for that exact reason.

3) my point with Bezuch is the offence is there, we just haven't seen it yet.

4) How much playing time did he get in the WHL? Look at Brady Vail - 10 points as a Spitfires rookie and now he's exploded with playing time.
As for 1. Bezuch is 19 years old and Martin is 17 years old. Martin played 15 games in the OHL last year and Bezuch played 67 games in the WHL. 67>15

2. They are rotating guys not because of excess but because of poor performances. Do you think Bateman would have been playing if it wasn't for Devlin being so poor opening night and then against Kitchener?

3. How do we know the offense is there? You recited stats from when he was in the Slovakian league.

4. The comparison between Vail and Bezuch is poor. The only mitigating circumstance for Bezuch last year was it was his first year in NA and might be an adjustment but I have watched games on tv and Bezuch does very little. He won't win battles in the corner, he's not even comfortable skating with the puck. I also don't need to know how much ice time Bezuch got if he would have been productive he would have gotten more ice time. One adage is true in sports if you play and produce you will get more opportunities. I would be surprised if Bezuch is still with the team by Christmas.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:29 AM
  #607
punch1943
Registered User
 
punch1943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I get what u are saying re Olden I was intrigued by him as well,if he was a centerman I would have really been interested,although I know he double the assists then goals with Erie last yr 11 and 21
Windsor can really use a playmaking center
I love Olden's game and he would be a great addition BUT not only is he an import, he is an over-ager as well. You'd need to make at least 2 trades to get rid of an import and an over-ager to clear a spot for him.

punch1943 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:42 AM
  #608
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I love Olden's game and he would be a great addition BUT not only is he an import, he is an over-ager as well. You'd need to make at least 2 trades to get rid of an import and an over-ager to clear a spot for him.
As a previous poster stated prior to mine I knew he is an import plus an o/a so other moves would have to be done u are correct
If Olden were a true centreman I would have done it if i were the spits

hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
  #609
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
As a previous poster stated prior to mine I knew he is an import plus an o/a so other moves would have to be done u are correct
If Olden were a true centreman I would have done it if i were the spits
Yeah, I'd trade Clark and Bezuch for an OA Import who could play a top 6 role.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
  #610
etr102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Windsor, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
With the lack of NHL hockey I got thinking about something.

In an alternate timeline, let's say the CBA expired prior to the 2010-2011 Season, and as such, the 2010-2011 NHL season was cancelled.

How would this have affected the Spitfires? Could we have had a 3-Peat?

Hall and Fowler would have had nowhere to go but back to Junior.

What would our OA spots have been like? Would the NHL strike have caused a log jam at the AHL? Could we ended up getting any of Henrique, Wellwood, Nemisz, or Cundari back as an OA?

Add to that, the players we had in reality that season (Kassian, Ellis, Koko, Kuhnhackl, etc)

Obviously this is a pointless question full of 'what ifs' but I thought it might be fun to imagine what could have been in an alternate reality.

etr102 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
  #611
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
As for 1. Bezuch is 19 years old and Martin is 17 years old. Martin played 15 games in the OHL last year and Bezuch played 67 games in the WHL. 67>15

2. They are rotating guys not because of excess but because of poor performances. Do you think Bateman would have been playing if it wasn't for Devlin being so poor opening night and then against Kitchener?

3. How do we know the offense is there? You recited stats from when he was in the Slovakian league.

4. The comparison between Vail and Bezuch is poor. The only mitigating circumstance for Bezuch last year was it was his first year in NA and might be an adjustment but I have watched games on tv and Bezuch does very little. He won't win battles in the corner, he's not even comfortable skating with the puck. I also don't need to know how much ice time Bezuch got if he would have been productive he would have gotten more ice time. One adage is true in sports if you play and produce you will get more opportunities. I would be surprised if Bezuch is still with the team by Christmas.
1. Still a question of playing time. If you play 67 games, but put up 5 minutes a game, you've essentially played 20-25 games at most.

2. If they didn't have an excess, they wouldn't rotate. While poor performances don't help, they've still got too many players so have to see who's doing what.

3. Where else would you like me to get the stats from? Don't you go into the European leagues when looking at Imports, usually? Unless I know how much ice time he got in WHL, I go with the Slovakian stats, and those show he can score.

4. Bezuch is like any other rookie in the O - he's adjusting. Kuhnhackl didn't produce much early on, yet he turned into a 40-goal scorer. Give the kid ice time, and the chance to develop chemistry, and I'm sure he'll be fine. It's the first week in October, not February.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
  #612
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr102 View Post
With the lack of NHL hockey I got thinking about something.

In an alternate timeline, let's say the CBA expired prior to the 2010-2011 Season, and as such, the 2010-2011 NHL season was cancelled.

How would this have affected the Spitfires? Could we have had a 3-Peat?

Hall and Fowler would have had nowhere to go but back to Junior.

What would our OA spots have been like? Would the NHL strike have caused a log jam at the AHL? Could we ended up getting any of Henrique, Wellwood, Nemisz, or Cundari back as an OA?

Add to that, the players we had in reality that season (Kassian, Ellis, Koko, Kuhnhackl, etc)

Obviously this is a pointless question full of 'what ifs' but I thought it might be fun to imagine what could have been in an alternate reality.
Windsor would have been a powerhouse that year as well - while the OA's would likely not have returned, you'd have had another year of bigger/stronger/faster Hall and Fowler to more than pick up the slack.

That team would have been scary good.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
  #613
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Windsor would have been a powerhouse that year as well - while the OA's would likely not have returned, you'd have had another year of bigger/stronger/faster Hall and Fowler to more than pick up the slack.

That team would have been scary good.
And would have kept Shugg and Cantin. Possibly gotten Cundari back as an OA.

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
  #614
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
1. Still a question of playing time. If you play 67 games, but put up 5 minutes a game, you've essentially played 20-25 games at most.

2. If they didn't have an excess, they wouldn't rotate. While poor performances don't help, they've still got too many players so have to see who's doing what.

3. Where else would you like me to get the stats from? Don't you go into the European leagues when looking at Imports, usually? Unless I know how much ice time he got in WHL, I go with the Slovakian stats, and those show he can score.

4. Bezuch is like any other rookie in the O - he's adjusting. Kuhnhackl didn't produce much early on, yet he turned into a 40-goal scorer. Give the kid ice time, and the chance to develop chemistry, and I'm sure he'll be fine. It's the first week in October, not February.
Is it really a question of playing time if you haven't produced you aren't going to get the ice time and it's not like if he's productive he will sit.

They don't really have too many players when you consider it's no different than normal years eg. in 08/09 Dubois, Soucie and Woodcroft would routinely be scratched.

All his stats showed was he could produce in Slovakia it doesn't mean his game transfers for the CHL.

Kuhnhackl was also an NHL draft pick. Is Bezuch drafted by an NHL team? I am willing to make a wager that Bezuch isn't even on the team come February.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
  #615
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Is it really a question of playing time if you haven't produced you aren't going to get the ice time and it's not like if he's productive he will sit.

They don't really have too many players when you consider it's no different than normal years eg. in 08/09 Dubois, Soucie and Woodcroft would routinely be scratched.

All his stats showed was he could produce in Slovakia it doesn't mean his game transfers for the CHL.

Kuhnhackl was also an NHL draft pick. Is Bezuch drafted by an NHL team? I am willing to make a wager that Bezuch isn't even on the team come February.
February? I'd say before Christmas break, would of rather have kept a YOUNGER Lonin to play fourth line, kid at least got drafted into KHL.And would have more time for improving

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:04 PM
  #616
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Prediction for tonight's game 4-3 Spits in OT Or a Shootout.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 03:03 PM
  #617
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
The next two games will be interesting. Both like the force the issue and get in on a forecheck London moreso than Guelph but Guelph pressured Windsor a lot last year and they probably should try and do the same.

RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM
  #618
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Pav and Sparks are the starters and Bezuch and obviously Bowen are out, kinda feel bad for Bowen if your not going to let him play put him on waivers or trade him. He wants out pretty clear hasn't really had a shot the past 2 seasons.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:38 PM
  #619
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Bateman is out again as well it seems - healthy scratch. He should ask to be traded. Might be the best for us as well given we could package him with one of our top 6-7 and get a top line pass first center.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
  #620
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,056
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chl-live

Broadcasting the Storm vs Spitfires. 2nd period will come up soon. It's not a great stream since my computer isn't super, but it's watchable.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:17 PM
  #621
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Bateman is out again as well it seems - healthy scratch. He should ask to be traded. Might be the best for us as well given we could package him with one of our top 6-7 and get a top line pass first center.
Really? Let's trade a dman who can't play and let's say Clark. Give us a top line center. Most teams r acceptable to that!

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:24 PM
  #622
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Bezuch? WR proclaimed him to be top 6. Hosang was top 6? Bezuch on bench and ho on 4th. They put them out there and give up in a few games.
Hall and Ellis came here with a big bow on them and these guys have no patience with young kids. Thru expect maletta hosing bateman to be able to walk in and dominate like Ellis and hall. Ellis and hall were a dream.

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
  #623
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Guelph played 4 16 year olds in rebuild last year. How many did spits play in rebuild?

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
  #624
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
That was a stinker tonight. Disappointing performance on the whole. This is a game that shows the team needs to acquire some scoring. It's still early but they need to play better against teams like Owen Sound and Guelph teams that will be their competition for middle of the pack.


Last edited by RayzorIsDull: 10-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.
RayzorIsDull is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
  #625
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Watch boogie sell out his players again in paper tomorrow. No discipline, too many pims. Gotta listen to coaches. Players are responsible!

Jakey43 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.