HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
Guelph played 4 16 year olds in rebuild last year. How many did spits play in rebuild?
Bateman, Maletta, to a lesser extent Studnicka. Their issue was also playing a rookie to the OHL in Johnson, Marchese, Clarke, Bilcke who were all 17 as well with little experience.

Guelph has done a very good job with guys like Dickenson, Garlent, Kosmachuk, Richard and then you had a guy like Mitchell you can see why they can score.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Spitsfan67*

When did the OHL Get Replacment Refs? I mean seriously this was one of the worst reffed game I've ever seen, VERY ONE SIDDED In favour of the storm, Vail on a breakaway CLEAR AS DAY he was hooked, no call obviously....And I seen the storm players dive ATLEAST five times including a high stick on Bertuzzie he made look like he got shot....Refs are very lucky I don't no what car was there because I would of pissed on there door handle and left a nice scratch. I want to see a 50-50 reffed game for once is that hard to ask for? I mean that was 70-30 at best.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
When did the OHL Get Replacment Refs? I mean seriously this was one of the worst reffed game I've ever seen, VERY ONE SIDDED In favour of the storm, Vail on a breakaway CLEAR AS DAY he was hooked, no call obviously....And I seen the storm players dive ATLEAST five times including a high stick on Bertuzzie he made look like he got shot....Refs are very lucky I don't no what car was there because I would of pissed on there door handle and left a nice scratch. I want to see a 50-50 reffed game for once is that hard to ask for? I mean that was 70-30 at best.
It's always 70/30 against the spits and never for? Branch must be screwing them again!

Old
10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
It's always 70/30 against the spits and never for? Branch must be screwing them again!
Haha that's what I was thinking... Branch has it out for us probably because we BOOOO him every time he steps foot in are building, well Branch better wear ear plugs next time he comes here

Old
10-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Bateman, Maletta, to a lesser extent Studnicka. Their issue was also playing a rookie to the OHL in Johnson, Marchese, Clarke, Bilcke who were all 17 as well with little experience.

Guelph has done a very good job with guys like Dickenson, Garlent, Kosmachuk, Richard and then you had a guy like Mitchell you can see why they can score.
Studnicka played less than 15 games and less than 5 minutes each game. They played two guys. Bilcke didn't play 300 minutes all year. Dekort didn't play. Johnson played top 6 and now third line while they bring in schoen, marchese bezuch. I get the pro philosophy but get these other kids going.
Bateman scratched 3 games? Does that get him going? Bezuch was waived thru W and given 20 minutes a game and now scratched? Both will be gone in 2 weeks for much less than they paid!

Old
10-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
Haha that's what I was thinking... Branch has it out for us probably because we BOOOO him every time he steps foot in are building, well Branch better wear ear plugs next time he comes here
It's OUR building not ARE building. But branch is definitely after Windsor. Screwed us for giving a kid $7K and denied us the mem cup.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
It's OUR building not ARE building. But branch is definitely after Windsor. Screwed us for giving a kid $7K and denied us the mem cup.
And I'd say our chances for hosting next year are pretty shot too, probably give it to his Favourite team again(London).

Old
10-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Jakey43

Quote:
And I'd say our chances for hosting next year are pretty shot too, probably give it to his Favourite team again(London).
Plus ARE team won't be good enough.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
OHLTG

This "the league is out to get us" stuff is actually pretty annoying. Despite the questionable officiating tonight (and it wasn't the greatest, I'll admit), the Spits had zero hustle and took some stupid penalties. Their PK was excellent at the start, but there's only so much that can be done. When you give up four PPG and go 0/5 yourself, there's an issue. Don't get me wrong, 12 PPs against is a ton and I'd expect to hear something from the coaches in the news about that, but to blame the officials for it all would be completely off base.

The emotion they showed in the third...where was it for the first 50 minutes? Guelph wanted this one and it showed.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Spitsfan67*

Dont get me wrong the spits deserved some of them BUT the refs called everything they saw on the spits got to let some things slid and let them play, they let guelph go on some clear penalty's, it should go both ways.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Ottomatic

Rychel can't draft for ***** or Boughner was criminally overrated as a coach. Our drafts have provided little the last 3-4 years and Boughner hasn't developed what he had.

There is no passion with this team, no sense of urgency. Their competition level is very poor. The team is fatally flawed and frankly doesn't deserve the Memorial Cup.

This team will be garbage until Kerby graduates away. He's the dominate personality on this team and he seems to go through the motions, like it's friendly competition out there. I don't think he takes the OHL seriously.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Spitsfan67*

Vail has been this teams best player by far....

Old
10-04-2012, 10:02 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
This "the league is out to get us" stuff is actually pretty annoying. Despite the questionable officiating tonight (and it wasn't the greatest, I'll admit), the Spits had zero hustle and took some stupid penalties. Their PK was excellent at the start, but there's only so much that can be done. When you give up four PPG and go 0/5 yourself, there's an issue. Don't get me wrong, 12 PPs against is a ton and I'd expect to hear something from the coaches in the news about that, but to blame the officials for it all would be completely off base.

The emotion they showed in the third...where was it for the first 50 minutes? Guelph wanted this one and it showed.
Gotta agree...I thought Guelph wanted it more and played well. They have a better team and it showed. If we show up in London and play like we did tonight we'll get our collective *sses handed to us. This could be a rough weekend for us.

We took some poor penalties..just lack of discipline. It seemed as if we were in second gear from the start or maybe Guelph just made it look that way.

I've seen better refs and worse. Thought Verbeek played well as did Pavelka.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Rychel can't draft for ***** or Boughner was criminally overrated as a coach. Our drafts have provided little the last 3-4 years and Boughner hasn't developed what he had.

There is no passion with this team, no sense of urgency. Their competition level is very poor. The team is fatally flawed and frankly doesn't deserve the Memorial Cup.

This team will be garbage until Kerby graduates away. He's the dominate personality on this team and he seems to go through the motions, like it's friendly competition out there. I don't think he takes the OHL seriously.
I would look to the drafting more than the coaching. It's not about x's and o's it's about jimmy's and joe's. Rychel trades a couple of high picks for Schoenmakers who beyond last year hasn't shown the ability to score. Should the Spits be getting more out of him? Sure but how much can you really expect. We need to keep in mind it's still early but look at some of those totals.

Rychel 1 goal
Johnson 1 goal en
Schoenmakers 1 goal
Ho Sang 0 goals

Three of those four forwards were expected to be in your top 6. We can cut some slack for Ho Sang because there's probably some unrealistic expectations and with a supporting cast surrounding him not being the best we may have to wait to label Ho Sang a star. Things became undone when Khokhlachev bolted and they still haven't replaced him. Boughner can only do so much he can't turn Clark into a 20 goal man, he can't turn Bilcke into a scorer, Marchese doesn't always bring a consistent work ethic and that was back in Erie so I'm not sure it's something you can just change.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
OHLTG

I don't think this team will show up in London. Windsor plays very well at the BG/JLC/IH, so I'm not concerned.

As far as Kerby goes; he takes it seriously, but there's something missing. The fans were certainly letting him know tonight, too. I don't know what's going on, but it's just...not there.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Spitsfan67*

What's not there is another good player to help him out. Put Vail on his line but still Brady is not what Kerby needs Koko was perfect and we need another playmaker that is good and who Is a 94,95 birth, we HAVE to make a trade if that means putting Clarke, Meletta, Johnson into the deal then so be it.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:46 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I don't think this team will show up in London. Windsor plays very well at the BG/JLC/IH, so I'm not concerned.

As far as Kerby goes; he takes it seriously, but there's something missing. The fans were certainly letting him know tonight, too. I don't know what's going on, but it's just...not there.
Lot of pressure in your draft year. Needs to settle in and go to the dirty areas and get goals, that's how he got most of his goals last year.

Old
10-05-2012, 05:03 AM
Windsor Chief

Either Kerby needs to start to work on the ice or he needs to get benched more which finally appears to have happened. He sat out at least one entire 2 minute powerplay!

Old
10-05-2012, 07:57 AM
hockeylegend11

Did not get a chance to watch game but from what I heard not one
of Windsor"s better efforts especially after the 1st
Much like opening nite penalties were a killer,momentum wise etc,have to overcome
need better performances from everybody,not concerned yet but getting there

Old
10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Did not get a chance to watch game but from what I heard not one
of Windsor"s better efforts especially after the 1st
Much like opening nite penalties were a killer,momentum wise etc,have to overcome
need better performances from everybody,not concerned yet but getting there
I think it boils down to competing harder. Like you said much like opening night, they can't have a stinker every third game. Last year you could understand if they had a performance like that, doesn't make it right but you can understand why. This year we should be beyond the point of having to watch performances like that. Last night there should have been a much better effort just from looking at who their opponent is on Friday. It will be very difficult to get a win in London this is why a better effort was needed against Guelph.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:54 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I think it boils down to competing harder. Like you said much like opening night, they can't have a stinker every third game. Last year you could understand if they had a performance like that, doesn't make it right but you can understand why. This year we should be beyond the point of having to watch performances like that. Last night there should have been a much better effort just from looking at who their opponent is on Friday. It will be very difficult to get a win in London this is why a better effort was needed against Guelph.
I agree lack od effort should not be tolerated,I am expecting a better game
tonite at London
Not referring to u Rayzor I noticed it did not take long for the Kirby bashers
to come out,last time i looked hockey is a team game,admittedly he has not played
well but he has alot of company,especially as it pertains to last nite"s game
It was too bad after 4 decent games they had to put up such a stinker for
the home crowd
From what I can tell the officiating had something to with the game moreso then most
Players have to play thru that,I know easier said then done

Old
10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I agree lack od effort should not be tolerated,I am expecting a better game
tonite at London
Not referring to u Rayzor I noticed it did not take long for the Kirby bashers
to come out,last time i looked hockey is a team game,admittedly he has not played
well but he has alot of company,especially as it pertains to last nite"s game
It was too bad after 4 decent games they had to put up such a stinker for
the home crowd
From what I can tell the officiating had something to with the game moreso then most
Players have to play thru that,I know easier said then done
In regards to Kerby I think he needs to work harder but he also needs a supporting cast so it's a little bit of everything. Overall I think it comes down to expecting too much from some guys. The Devlin and Bateman thing needs to be settled quickly because they aren't getting anything from either of them. I know what Boughner is trying to do but it doesn't seem to be working.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:45 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
In regards to Kerby I think he needs to work harder but he also needs a supporting cast so it's a little bit of everything. Overall I think it comes down to expecting too much from some guys. The Devlin and Bateman thing needs to be settled quickly because they aren't getting anything from either of them. I know what Boughner is trying to do but it doesn't seem to be working.
Rayzor I get what u are saying re Devlin and Bateman,I still think about moving 1 of them upfront see what happens
Bateman played upfront last yr at -17 and did not look out of place
Devlin has a decent shot and size,cant hurt afterall spits are not exactly lighting up the lamp

Old
10-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Spitsfan67*

I think the spits will get shallaked tonight 7-3 Knights, I hope I'm wrong.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
I think the spits will get shallaked tonight 7-3 Knights, I hope I'm wrong.
I don't know its not houser in net...and London has lost the last 2 games and Windsor is going to be pumped coming into this game from last night..IF we loose this game it will be like a 6-5, 7-6 game. Idk if Pavelka could play tonight with all the rubber he faced last night. If he does he has a bad game due to fatigue.

P.S. its funny how one thing a player does changes the whole assumption about the player. From what Ebert did last night which in my opinion was a statement and to kind of tell Emmerson that he has his back. I have to give him propts...I noticed Ebert has actully shot more, passed better and hustled to the puck every shift since I've posted that rambling last time...Maybe he reads this forumn lol....He's become a favourite with some of section 103 which use to be an all anti-ebert section...He isn't my favourite but I'll think about giving him his dues if he continues his play.

Last edited by spits2timechamps: 10-05-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Closed Thread